Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1749&start_row=1

Rastafari and Environment

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 2/13/2007 2:27:07 PM

Ises Beloved

These days environment protection is one of the top issues of course. But how do the I them see it in context of Revelation, in relation to other important issues, and how to follow His Majesty on that?

I'm too tired right now to articulate Iman own thoughts... so I thought I wanna just give the I them now this starting point for these thoughts. I man will drop in an other time.

So we know His Majesty brought electricity, cars, planes, modernity to Ethiopia. Things that we know today contribute to the destruction of environment.

Do not get me wrong... I do not mean to start a discussion about critizizing HIM. What I want to reason bout is, in what extend shall I n I follow these examples?

Is just on my mind for a long time now. Feel free to share the I opinion.

SELASSIE I
SELAH

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 2/13/2007 2:46:28 PM

bless,
an interviewer asked Bob Marley how does he feel using the fruits of babylon. Bob Marley replied, Babylon doesnt have any fruits. The interviewer said i'm talking about the technology and all that, then Marley say in the long run my father had Ham, Shem and Japeth and gave Japeth with the gift of technology, the world is not like it was in the beginning we need technology to get around, its not the technology thats wicked but the flesh, them dont know what they dealing with.

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 2/13/2007 2:52:32 PM

firstly it is important to know that HIM was also the governing ruler of ethiopia and i guess was living with the restraints of human body and mind...he wanted ethiopia to be more advanced in technology to keep up with western society etc

HIM never declaired himself elect of god it was marcus garvey that said it HIM even denied it and tried to deny it on occassions

I am ras ta because disregarding this in any case i beleive in the 'concept' of ras tafari and if HIM is said to be Haile selassie then so be it
it doesnt matter to me its the concept, the fact that we are here doing what we do
Ras Tafari for me is a contemporary modern beleif system which i think is the best that the world has to offer

i have always wondered though why god left us to make mistakes. I guess this was to prove satan wrong in the end, but why couldnt god/Jah give us some guidelines before leaving us to get on with it?
why does it have to end for the majority
why we not told what power source to use and that we should use contraception and birth control?
why does it all have to self destruct

i do hope however that HIM before he died was proven with DNA to be blood related to king david and if not then the big question is WHO IS and why dont we know of them and even why dont we know of HIM son??

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 2/13/2007 3:42:50 PM

H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie didnt seek his own glory, look at his works.
GLORY BE TO JANHOY!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/13/2007 4:58:11 PM

You think the Almighty Life giver is dead? kinda funny

concerning technical advancement

"For the life of the world is such that periods of constructive achievement are followed by periods of destruction: the period of construction brings peace and the period of destruction brings uncertainty. We have always kept in mind that the union of the SPIRITUAL STRENTH of the people with the MATERIAL POWER of the independent nation provides the firm basis for our people to overcome the hardships and difficulties of life facing them in this world. Ethiopia relies on Almighty God and natural justice...

Imagination, devotion, perseverance, together with divine grace, will assure your success."

Holy I Selassie I Jah Rastafari say so

"its not the technology thats wicked but the flesh" yes I Lion

Rastafari Is

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/13/2007 5:34:15 PM

At some point, humanity has to stop looking to the past to direct the future. At some point, humanity will have to accept that the only one to blame, or to hail up, is ourselves. Not to say each other, but each one look inside him/her self for both guidance and judgment. Even the Bible says that God made Man in a Divine image, and in doing so choose to respect Man as a sovereign Being. Man is the only naked being, no fur, no armour or scales, just soft flesh and patches of hair over the most delicate parts. Furthermore, when Man decided to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, great God did not undo Man, God gave Man free will. The ability to choose to govern him/her self or to allow God to stear his/her "ship". God sent Man into the wilderness to scratch out a life for him/her self and gave Man the abitlity to reproduce on his/her own accord. But while doing so told Man that life outside of Paradise was a hard thing, child bearing was a painful thing and that what is born must also die.
Man came to realize that he/she could seperate him/her self from God and in this way explore infinate possibilities. But eventually came to miss God's guidance, reasurace and love. So Man began to reach out to Almighty God through religion and the like, began to compose songs and prayers, dances and ceremonies in an effort to reconnect with Paradise. They sought out the rightious, those who choose to let God lead them. These people were called gods/goddesses, priests/priestesses, prophets, healers, Magi, magicians, witches/warlocks, and eventually chieftains, kings, queens, pharos, emperors/empresses, czars, prime ministers, presidents and the like. And the most "holy" were called angels and saints.
People began to follow and worship these deities, sometimes even forsaking the one true God. They likened these people to animals, elements, plants and ideas. But the masses never found great and almighty God.
Then came along a man called Jesus. He lived and died, and in many ways failed. Why did he fail, you may wonder? He failed because a group of wealthy and powerful men used his sacrifice to control the less fortunate, the downtrodded, the ignorant and the poor. They created a religion based (loosely) on his life that promised salvation to anyone who had faith in the fable, but they only allowed those who had been indoctrinated to read and interperate the story. This helped to keep the general population illiterate and docile. It caused them to believe that their savior wanted them to be sheep, to be good slaves, to be led to the slaughter with the promise of a blessed afterlife.
Then one day a man named King James decided that it was time to let the people read the word for themselves because the Church had far too much power and it was causing him to have less than he wanted. So he had the Bible dumbed down and edited for content. He made sure that any refrences to the power of femininity were removed, and he either watered down or removed completly any refrences to the Spirit within and the equality amongst humanity. Then he had the translation encoded so that even if you spoke the language you would need a higher level of education to interpret anything but the most basic concepts. In this way he increased his own power amongst the people and diminished that of the Church by giving the general population the ability to read the Holy Book for themselves, without actually granting them the power to decipher the message of Christ.
This "King James Version" quickly became the standard, it was used to enslave peoples all around the world, from Africa to South America, from Ireland to Australia. Wherever indigenous people praised a "pagan" God and lived on land rich in natural resources, Europe sent missionaries. Once these missionaries had established themselves, clothed the naked and feed the hungry, Europe sent in bounty hunters, vigilanties, thugs and militia to destroy sacred sites and family values. They kidnapped or killed the men, raped and beat the women and killed or "adopted" the children. All the while leaving missionaries to establish refugee camps and sancuaries inside schools and churches.
They spread their message of a vengful, jealous God who must be worshiped and appeased forsaking all others. They spread fear and guilt throughout the "uncivilized" world. They told horror stories of fire and brimstone that would burn sinner's flesh for eternity. While erradicating the respect and reverance for nature present in every single indigenous culture everywhere around the globe. This dual brain washing allowed these power hungry Europeans to steal land and resources from their rightful occupiers with little to no opposition, they dug holes in the earth and stole her riches. They polluted the waters and the skies. They burned or cut down her trees and bushes so that they could build their dwelings outside of any kind of natural order. They even domesticated certain animals so that they could enslave and slaughter them at will. They created energy sources to extend the daylight hours, travel great distances in a fraction of the time it took to walk or ride a camel or horse, they created heat when it was too cold and cool air where it was too hot. They disrespected every single law of nature in the name of technology, civilization and most of all progress.
Many other peoples, fearing a complete takeover, hurried to catch up to these Europeans, without any knowledge of the true consequences. They believed the worst consequence was the loss of tradition, they had little to no idea of the effects that polution would have on the environment or on people themselves. They did, however, realize that a great wealth could be made by selling their natural resources to Europeans, who (by the way) would steal whatever would not be sold (at a fraction of it's worth) or wage war on any persons who refused "civilization".
And so here and now, we are discovering the truth. The KJV Bible is propaganda, the Bible itself is copied from all the other holy texts of the anchient world. Science is beginning to find God, through DNA and quantum mechanics. And the Earth is alive and does not tolerate disrespect of nature.
Once humanity discovers that there is no seperation between God and Man, then (and only then) we can evolve into our true potential. Give love and you will recieve love in return. Judge only yourself. Power is an illusion, it is only a substitute for energy. Energy is everywhere, in every thing and everybody, you cannot create it or destroy it, you cannot explain it or control it but if you abide by it rules and regulations you can use it, collect/gather it, harness it and with focus, dedication and respect you can eventually become it. This is enlightenment. This is ascention. This is the path to becoming the Christ, rather than following in the shadow of Christ's great light.
What you do to the Earth, you do to yourself. When you upset the delicate balance of nature you lower you own chances of survival. You ARE nature, you are not a seperate being who lives amongst nature, you are a part of nature. You are made up of the same elements, you have the same heart beat/rhythm, and you were created by the same God, there is no difference between you and the ocean or the sun or a bird or a butterfly. If you look at Earth from the Moon you don't see nature and humans, you see one planet, just as when you see the Moon from Earth.
It is not some choice that you get to make as a superior being who can decide the fate of the world, it is a choice that must be made if one wishes to not go extinct. It doesn't matter who Jesus was/is, who Haile Selassie I is/was or for that matter when/if Jesus will come again, it only matters what you do every moment of every day. In the end the only thing that will ever matter is if you can forgive yourself for the life you lead/lived, and if you can live with your own actions. Eternity is a long time to be alone if you don't like yourself, and nothing is worse that having nothing but your own thoughts to comfort you in the naked abyss. I don't care what you choose to believe, nobody can save you if you won't save yourself.

"I turned myself into myself and was Jesus..."
Nikki Giovanni (from "Ego Tripping")

Messenger: YAHbeba Sent: 2/14/2007 12:36:22 PM

Ises Beloved

Man think we ah miss the point, ha?

We are into things discussing HIM divinity and KJV but not the Iriginal topic.

to addresse both these things: First of all I n I Theocracy Order KNOW HAILE SELASSIE I IS THE ALMIGHTY. know that. believe what you like, but know that HIM never denied HIM own godlyness. Besides, this is not the topic here.

Second, these accusations against KJV are a naiv foolishness, and I speak as a bible scholar reading bibles in different languages. People always try to create their own reality if they don't like the real reality. I read the bible in different languages.... for Example Luther (in its original) bible which is an older translation than KJV. You ever read amharic or greek original versions? Then you wouldn't talk such naivity.... if you do not like what the bible says.... why not just keeping away from it? But unfortunatly I have to tell you, KJV is just the english translation of already older versions in other languages. know that.

So could we now get back to the topic please. give thanks

Selah

Messenger: YAHbeba Sent: 2/14/2007 12:48:52 PM

Now again

What I wanted to reason about whas to find out which place environmental protection gets through HIM teachings and biblical revelation scriptures.

We all know HIM said, civilisation (with all belonging to it) is not bad itself, but it depends on how it is used.

But even if I use cars, planes, fossil fuels etc for peaceful purposes (which HIM was amphasising), I still contribute to environmental destruction.

An other point of view would be, that the aim legitimates the means. If I need all these things to do HIM works, isn't that even more important?
Yet another.... very controversial point would be, to say, that the only use for protecting the environment is to preserve it for humanity. I mean, if man vanish, the earth will o through many circles... and in the endless of time all traces of human existence would be wiped out anyway. The earth already saw natural catastrophes like ice ages destroying more natural things than man could.

Of course this is controversial.... but what I try to think about is, doesn't man has priority over nature in a way? I mean what is more important.... Humanrights watch, ai.... or green peace?

Many heavy thoughts on I mind right now. Maybe because right now I reason a lot with John Africa's MOVE... and hose brethren are strictly against ALL industrial and artificial developments.... and this in a way makes much sense to me. But then I look to HIM and see him using all these things... and still this too makes much sense too.

So what do the I them think? I think it is an important topic, isnt it?

Selah

Messenger: YAHbeba Sent: 2/14/2007 12:54:24 PM

Sorry again, this was Bro Yehyah speaking.

writing from I Queen Yahbeba laptop I always forget logging out.

No confusion intended. blessed love

Selah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/14/2007 2:00:40 PM

1. Pay attention and you will see that only those who don't have enough information to understand my truth call me foolish, you are not the first, and probably not the last. However, I urge you to accept the possibility and do the research before you call someone foolish for not believing what you have come to understand as the truth.
2.You asked for opinions. I wonder if you read the whole post or if you stopped reading partway through. I urge you to (re)read the last paragraph, the conclusion of my post answers your question, just as the beginning gives my opinion on the subject.
3. The post is not about the Bible, it is about the history of civilization based on the influence of Christianity. Now, if you recall, HIM is/was a Christian. The paragraph that starts "Many other peoples, fearing a complete takeover, hurried to catch up to these Europeans, without any knowledge of the true consequences. " speaks to your comment about modernization. The post itself is an explanation of how we as a peoples were coaxed away from our attachment to nature by European colonialization, which used the Bible to brainwash indigenous peoples into pursuing technology in the name of progress.
4. If one has eyes to see and ears to hear, one would realize that I specifically spoke of the illiterate status of the masses who were originaly converted from "pagan" to Christian before the KJV was written. However, you have failed to state your point for saying that you read older translations. Not to mention the fact the the original Bible is the Torah, which is written in Hebrew, not Amharic or Greek. The point, however, is that the general population was at the mercy of the Church when it came to reading the Bible until the KJV, simply because they could not read it for themselves. Furthermore, at no point did I say I don't like what the Bible says. It is not about what's in the Bible, it is about what is not in the Bible. Ever read the Gnostic gospels? It doesn't matter what verison of the Bible you read, without the text that were kept out from the first version, you will not find the Christ Spirit, hence the fact that you can call me naive.
5. When one asks a question, it is important that one accepts the answer, otherwise one should not ask questions. One should not seek to be agreed with when one is seeking information, one should seek to be informed.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I