Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1789&start_row=1

Mugabe the disputed

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 3/16/2007 10:43:58 PM

Recently there have been a lot of stories about Mugabe in the news... Now I have never been to Zimbabwe to see the situation for I self, but I have a very hard time believing the Western media when they cover stories about him. I notice they never miss an opportunity to put in an extra bad word about him. Enough times they will say things that are irrelevent to the article too- about his fidelity with women, his views on homosexuality, his Roman Catholic religion, etc. I don't see Mugabe or any politician as a saint, but I do see that he, his political party and his country are being bullied by the west. The west is always wanting to colonize, they aren't looking to work with others to help them achieve their goals, they just want mans to submit to their ways, which leads to oppression.

Check this article and then check what bbc news is saying about him.
http://www.swans.com/library/art8/gowans21.html#mail

I am very interested in hearing what ya'll have to say about Mugabe.
Peace and Inity - Africa Unite

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 3/17/2007 1:01:02 AM

i met a zimbabwen who escaped zimbabwe and he's telling me his pain and suffering from Mugabe government, as with most afrika the leaders are for themselves. he should hand over Mengistu Haile Mariam for what he did in his ruling in Ethiopia

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 3/17/2007 7:08:25 AM

Ises

I remember a Ras from Zimbabwe writing on rastafarispeaks message board. I also saw documentaries and interviews of human and civil rights activists in Zimbabwe. Just a few days ago I saw a report about Zimabwean exils in South Africa.

All these things should not surprise us, knowing that this is the man who hides Mengistu Haile Miriam.

Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/17/2007 11:32:15 AM

The man is a catholic, raised as a jesuit.
That should be enough to get the alarm bells ringing in your head

And just because the "west" is fighting down someone, doesnt necessarily mean that person is uncurrupted by the same "west". Look at Saddam

Messenger: I'n'I mloyi Sent: 3/21/2007 4:49:49 AM

He is really disputed by the west, But I'm sure he won last Election and he is suffering the evil of colonialism, while his tribe were busy fighting against colonialism that of Morgan were supporting colonialism because it was favouring them. This is the root os their enemity.
His tribe/group is majority and in an afrikan state divided like zimbabwe it is very difficult to convince opposite side to join you, Morgan Tshivangarai is now seeking military methods to overthrow mugabe which is very dangerous for a country like that, whose freedom had been watered by blood. By his policies he will never survive to undo what Mugabe had done. Land Distribution will never be done again else there will be a civil war there which is our great fear in this part of afrika.
Zimbabwe need to change but not such rapid and radical changes the west is demanding, and whoever tries to incorporate them is their marketing manager because all will be achieved will be nassive sales of weopons and destruction of Zimbabwe.
Afrika is united with Zimbabwe cos we all know what had caused that situation and tthe effect of it.
We need no more stories of Rwanda and Burundi in this region.

Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 3/21/2007 5:52:55 PM

Seen

Messenger: trusoul Sent: 3/23/2007 4:39:41 AM

as a south african i feel powerless to help fellow africans, what mugabe is doing and has done is wrong people should not live in fear for their lives, food must never be a scarcity in such a bountiful land, circumstances such as those witnessed in zim should never be allowed to persist this way. something is wrong there and something has to done, something other than war, the people have suffered enough.

Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 5/1/2007 10:54:24 PM

From BBC:

Living in Mugabe's Zimbabwe
Zimbabwean Herbert is 27 years old - born in 1980 when his nation became independent. Talking to the BBC News website by telephone, he reflected on the ups and downs of living under President Robert Mugabe.

I am not excited about the independence anniversary celebrations.

Why should I be?

I have nothing to celebrate.

I am buying bread at 6,000 Zimbabwean dollars ($0.34 at current black market exchange rate) for a loaf and two litres of cooking oil for 120,000 Zimbabwean dollars ($6.70).

I was only taking 500,000 Zimbabwean dollars ($28) home a month. But even that is no more. As of yesterday, I was laid off from my clerical job.

And now, because this is Zimbabwe, I know that I am not going to get another job.

I live in a rented flat with my wife and family and so I am still thinking of what I can do to carry on living and paying the rent. Maybe I will sell some of my furniture.

The whole Zimbabwe situation is not pleasing at the moment. Not at all. Everything costs so much, most have so little and everywhere there are secret police. We are not free anymore.

I was born in Mutare [eastern city on border with neighbouring Mozambique] but moved to Harare a few years back to find work after my parents passed away.

I remember how beautiful our country was in the 80s.

Finding gold

My gran used to give me 50 Zimbabwean cents to go buy bread, butter and milk - all that for so little! It was easy to live well.

And when we were at junior school, five cents in your pocket could get you sweets to last the whole week. I tell you, finding a five cent piece on the pavement was like finding gold!

Now if you see a 1,000 Zimbabwean dollar note on the floor, you just keep walking. You don't stop. It is nothing - no-one will even pick it up.

Back then, after independence, we all loved President Mugabe. But now we don't. The only ones that do are those who benefit from his rule.

I don't mind if Zanu-PF stays as the ruling party, I really don't. I just want there to be change at the top.

Mugabe is already a hero and he always will be but there is nothing more for him to do. He must just step down.

When he was prime minister everything was fine.

But when his first wife, Sally, died, he started going the other way. That women loved our country - she did so much for us.

A lot has changed. And it all started then.

Now, our country is dead. I really want a better Zimbabwe.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/2/2007 11:29:16 PM

It is very possible that Mugabe and those under him have dealt with some wickedness and I am not trying to say that they haven't. But babylon always paints a more horrible picture of their enemies then they actually are, it is just propaganda and manipulation. And I wouldn't be surprised if a big part of the reason Zimbabwe is poor is because of outside influence. Babylon prevents those that don't accept the mark of the beast from buying and selling to make them poor and weak. They do it themselves and put pressure on other nations to do the same.

In any country you go to, you can find some people to interview that will make the country sound bad and others that will make it sound good. It just depends on the agenda of the interviewer.

Here are some reasonings you should sight

Babylon Charity - part 1

Babylon Charity - part 2

Economical Warfare

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: still looking Sent: 5/4/2007 6:06:20 AM

I's wife is zimbabwean. she fought in the struggle and was in mugabe's regime. she actually worked for him after the struggle. she is heartbroken to see what she had fought for. I have been there twice. two years ago you could not get gas unless you went black market. we bought three gallons and paid 45 U.S. dollars (you won't hear me complaining about gas prices)

colonialism is without a doubt a major part of the puzzle that is now present day zimbabwe ---- but mugabe cannot and should not be excused for his part in the present day problem ( nor should he be forgotten for brining independence to that country). what he has done in the last 7-10 years does not eliminate the fact that he is the Father of independent zim.

what is sad however, is that had he chose to only govern for say 4 years and then stepped aside like mandela did, his legacy probably would have been held in the same light as Mandela. not now.

we have family there and we hope for change soon. often when we listen to bob singing "Zimbabwe" we wonder what he would think now.

viva Zimbabwe Today

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I