Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1874&start_row=31

Jehova witness

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 6/1/2007 12:58:30 PM

Did you only read the last paragraph or what Bredren?
The post is about the difference between the Rastafari concept of fire versus the traditional Christian concept of fire. It is ment to focus on the backwardness of punishment by fire and to support the concept of 'fiyah burn'.
I don't understand why you feel it neccessary to comment only on the last line of my post, and further to seperate it from the rest of the text, as though I had made the statment absent of any explination.
It truly amazes me how often I have to defend a single phrase that has been removed from a well thought out statement and used to promote or at least support a concept I simply do not suscribe to.
Why didn't you single out, for instance this statment "In other words if the "Son of God" is your master and you are His slave then you will not have to suffer judgment and therefore will not have to answer for your own sins. " or for that matter this one "The concept of a weekly cleansing/confessing creates an atmosphere that allows one to continue sinning over and over again."?
Then to follow with "Everyone gotta realize we a RASTA and JAH aint cold whatever like that. WE all got the same most high." it'a almost as though you have ignored the intelligence of my statment (or simply not understood it) and have therefore decided to defend yourself from any possible attack.
Furthermore, everyone here is not in fact Rasta, that is an assumption. I have come across many people who post here and are either not Rasta and seeking information (or trouble), or think that Rasta is the same as Christianity (or some other religion) and therefore claim to be Rasta although they are not.
It might help you to not make difinitive staments such as that without having the information to back it up.

"NO ONE SHOULD QUESTION THE FAITH OF OTHERS, FOR NO HUMAN BEING CAN JUDGE THE WAYS OF GOD." -Selassie I

-still wondering why you couldn't leave a statment, not directed at you, alone when you obviously agree with the sentiment-

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 6/1/2007 7:08:43 PM

No disrespect sista, I guess I didnt overstand...

John 14:2

JAH bless

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I