Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1812&start_row=41

Muhammed

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 49
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/14/2007 2:34:37 AM

To each his own, brethren, to each his own
There are some things that i just wont go into over the net.

All that really matters to i is that ini keep a clean heart and a firm meditation
Life is a long road with many signs and the signs i have followed have lead me to the point where i am today, as the signs you have followed have lead you to where you are. If i am wrong in i views i will be corrected sooner or later. The same for the i. I am glad to know that the i has an open mind, and i would never try to make you close your mind into seeing things the way i do.
There are some things i write so as to start a reasoning with the i dem...and there are some things that i write just as a "thinking out loud"...just like the other post "Friday" that I Empress asked i to elaborate on....but i just wont do it..not here. If it is Jah will that ini should meet one day, how good and pleasant.
But please do not assume that i would speak about something that i do not know about...as the i has taken the trouble of explaining what those books are
And the i is right...i wrote that at 5 in the morning and i just picked the quickest definition of gnosticism that i could find...i will still stand by it
Now begins i sabaath
Blessing to all idren in HIM Emperor Haile I Salassie I
Rastafari Is

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/14/2007 6:13:40 PM

Give Thanks for the response, and know that I would never want to sway the I's standing either. I know that we each come into things on our own and through individual perspectives we can both reach that higher ground. Still I wouldn't want the I to rule out those first two books I mentioned, the I might find them very moving especially when one reads the Ethiopian first and then the Egyptian. A connection is very evident, and the circle of knowledge seems clearer to I than ever. As you said though, the importance lies with a clean heart and firm meditation. I appreciate the I coming forward to articulate the I's stance.

Selam

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/14/2007 8:14:01 PM

Yes I bless i brethren

I have to say one last thing, no matter where we disagree, i think that we have to agree on one point...that is that gnosticism, like catholocism and islam and all their secret organisations are based on "secret" knowledge, only meant for the initiated and not for the "catuchumens" as the catholics call ini poor people of the earth.
And this concept of secret or hidden knowledge is something i will never accept. I totally reject the idea of a God that grants His favours on a select few while the masses of humanity are left to wallow in corruption and uncleanliness.
I will never believe that Jah is such a Father. So overstand what Christ is doing when He says "I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing"

"Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not."

"For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad"

and last but not least i favourite
"No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light."

Rastafari Is

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/14/2007 10:49:18 PM

I do enjoy reasoning with the I...

And I do agree, fully with the concept that hidden or secret knowledge is an elitist vibe and relegates the masses to a seemingly sad existence, in the eyes of the beholders of the knowledge. I feel that we could say that every form of knowledge of the creator has some sort of secret knowledge sub groups, even Rastafari. While Rastafari seems at first to be a very accepting movement, there are many within the movement that have formed rather inclusive sects. Gnostics of ancient times came from many places and while many had fairly Christian foundations there were many that did not, mostly Persian Gnostics. Anyways, there has always been the issue of ancient knowledge being passed to a select few and only transferred to the initiated, I suppose ones feel that this is a way of protecting what they cherish, rather than letting someone bastardize the teaching. I'm not one to say what is right, but these days things have changed somewhat. Between the library the internet, reasoning with others, and the privacy of my home, I've been able to find a lot of what I'm looking for. Whether or not the Gnostics were right for keeping secrets, I can't say, but some of the text that I've read, that is considered to be from Gnostic schools of thought, is very beautiful, and I have to appreciate that.

I'm with you though, Ras, I would very much like to see a worldwide age of enlightenment, sharing of knowledge, and togetherness, but each one has to find their own.
SELAM.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/15/2007 11:26:14 AM

Blessings I

I sight what the i say , however, the difference here is that you are talking of the works of men while im trying to speak of Jah works.
I know what man has done from ancient times
I dont care
They can keep all the secrets they want..they can hide all the info they wish
I know that no man can hide Jah from I
As the I say, each man has to find their own, however if you think that a man who studies in the library,internet and school etc knows Jah better than a man who lives in the bush and cant even read or write..then you would be very mistaken.
Jah Jah is never a secret...only satan keeps his secrets
And i dont know who you are speaking of...but from a man start in this secrecy thing..as far as im concerned him have nothing to do with Rastafari
And i know how them words sound beautiful,, but you would do well to remember thats what they are intended to sound like....look deeper.

BLessed Love
Rastafari Is

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/17/2007 12:16:08 PM

Yes Ras KebreAB

As we are grounded here on Earth yet surrounded by the Alpha/and Omega(UNIVERSE) the truth becomes self evident, we are connected to JAH with or without the written word. As a child I can remember feeling this connection without having developed a real focus. The focus I'm speaking of has come in many forms, one being just life experience,and another in the form of the written word. As the I said before, a book is a beginning a middle and an end, yet in the Universe there is no beginning no middle and no end, so obviously (at least to the IandI) there is no way any book can contain JAH. However, I KNOW that the closest connectivity I have with that Supreme Being that is JAH, is through the power I have in ISELF. As the written word helps us to make new discoveries about ourselves, individually and in unison, we use those words to further ourselves. Perhaps it's all the corruption of Babylonic force that has made man to depend too much on the words of other men in order to see something, and there in would lie the purity of the man in the bush who has no concern with that. I was born into a world of books, and I've found that very intriguing and wouldn't want to give it up either, I'm sure the I feels the same way too. When we take words and refer to them as the works of man, and other words to be the works of JAH, where is the differentiating mark. As I said before, some Gnostic texts are said to contain more words of Christ, that are not in the average Bible, so how do we choose what to take and dismiss? If the words of Christ are beautiful in the Bible, I'm sure HE intended them to be as such, same way with His words found in a Gnostic text. When the I says look deeper, I am assuming that's a reference to searching internally which is the deepest well I can find. So as I look deeper I have to discern what is of flattering lips and deceitful tongue, and what really is of pure beauty (what is inspired vs. what is a man furthering an agenda of sorts). So we have to make very thoughtful decisions, and I know that's what the I is trying to tell me, and I appreciate that, sincerely.
SELAM

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/17/2007 4:24:01 PM

Yes I

I dont need to say much for i can see the i sight things well already. I just want to make sure that the i dont think for even a moment that i am saying that you shouldnt read the those various books...no...read as much as the i can..i do the same
Well, ini know that the word is Life for the word manifeft and take unto itself flesh...words can bring creation, words can bring destruction..words can set free and words can incarcerate
The problem is that satan know this as well as ini

"So as I look deeper I have to discern what is of flattering lips and deceitful tongue, and what really is of pure beauty (what is inspired vs. what is a man furthering an agenda of sorts)."
The i said it perfectly already
So remember the importance of words...remember that ini elder Rastafari forefathers had to creat almost a new language to get away from the pollution of babylon words...
Look close at the words..for just one word in a sentence can change the whole meaning of what is being said
I will give the i one example...this is not biblical..but i think it will illustrate what i mean
In NY harbour they have a french freemason statue which they call the statue of Liberty
If you look close, you have to ask ..why use the word Liberty
It supposed to be the land of the free right? Why not the statue of Freedom
Remember it stands on the harbour..so what they are dealing with is Interntional Maritime Law
Now if you are a sailor and your ship comes into a certain place...the captain gives you "liberty" not "freedom"
So what does this mean for the "citizens" of Amerikka?
I will let the i check further on it yourself if you are interested...i just wanted to give an example

Bless i brethren
Rastafar Is

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/18/2007 5:48:54 PM

Yes Ras Kebre AB

It's true, Liberty is merely the permit to make moves, but one is still subject to some law, yet freedom is just that freedom to act on one's own will without restriction from another force. I've NEVER felt like I am living in the land of the free, amerikkka is a police state, and if one rocks the boat it's fight or flight, because in amerikkka might equals right. I could go on forever about my frustrations in this country, but for now I won't.

Anyways, I'm still reading, I know it's good, yes we have to think about it, not just take it at face value....

Give Thanks Ras, I appreciate the I
SELAM

Messenger: J_72 Sent: 4/19/2007 12:57:30 AM

I do not know if it was mentioned in these many pages of reasoning on this subject, but Muhammad's first flight was to Ethiopia where an Ethiopian Christian Emperor gave him protection.

http://www.muhammad.net/bio/ethopia.htm

We are all JAH CHILDREN.

Peace

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 49

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I