Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1729&start_row=1

Jesus Christ's Role In Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Padok Sent: 1/26/2007 2:08:54 PM

I have question about Jesus's role in rasafari. Can someone please answer it.

Messenger: RaSufferI Sent: 1/27/2007 12:46:58 PM

sure what's the question

Messenger: Padok Sent: 1/27/2007 4:00:47 PM

What is Jesus's role in rastafari.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/27/2007 4:45:42 PM

It needs to be overs that there is no faith or religion in the world that does not have internal disputes over certain figures and events, let alone the disputes that are purely external. No religion has yet to escape this.

Jesus's role in Christianity isn't even figured out yet. There are many different sects of Christianity and if you asked them all the same question, be prepared for hundreds of different answers. This is just a reality.

So many ones in Rastafari hail Iyesus and then sight Haile Sellassie I as the return of, or new embodyment of the Christ. Some ones do not hail Iyesus at all. Some don't hail Haile Sellassie and still try to fit themselves into Rastafari. Some Rastafari hail Haile Sellassie I as the MOST HIGH. There is also Rastafari who have left the biblical interpretation all together because they found greater evidence and value in the teachings of Kemet.

The views and interpretations are manifold, and like most things, it really just comes down to hwo you sight it.

Hotep

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 1/27/2007 10:08:01 PM

Jes*us Christ Haile Selahssie is the name.Christ tell mankind that he shall return and he would be the king of kings lord of lords Conquering lion of the tribe Judah out of the root of David.Messiah!king Selahssie is the christ.Christ is Rastafari and Rastafari role is to deliver all people from the traps of Satan.But U said Jes*us role in Rastafari and from my overstanding Ras Jes*us christ is Rastafari that why I and I see that Selahssie i was the one to come.He and his zion father is one,in his father house there is many mansions. AllaujahRastafari Jes*us Neg*us Haile Selah,ssie I is one.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/28/2007 12:31:26 PM

CHRIST IS SELF-EXPLANING!

Selah

Messenger: Padok Sent: 1/30/2007 3:00:42 PM

no but i meant what role does jesus play in rastafari. what do you see him as. and whats is your opinion on why he came

Messenger: Brethren Nicholas I Sent: 1/30/2007 3:24:38 PM

Reread what was already put before theI. The answers are there, find and listen to them.

Jah Bless.
Selassie I for Iva!

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/30/2007 5:10:37 PM

Padok, InI did explain Jesus's role in Rastafari.

"many ones in Rastafari hail Iyesus and then sight Haile Sellassie I as the return of, or new embodyment of the Christ. Some ones do not hail Iyesus at all. Some don't hail Haile Sellassie and still try to fit themselves into Rastafari. Some Rastafari hail Haile Sellassie I as the MOST HIGH. There is also Rastafari who have left the biblical interpretation all together because they found greater evidence and value in the teachings of Kemet."

What is unclear? Jesus doesn't have a one definition role in this movement or Christianity, at least according to the people in them, there is constantly despute.

I do not believe Jesus is God if thats what your asking. I believe that the original uncorrupted Yashua WHO WAS BORN IN A CAVE IN ETHIOPIA. He was not God. Messiah doesn't mean God, it doesn't mean dying on a cross, it doesn't mean savior. It means Annointed One, thats all. Malcolm X is a Messiah, Marcus Garvey is a Messiah, Imhotep is a Messiah....

Rastafari is concerned with Africa. Rastafari is concerned with Ethiopia. Before Constantine came into Northeast Africa, InI Ancient African Christian Forefathers, St. Augustine, Teurtillian told us that Christ was born in a cave in Ethiopia, but when the Beast came he changed it.

Why is it that Yashua the Krst, is the only guy in the NT that is speaking Aramaic-Amharic, an Ethiopian language? I'll leave that for ones to decide.

Also research Aries, the African Chruch father who was rejected by the popes and bishops at the council of Nicea.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/30/2007 5:17:02 PM

what is your role in rastefari?

what was HIM's role?

Oneness!

Plain and simple!

RSK

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I