Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1812&start_row=11

Muhammed

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 49
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/8/2007 4:21:11 AM

Blessed love an ises

yes iyah, iman apprecilove your reasonings too. But i think i will stop here for now. I think if one keeps stressing on one point for too long, then others will begin to make wrong assumptions on ones beliefs and thoughts
But,humbly speaking, there is one line you wrote that really irritates i "If Christ/Girmawi Qedemawi Haile Selassie is God to you..."

Also, its not about who has been the greatest detriment. You should know that Islam has caused, and is still today causing, just as much havoc and destruction on the life, culture, tradition of the whole of Africa as the europeans did.

Rastafari Is
until time

Messenger: MacChrist Sent: 4/8/2007 6:23:36 AM

Witchcraft is the use of magic to make bad and strange things happen. The are these witchdoctors who are possessed with spirits of ancient people who died by a terrific death, by which they never had to rest in peace. My grandmother used to be one. Peace brother.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/8/2007 10:23:23 PM

Peace and Love,

Ras Kebre AB, Again give thanks, and please know that it was never my intention to irritate the I. My point is that there are ones who will not see your God as such, it should be of no concern to you. His Majesty/Christ is God to you, and Allah is God to another, this is not a cause for conflict, at least I hope it's not, I think I can safely assume that you are no missionary, so why be irritated over what another thinks of your God. And if you want solidarity I will tell you straight up, Christ Girmawi Qedemawi Haile Selassie is most definitely God to Me. I'm not sure how I could make it any more clear, although I know my ramblings could make it a lot more unclear should I choose to go on. I do wish that the I would have elaborated on why it was an irritation, but know that in no way was I trying to challenge the figure of Christ, but rather to disarm the need for challenges at all. Peace and Love My Lord

and MacChrist...

Give thanks for coming forward with the brief yet good explanation of your statement on witchcraft. I can now see why you presented witchcraft in the negative, however, and this may seem silly to the I, there are ones who call themselves witches and really mean to commune with natures spiritual realm in the positive. If ones movements are with a positive intent then I'm not one to fling any fire. I realize that chanting curses seems, at the very least, superficially negative, but unless I was a Muslim I can't immediately negate their actions for I do not fully overstand them, same way as if I was a witch...wich is...what? Anyways, those curse chanting Muslims may just be one type/denomination of Muslims who don't represent Muslims as a whole.
SO....YES....YES.....AAAAAAAAAANNNDDDD oh YES ALL PATHS LEAD TO THE I.

SELAM

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/8/2007 10:23:39 PM

Ras KebreAB, I enjoyed this quote and agree with your reasoning.

---------------------------------------
To I, personally, there is no way no how that man can contain Jah in a book. Seen,what is a book? It is a beginning, a middle part and an end....from cover to cover. But Jah is without beginning or End
Seen, i will forever be a faithful disciple of Christ...but i would never be so foolish as to think that the bible contains everything, every wisdom, every knowledge, or even that Christ alone has something to teach I.. This is what makes InI more than just a christian but a RASTA. InI seek for JAh in everything, in the bible, in the quran, the Tipitaka,,etc...anywhere where the inspiration of the MOst High has touched the mind of mankind. And yet still , I remain a faithful disciple..this means that there is a certain line i wont cross, certain teachings i will never accept. I love the teachings of love and unity contained in the quran, but when it elevates Muahammed more than the Begotten One, then we have to go our seperate ways.

SunofMan, you said,
His Majesty's denial of being God

Selassie I never said he is not God. He said he is a Man and said other things, but he didn't say that he was not God. As I have shown in a previous reasoning, Jah is discreet, He wouldn't reveal who he is to the people who didn't know him, because no one knows his Name but He Himself and His people.

The simple and straight forward answer to the question that was posed would be to say "I am not God", but there is a good reason Selassie I didn't say this because he will not say that He is not what He truly Is. So He intentionally didn't say He was not God, because he is God, he said other things to show people the Nature of God. So I do agree with the part that you said about Selassie I showing people to sight God within. The message he was showing to the people that know Him, was that they should not look for somebody to emanate out of God, but they should Iverstand that Selassie I was born from Man and Woman and is God, and to look within and see that it is there duty to Live like Haile Selassie I and become One with God as well.

MacChrist, you said,

------------------
Witchcraft is the use of magic to make bad and strange things happen. The are these witchdoctors who are possessed with spirits of ancient people who died by a terrific death, by which they never had to rest in peace. My grandmother used to be one. Peace brother.
------------------

Many people would call certain things that I and I RasTafarI people do magic. Man and Woman were given dominion over the earth and given many powers. Some people who learn of their powers use it for wickedness, and others learn their powers and use it for righteousness.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/8/2007 10:27:36 PM

SunofMan, you said,
-------------------
SO....YES....YES.....AAAAAAAAAANNNDDDD oh YES ALL PATHS LEAD TO THE I.
-------------------

There may be many paths that lead to the Creator, but not all paths lead to the Creator. The path of wickedness goes no where near the Most High, and there are many paths of wickedness, even more paths to wickedness then there is to righteousness. That is why one road is narrow and the other is wide.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/8/2007 10:33:56 PM

EXACTLY!!!! Ark I,

That is what I was trying to say, sorry if it was not articulated as such. His Majesty did not say I AM not God, and as I pointed out before He also said "WHO AM I TO DENY THEIR FAITH" giving space for Rastafari people to grow into whatever they choose, and taking away no credibility from the spirituality found in His Person, it is a blessing to sight the Man as He always was and forever shall be.

Selam

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/8/2007 10:41:51 PM

Ark I blessed Love, you said

"There may be many paths that lead to the Creator, but not all paths lead to the Creator. The path of wickedness goes no where near the Most High, and there are many paths of wickedness, even more paths to wickedness then there is to righteousness. That is why one road is narrow and the other is wide."

You can read more into my quote if you want, but what is a path(a true path) is one that leads somewhere and somewhere is a place to go. If one is following wickedness that really is going no where, you gain nothing, and will never grow from going nowhere. What is a path of wickedness that ends up with a profit worth squat? While there are pitfalls, if one stays on the path then they will subsequently end up at the destination. And the destination is I.....and the I surely must be somewhere and not nowhere, seen?
SELAM

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/8/2007 11:18:06 PM

SunofMan,

As KebreAB said,
-------------------
Take more care of your words....it is so easy to be misinterpreted
when u say to someone...especially the impressionable little youths... all roads lead to the same place....what are they going to think next?
-------------------

A path is a path. If a path leads to green pastures and another path leads to the edge of a cliff, both are still considered a path by the standard definition that most know and are familiar with.

If you say all roads lead to Creator, or all paths lead to the Creator, without clarifying what you mean by path then many will think you are saying that even the paths of wickedness will lead to the Creator. They may not think that you are directly saying that a wicked path leads to the Creator, but they may think that you believe that all paths (based on the definition of path in I previous paragraph) that people take on this earth will lead to the Creator.

And what is the use of bringing forth the idea that paths or roads to wickedness are not really paths or roads, but only paths or roads to righteousness are actually paths or roads? That kind of idea only brings confusion, unless you always repeat the idea whenever you refer to a path or road. Anytime you refer to a path or road without repeating your distinction, then you may be misleading people who didn't happen to see your post on what you consider to be a path or road. And it is important when I and I are reasoning that we express I and I thought in a way that people can Iverstand what is being said.

I could be wrong, but it appears to I that you didn't think of the idea that paths or roads to wickedness are not really paths or roads, until your thought of it as a reaction to the opposition to the statement that all roads lead to the Creator. Whether you thought of it during the opposition in this reasoning topic, or the opposition you may have received elsewhere.

It is not good to get into the habit of defending the words you used in a sentence unless there was a specific reason why you chose to use those words. It is better to spend your defense on the ideas you are bringing forward and if someone shows you how your words can be misinterpreted, it is more useful to clarify your reasoning, instead of changing the meaning of words. Why not say instead that all righteous paths lead to the Creator, or even that many paths lead to the Creator?

Usually when RasTafarI people change words, they change it in ways that makes sense, and the meaning of the word can usually be seen in the word itself, without the need to attach an explanation. Like oppression being called downpression, or understand being called overstand or Iverstand, or saying that you are going forward to a place instead of back.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: inajahlove Sent: 4/8/2007 11:24:41 PM

"Witchcraft" is a broad term; used in many ways today and yesterday.

Might I suggest perusing: The Chalice and the Blade or When God Was a Woman, both good information. Predating the Christian period, in places such as where we fight our wars today (Iraq), Sumer held much of the beautiful ancestoral sculpture and literature started by a culture that was matrilineal and one that was in partnership vs. dominator; that of today.

Many of the falsehoods alleged such as "witchcraft" were tools utilized falsely to 'trade-up' a man's wife aka 'chattel.' Now we all know none of us wants to be property. The Goddess era provides a lot of information to where and why, who we are today. And, further why church and state commingled in the tangled web we now live.

Simply, we are on the verge of understanding a new reality, one that is energy-based. What some would look in on as 'magick' is simply attunement. I do not associate with negativity, except when I work with my clients. (I cannot always pick and choose who I assist).
I do not attune with it, yet I know that my foremothers were in fact in tune with nature and intuition and I am proud of that gift in that I use it with Right Relations and respect for the environment. Like anything, it must be raised up with respect and temperance. Then, it may be utilized at The Gift.

Within all the elements is the I

Messenger: MacChrist Sent: 4/9/2007 1:43:33 AM

The reason why I choose to be Rasta is because many answers to my studying of life are in this Religion. Yes I,Ark I , I feel what you say but whould you consider someone whom you go to for healing of strange deseases, and still sells magic possion to one who wishes to bewitch someone. These people possess magical power but give it to the wicked who use it to distruct the developing communities. I respect those who use their powers to do good. From where I'm from you hear that few weeks ago one bought a car but he died because someone was jealose and bewitched him.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 49

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I