Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1825&start_row=11

Wha gwan?

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/17/2007 11:38:35 AM

Blessed I

Yes idren, the first time i went there was when i first arrived in UK which was around seven or eight yrs ago. That time, i was in a real bad state, having just arrived from Africa, no money, no good place to stay.
I went there to see if the brethren there could help in anyway, however noone i found could even help to point i in the right direction and the welcome i recieved was anything but warm. I didnt want to mention this since i didnt want my little bad experience to influence others thoughts on the place...but now i sight that many of the i dem have had their own bad experiences there.
After that first contact, even though i went there sometimes i kept i distance...just went there with good brethren whom i knew, chanted in the binghi room with the big bass drum, played football in the park...things like that...i guess that is why i never came into direct contact with anyone selling drugs
Yes i Bro Anbesa, if the i was in london around the time i mentioned, it is very likely that ini have crossed paths at one time or another. Still i must say, i am not a man who is too much into the moving in a group thing...i am a man who like to stand on i own...Except on special occasions like the 2nd and the 23rd, you wouldnt see i around a lot of people
Still, one place you could always find i during my time in london, is on the weekends, anywhere where Jah Shaka sound system was playing. Shaka to I, was like spiritual food...I miss it

Bless
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/17/2007 11:46:22 AM

One question

Why dont they help to clean the place of the bad influences instead tearing the place down and ruin it for all the good people that come there?

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/17/2007 3:37:50 PM

Ises

Where is the I living now?
I only once got the chance to go to a Jah Shaka Dance at the coronet, but when I arrived there late in the night I was told that it had been relocated farther north, and without no car I wasn't able to reach that. But Jah Shaka was the only one who was recommended to I.

To your question. It is an open secret that the grounds there have potentially much worth because of their location. Since the 70s that is the reason why the authorities want to get rid of the squatters.
When they tried to run down the place a few years ago I was told that the authorities planned to turn the place into a very rich sub-urbian kind of area.
Of course the Authorities are in no way interested in the fate of people who live there on their own.

Selah

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 4/19/2007 10:34:57 AM

Greetings

We'll be greate to meet the I. We can contact about it.

http://rastaites.com/news/archives/2007/08.htm#01

I just have found information from EWF inc. UK.

Its hard to I put any comments.

Love RastafarI

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I