Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=176&start_row=11

Red, Yellow, Green

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/26/2004 1:17:06 AM

Like I said in the first post,

--------------------------
I sight that this Rainbow circle round about the throne represents the flag of Ethiopia, where the throne of Haile Selassie I is. And when I look at the Rainbow in the sky, the Red is on top. This is the top of the circle symbolizing the spiritual throne in Jah spiritual heights. When the Rainbow reach the ground, it come to the bottom of the circle where the Green is on top, representing the earthly throne.
--------------------------

The flag of Ethiopia represents the Earthly throne, but remember that John first heard that the Conquering Lion of Judah prevailed to open the book and loose the seals when Selassie I was in the Earthly throne, but Later John saw Selassie I, the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords in the spirit realm where John rose in the heights. So I agree that the flag of Ethiopia is Green, Yellow and Red. But RasTafarI people are in this world, but not of this world, I and I are spiritual SoulJahs. So that I why I show the flag with the red on top.

But I am not fighting against anybody about how they choose to see the flag. The reason I started this post in the first place is because somebody tried to fight I down because of it. So that was I reasoning to that person and anybody else that wants to fight I down because I flag won't change. I am not saying that anybody posting in this topic is fighting I down, I just see the I them as reasoning about it. I am just explaining the reason why I posted this topic.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: jahbo Sent: 9/1/2008 5:01:10 AM

Good day!

HERE YOU GO! This is information that I came across in approximately 2004. The colors of the "Rastafari" flag were 1green on top 2gold in the center 3red on the bottom. Each color was supposed to represent something and were placed in that certain order for a reason. I am sure you have heard the Burning Spears song "Green, Gold, Red." HOWEVER!!!!! Black Peoples from all across the globe have been oppressed from many angles and for many years. As a sign of protest, the movement decided to flip the flag upside down to be 1red on top 2gold in center 3green on bottom. The colors are advised to be displayed this way UNTIL Black People feel that they have an equal part in society and are not oppressed anymore. Now, may I say that I read this on an informational website, but we all know that online is not totally reliable, BUT I personally think that sounds like a great idea and I PURPOSELY display ALL of my flags with red on top UNTIL I feel that we are equal. I hope this helps.
Praise to God, Lord of the worlds

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/1/2008 10:59:19 PM

The order of the colours have changed throughout history.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 9/1/2008 11:09:41 PM

red is for the blood shead thats why its as if on the ground .

with the flag in any diffrent order it's not ethiopian.

his majested handed the colours to the army he said:

we deliver to you this flag which is the symbol of love of country and devotion to the emperor

it is this tri-colour flag, which, in times of trial will lead all citizens, military or civilan, towards the accomplichment of duty, for the well-being of their compatriots

may this flag, which renders the lives of heros immortal when they sacrifice themselves, be also for you a guide to the eternity of history

history and one country not die. the honour of safeguarding history lies in the hand of the generations.

this flag which you have recieved from us today will bring to mind for you and your decendents this motto:

LOOK AT YOUR FLAG

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/2/2008 5:41:56 AM

When i was a youth, i used to see Ethiopian priests,with their Red Gold and Green robes, and i used to find it curious, i have never seen in any country where the clergy wear their national colours on their dress.

Until i realised that they are not wearing a national flag but a representation of Jah Rainbow Circle Throne, from which the national flag comes from.

So if you are lookin for a national flag, you can see it today, its even more different that it used to be.

But for I,i seek Jah Throne, so whether you put the Green or the Red on top, i will still sight Jah Rainbow, thats all i want to see. I Fathers Kingdom is above any one nation.

"with the flag in any diffrent order it's not ethiopian."
This quote is a little strange,since Ark i already pointed out that His Majesty,in HIS autobiography stated
"Our flag, red, yellow and green..."

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 9/2/2008 12:52:19 PM

I have heard that the flag was hung with the red on top during war. Any truth to this?

-RSK

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 9/2/2008 4:20:52 PM

Greetings I,
yes Sistren it is true. The flags were also in triangular forms.
see the site below for more Ethiopian flags, but i don't know if it is accurate enough, because it does not contain the triangular once. And those where with red on top.

http://members.lycos.nl/ypersonal/flag.htm

One Love

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 9/2/2008 7:27:12 PM

true, and these are the colours, but have you ever seen an ethiopian flag with the red on top, there is already a nation with its flag aranged that way already.

would you put the stars of america on the right lower coner?
just sying

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/2/2008 10:16:06 PM

Ras Power,

Do your research on Ethiopian History and you will see that the order changed from time to time. So to say that the flag with any different order is not Ethiopian is a false statement.

Selassie I throne is a rainbow circle throne, and you can't have a rainbow circle without part of it having red on top and part of it having red on the bottom.

I remember over 10 years ago I was making a frame for Selassie I photo and I was adorning it with red, gold and green. I had one person tell I that I should put the red on top and another telling I to put the red on bottom. So I did both orders on the flag to show them that it is one and the same.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 9/3/2008 5:27:04 AM

Ras Power !!

this might not be much to the but still give it a second of the i time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Ethiopia

I agree with Ark I wheather red up or down it is always the same and unchangable.
Give thanks

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I