Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1720&start_row=31

Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Padok Sent: 1/27/2007 9:55:13 AM

Wait a minute ArkI are you saying you don't believe in Jesus Christ

Messenger: Padok Sent: 1/27/2007 10:09:34 AMHidden - Offensive
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Padok Sent: 1/27/2007 10:16:58 AM

Empress Nzingha "then all one would have to do to go to Heaven is believe in Jesus the Christ. If this is the case, then why does the Church preach of Hell as punishment for sins?"
PEOPLE GO TO HELL IF THEY DON'T accept JESUS CHRIST AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOUR. IF YOU LIVE BY THE BIBLE AND HAVE A GOOD LIFE PRAISING JAH THEN IN MY OPINION YOU WILL GO TO HEAVEN.

HELL IS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DENY JESUS CHRIST! SURE HE DIED FOR OUR SINS BUT IF WE DON'T ACCEPT TAHT FACT THEN HOW ARE WE EVEN REMOTELY WORTHY TO GO TO HEAVEN.

YOU MAKE SOUND LIKE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST. THATS TRUE BUT WHEN YOU ACCEPT JESUS YOU GET CHANGED FROM THE INSIDE OUT. ITS NOT SOMETHING YOU JUST KIND OF DO. WHEN IT HAPPENS YOU FEEL LOVE OF JAH FLOWING THROUGH YOUR BODY!

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 1/27/2007 12:17:43 PM

Who is it without sin who can insult a woman yet unseen, and claim at the same time to be a follower of Jesus the Christ?

"Voodoo (Vodou, Vodoun, Vudu, or Vudun in) Benin;Togo; southeastern Ghana, Burkina Faso, and Senegal;also Vodou in Haiti) is a name attributed to a West African ancestral religious system of worship and ritual practices, where deities are born and honored, along with the veneration of ancient and recent ancestors who earlier served the same tutelary deities. This system of worship is widespread in a multitude of African groups in West Africa."

"Although the word "Vudu" (Ewe) and "Vodou" (Fon) are ancient words still extant in West Africa, some western scholars have speculated that the word "voodoo" is a transliteration of the French words vous tous (pronounced voo-too), meaning 'you all'. The name vodu comes from the West African language, Fon meaning 'spirit' or 'deity'. In the text that accompanied the UCLA Fowler Museum's nationwide exhibition - Sacred Arts of Haitian Vodou; editor and folklorist Donald Cosentino suggested that the word vodun first appeared in print during 1658 - written "by the Allada (Fon) ambassador to the court of Philip IV of Spain...in his Doctrina Christiana (Cosentino, 1995: 29)."

"Historically,from its inception, the word "voodoo" was deliberately employed to mock and denigrate what most American media, (Hollywood), and popular culture believed was an evil, superstitious, primitive African belief system. Also, it was typically the ceremonial aspects, particularly healing, and protection rituals which were known as "the work." "

"About 80% of the population of Benin, West Africa, about 4˝ million people, practice Vodun. (This does not count other ancestral religions in Benin.) In addition, many of the 20% of the population that call themselves Christian practice a syncretism of Christianity and Vodun not dissimilar from Haitian Vodou. In Togo about half the population practices indigenous religions, of which Vodun is by far the largest, with approximately 2˝ million followers; there may be perhaps another million among the Anlo-Ewe of Ghana (13% Anlo-Ewe and 38% indigenous beliefs overall out of a population of 20 million.)"

"Kemet
(KMT)
The Black Land or The Black Earth
The word Kemet is one of the indigenous Egyptian names for "Egypt." It is a conventional pronunciation of the transliteration kmt.

Khem (also spelt Chem) is the Egyptian word for black, and was usually used to describe the fertile soil surrounding the Nile, which was notably blackened. As such, it was also used by the Egyptians as a name for their nation, as it was principally composed of the fertile lands around the Nile. Some feel it may derive from the Hebrew translation, Ham - the name used by the writers of the Bible to refer to Egypt.

The ancient Egyptians gave their country the name "Kemet" ("km.t" in transliteration), which is translated by most Egyptologists as “the black land,” i.e. the strip of land made fertile by the black silt deposited by the annual rising of the Nile, which was the basis of both agriculture and transportation in ancient Egypt. However, Afrocentrists, who defend the theory of an African origin of Egyptian civilization, theorize that "kmt" has another meaning, namely “the land of the Blacks” (i.e. people).

For a period of time, Canaan was under Egyptian influence, as was Kush (part of Nubia), and Libya, one of whose leading tribes was named Pitu, there is also an ethnic connection between them. Although Ham was a name for Egypt and Africa in general, Mizraim, generally thought to translate as the two lands, was the name for the specific area of Upper and Lower Egypt in particular. Consequently, in order to describe the relationship between nations, the Bible mentions Canaan, Mizraim, Cush, and Phut, (considered by some academics to correspond to Pitu), to be the sons of Ham. Canaan was the latest region to become part of the Egyptian sphere of influence, and was the youngest. Literal readings of the text would imply that each of these nations was descended from a single person of that name, who founded the tribe from his immediate family members."

"Ancient Egyptian religion encompasses the beliefs and rituals of Ancient Egypt. It was followed for over three thousand years until the establishment of Coptic Christianity and Islam."

"The ethical system of Kemetic Reconstructionism is based on Ancient Egyptian texts. The most commonly used of these include the Declaration of Innocence (also called the "Negative Confessions"), which contain a list of forty-two sins a deceased person claims not to have done, and the Wisdom Texts, which are pieces of advice written by Ancient Egyptians.

The Declaration of Innocence reads much like the Ten Commandments, only much longer, including such sins as murder, muddying the rivers of the Nile river, adultery, theft, eavesdropping, and sexual perversion (often translated in older texts as committing homosexuality, although Kemetic Reconstructionists in general consider this a mistranslation and are open to homosexual members - a common theory is that the prohibition refers to child prostitution). To do good is seen as doing Ma'at, or what is right, just, and orderly."

"Connections between Jesus and Horus-Osiris have been raised by critics of the historicity of Jesus. For example, the death and resurrection of Horus-Osiris,[3] and Horus' nature as both the son of Osiris and Osiris himself,[citation needed] have been seen as foundations for the later Christian doctrines of the resurrection of Jesus and the Trinity. Similar assertions have been made by other scholars, who draw parallels between the legends surrounding Mithras.

A few scholars and critics theorize further that certain elements of the story of Jesus were embellishments, copied from legends surrounding Horus through an abrupt form of syncretism[4]. Indeed, some even claim that the historical figure of Jesus was copied from Horus wholesale, and retroactively made into a Jewish teacher[citation needed]; these assert that Horus was the basis for the elements assigned to the M Gospel (the bits in Matthew which are not in the Q Gospel or Mark) and the L Gospel (comprising the bits in Luke which are not in the Q gospel or Mark), especially the infancy"

Find me a passage where Jesus the Christ insults another, or allows one of his followers to do so.

Messenger: Brethren Nicholas I Sent: 1/27/2007 2:45:56 PM

Greetings in Jah Name Ras TafarI Immanuel Haile I Selassie I, Blessed love Itinually.

I overstand what Ones and Ones reason about, but Padok the I come up in this Hola Forum to down trod on Ones by insulting. The I said it yourself, "I am new to Rastafari." Why dont the I take Ones and Ones comments and Ipinions into perception. Have an open and pure mind. There is no need to be callin InI an Idiot, that is completly unnecessary. If your new then listen and overstand. Leave bickering and negativity outta this place. Fiya BURN!

Selassie I Love FOR IVER!!!

Shabbath Shalom RasTafarI

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/27/2007 2:50:18 PM

Padok, you better watch your mouth, your talking to the Omega, the wombman, she brings life... No man can say he didn't come from the womb of his mother... show the Goddess respect...

"There is no proof that Jesus the Christ ever died, only that he ascended into Heaven, where he always claimed to be from anyway." YOU ARE AN IDIOT! HE DID DIE ON THE CROSS. THEN THREE DAYS LATER RESURRECTED TO FINALLY PROOVE THAT HE WAS THE MESSIAH.

BABYLON HAS CORRUPTED YOUR MIND WITH LIES!

Your faith ain't worth a damn if you don't treat others with respect. Your comment, "YOU ARE AN IDIOT!" clearly means, "You are an idiot because you don't believe what I believe." How very Roman of you.

You wanna be the big bible jesus boy? Don't play around when there are actually people who understande the bible. Heres a taste...

I think its funny that you refer to Jesus as 'messiah'. Do you know what that word even means? First of all it comes from the Hebrew word 'moshiach' which annotatively means "annointed one". It does not, however, imply "savior". In Judaic texts, the term messiah was used for all kings, high priests, certain warriors, but never eschatological figures. In the Tanach (Torah, Five books of Moses), the word 'moshiach' is used 38 times:

two patriarchs
six high priests
once for Cyrus
29 Israelite kings such as Saul and David

2+6+1+29=38 times

Not once is the word 'moshiach' used in reference to the awaited Messiah. Even in the apocalyptic book of Daniel, the only time 'moshiach' is mentioned is in connection to a murdered high priest.

Don't believe me? Good. There are hundreds of search able Herbew bibles online for you to search.

We are proud to stand for Africa and African way of Life.

Haile Selassie I the First

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/27/2007 3:51:55 PM

"When Herodotus visited Egypt(Kemet) and recognized the African originals of the Greek deities, he makes he sage remark that his countrymen, in their ignorance of the beginnings, counted the birth of their gods from the time when they first acquired a knowledge of them. So was it with the "primitive Christians," in their ignorance of the natural genesis and past history of Christolatry."- Gerald Massey

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/27/2007 11:21:41 PM

Padok, you said,

----------------------------
Wait a minute ArkI are you saying you don't believe in Jesus Christ
----------------------------

Where in my post did I say anything like that? Just read my post for what it says and don't add to it with your own imagination. But to answer your question. No, I don't believe in Jesus Christ the way you believe, I believe Jesus Christ (notice that I left the "in" out of that statement on purpose), and I know Jesus Christ, and I know Jesus Christ is One with God. And since I believe Jesus Christ, I believe what He says to be true and I follow His example. And whatever I don't follow today, I will follow in the future.

Did you not get the point I was making in the post? If you and other christians have not been able to convince the Jews about who Christ is even after 2000 years passed, even though you claim to be so sure of it, why would I waste my time trying to convince you when you are just as blind as them and don't even truly see the Jesus Christ you speak about. Just as you never saw RasTafarI when you claimed to be Rasta.

I am not spending 2000 years trying to convince anybody about Selassie or Jesus Christ because that is not what I am supposed to do. What I am supposed to do is learn from the example of Jah and become One with Jah and to encourage others to do the same.

If the churches spent the last 2000 years doing that then they would never have killed all the people they killed, they wouldn't have enslaved all the people they enslaved, they wouldn't have raped small children or have done the uncountable other wickednesses that they have done. They would have instead lived by the example of Christ, which is the example of God, and they would have been One.

But people never wanted to live by the example of God. So they twist their philosophies to "excuse" themselves from God's way. So instead of promoting the way of Christ, they try to force others to call on the name of Jesus Christ and "believe in" Jesus Christ. And that is why they made the excuse that Jesus Christ saved people by being crucified, they said that to excuse themselves from living by His example. When the real way Christ saves us was by teaching I and I how to Live by the example of God and be One with God. And as I said before, that was his sacrifice, He sacrificed His physical by teaching I and I, because he knew that teaching people the example of God and teaching people to be One was a crime (according to the heathen's laws) punishable by crucifixion.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/27/2007 11:50:43 PM

yes I Ark
better you let it go
It is easier for some to fight and DIE over a principle rather than LIVE UP to that same principle

Rastafari Is

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/28/2007 1:00:00 AM

Ark I said:

"No, I don't believe in Jesus Christ the way you believe, I believe Jesus Christ (notice that I left the "in" out of that statement on purpose)"

Bredren, this is a dope reasoning.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I