Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1780&start_row=1

apology?

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/9/2007 3:29:13 AM

A good start or too little too late?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070308/ap_on_re_us/apologizing_for_slavery

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 3/9/2007 12:36:56 PM

I am certainly sorry for what the white man has done in the past, do I feel responsible for the past? Not in a sense that I took part in any actions but responsible for that I must remember and change the present and future. We all need to show forgiveness but never forget. Some of my ancestors have themselves felt the wrath of wickedness during the 1930s-1940s. However, I cannot feel a grudge, because the grudge would just hold me back from working on the present and future. InI must not have evil bad thoughts about anything but use our clear minds to make things right.

At this point I have to make mention of Robert Roskind and his work to do at the least his part in working on forgiveness and apologies. It does not matter to me if this man recognizes HIS MAJESTY or is a RASTAMAN, he certainly has seen truth and is using his earthly time in this life to mend wrongdoings, whenever in his power/influence.

JAH LIVE

Bergy

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 3/9/2007 12:37:25 PM

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE FOR ANYTHING, TIME IS RELATIVE, InI WILL GO ON FOREVER!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/9/2007 5:15:10 PM

Sounds like political propaganda to I.

I didn't see any recompense associated with that apology. So it just just vanity of vanities as far as I am concerned.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Alfalfa Sent: 3/10/2007 11:41:32 PM

I am well aware that "slavery" has NOT been abolished in all it's forms and still continues to exist to this day, but perhaps instead of a public apology on behalf of the oppressors; a public declaration of forgiveness in the Spirit of Christ on behalf of the oppressed would go further to speed the healing of old wounds and help to prevent further violations. Igziabeher Selam ~

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 3/11/2007 2:25:06 PM

Dear Idren:

Do not understand apologizing to the point of not recognizing apololying. Those who get on the apologize for slavery tip usually associate the ills of slavery with past discretions. It is easy to say you are sorry for something that "happenED" when you don't have to take responsibility for the present. Just as the result of slavery has served as a hinderence to a mass of people in post slavery times, there are many who benefit from slavery to this day. There are also many who face oppression because they are decendents of slave traders as well. When any member of the human race suffers the entire family will eventually get sick. I will leave you with the following 2 quotes:

MLK-"Injustice anywhere, is a threat to justice everywhere"
H.I.M.-"Until the philosophy, that holds one race superior and another inferior.............."

Always in luv........

RSK

Messenger: Alfalfa Sent: 3/11/2007 6:06:56 PM

Why do the wicked prosper while the righteous suffer ??? Don't complain when life seems unfair because God has the power to judge and reward and He allows things to go this way. Human beings cannot hope to comprehend His purpose but must accept it. Take courage and remember the promise He made that whoever overcometh will be granted Eternal Life with HIM in Zion. So put on your armour and prepare for the battle ahead. Satan is strong but with God as Our guide We will be triumphant. SeLaSie I ::

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 3/12/2007 6:02:02 PM

Much love, thanks to the I for the true words.

Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 3/13/2007 8:20:03 PM

It is NOT about whether white people today feel responsible for their past- it is that their past is responsible for their present. Whites in America are rich today from the profits from slavery. America would not have been able to happen without the profits whites made from slavery. There weren't enough Europeans willing to come to the Americas and the European countries couldn't afford to pay for labourers. Therefore the only reason the colonies 'succeeded' is from the exploitation of their slaves both black and red.

If it shall be an honest apology, the US government must pay the descendents of slaves for all the hours they worked, including overtime. Blacks and Indians must recieve free health insurance, dental plans etc and should be given property since their ancestors were robbed of the opportunity of being able to purchase a homestead.

The US still supports slavery and inhumane working conditions throughout the world and should abolish their support of these practices still. European countries must also apologize and pay compensation to Native Americans and Africans for their brutal treatment of I and I. It is pure hypocracy to apologize for the mistreatment of humanity and still be sitting on top of all the wealth stolen from these people.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 3/13/2007 10:05:31 PM

I think you just elaborated on what I was eluding to. I agree whole heartedly. About land ownership, I think it would do mankind more good to remove ownership from the oppressor than it would to extend it to the descendents of the oppressed because all the land belongs to Jah. Native Americans didn't believe in possessing land, only sowing and reaping. If you take care of the land, it'll take care of you.

Much luv and RASpeckt!

RSK

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I