Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1805&start_row=11

JAH Footsteps

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/7/2007 10:06:25 PM

Yes Mr. Johnson!!!!

Saw that video a few months ago, I loved it, and I know exactly what the I means about Mr. Johnson, I found his words quite moving. The whole video was moving but Mr. Johnson was such a human character and the way he recounted His Majesty was very powerful, especially coming from one who I don't normally associate with having such feelings about His Majesty. Although Mr. Johnson was privileged to encounter His Majesty in the flesh, and just like Mr. Johnson, everyone I've ever met, and that's just a handful, who've met His Majesty, have also divulged feelings of being in the presence of something very powerful. The Kingly Character is now and forever has been a source of wonder, and inspiration. Give thanks for bringing this memory back...
Selam

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/7/2007 10:21:18 PM

Yes I

From an Infant, that kingly character was there

This reminds I of something
I used to have this book, which is not in my possession at present.
Ï cant remember the title of the book, and i would only remember the authors name if i saw it but im sure anyone who has ever read this book will know what im talking about
It is the introduction part of the book, that i am looking for. If any of the idem have this book, i would be most grateful if you could post the entire introduction here
As i remember it, the author is describing the Emperors Journey back to Ithiopia from exile. He says something about how the trucks they were travelling in became stuck in the muddy roads and he describes how even the Emperor got out to help push the trucks. The words that remain in my head are the ones where he says that even while pushing a truck, half covered in mud, everyone could see that Kingly Character still present in HIM
GIve thanks
Blessed love
Rastafari Is

doesnt the authors name begin with a K? just checking how well i memory is working....come to think of it...i think the book is called the Emperor...i could be wrong

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/7/2007 11:47:10 PM

Blessed Love,

The book The Emperor is by Ryzsard Kapucsinski, but as I am checking my copy for an introduction there is none. It starts right off with the first chapter, but maybe there's a different version out there.

I would love to read what you speak of, and if it is in The Emperor, my memory could be failing too, it's been years since I read it cover to cover, however, everyone should read the book regardless, it's a treasure.

If any of the I's want to watch things come full circle check this link and see the Abuna wash the feet of His Majesty and Prince Asfa Wossen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAfy0fhTp-c

if it doesn't work just type "washing Haile Selassie's feet" into the YouTube search engine.
Selam

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/26/2007 10:42:07 AM

very nice video, shows how christ was respected among the british people. without knowing, referring him to Lion Of Judah.

one thing i'd like point out, they noticed how Haile Selassie sat with his palms down on his legs because he had some marks from the battle with italians... Rita Marley saw Haile Selassie in Jamaica and said only if she sees the nail print from iyesus kristos crucifiction on his hand, as iyesus was crucified, she would believe he was the Christ, and as he waved she saw what she believed was a the nail print.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 4/27/2007 9:17:06 AM

To those who were noticing the "washing of the feet", T D Jakes has a series entitled MANPOWER whereby a revival for men only is videotaped. The washing of feet is part of the services and its symbolism is explained.

RSK

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I