Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1718&start_row=1

Explaining prophecy by iyesus kristos

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/18/2007 10:27:22 PM

In Luke Chapter:20 Verse:41-44, iyesus kristos questions the scribes saying, ''How can they say that the Christ is Davids Son? Now David himself said in the Book Of Psalms,
'The Lord said to my Lord,
Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool'', David therefore calls Him 'Lord', how is He then his Son?............................

i need I n I interpretations, he who has an ear, let him share, blessings

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/18/2007 10:30:17 PM

.... if Lord being God, what does David mean 'the Lord said to my Lord''? amen

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/19/2007 1:05:58 AM

Ises Bredren!

This is actually one of the most misinterpreted scriptures, (thank you Christian Missionaries!). If you read this scripture again bredren in your Bible, can you see a difference between the first LORD and the second Lord? In the OT, when God was called LORD, the word is always fully capital. The second word Lord, is not. Ones have tried to say this is the trinity, but that is incorrect.

What has to be remembered when discussing this scripture is what book is it from? The Psalm begins with the opening Hebrew words "Mizmor l'David." The word "Mizmor" means "a song," and thus the opening phrase of this Psalm is, "A Song of David." In fact, the word Psalms comes from the Greek word psalmos, which means "a song." This is unknown to many Bible readers.

If you go back to the original texts bredren, which is obviously Hebrew, you will see that the second word Lord in the Hebrew is "ladonee" which literally translates "to my master".

These songs were written mostly by King David, but for what purpose? David was a musician and poet. The original purpose for which King David composed the Book of Psalms was for the Levites to sing them in the Temple. The Levites would stand on a platform and chant these Pslams. Therefore, the Levites would read this lyric,

The Lord [God] said to my master [King David] "Sit thou at my right hand . . . ."

So the second Lord is King David.

Hotep brother!

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/19/2007 9:14:59 AM

Exemplary explanation!

RSK

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/20/2007 10:51:20 AM

so King David was talking of himself.....seen

Messenger: I - Fyah Sent: 1/20/2007 6:05:04 PM

Raspects Brother Dreadnut. This particular scripture cause i-man some confusion from time.
Give thanks for the clarification my brother.
Blessed Love.

Messenger: Youthman Sent: 1/20/2007 6:45:01 PM

The way I interpret is that the words that Yahshua quoted are prophetic words about THE awaited Messiah, by king David through the inspiration of the Most High.
I believe Yahshua asked about what some people were saying, that the expected Messiah was to be a son of David, just another anointed "human" if you know what I mean. Rather, THE Messiah (Yahshua himself) is the Lord of David.

Yahshua went to the Father here he is exalted with authority on the right hand of Yahweh until his enemies are made his footstool.

Messenger: RaSufferI Sent: 1/21/2007 6:56:14 AM

In the OT, when God was called LORD

Point of interest: In the OT when LORD is written in all caps it applies specifically to something known as the tetragrammation, which is really just a big word meaning to have four letters. It refers to the four letters, yod he vau he(IHVH/YHWH/JHVH), composing the name of God. The pronunciation of the name was banned in the 3rd century B.C.. Im not sure on the correct spelling of Yeshua/Yeheshua/Yoshua jesus but the hebrew letters composing his name are yod he shin vau he.

RaSufferI

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 1/22/2007 1:44:24 PM

Blessed Love

Give Thanks Dreadnut.... brought to the point and well said. Nuff Thanks for the biblical Informations everytime!

But still:
You know, Christ did not say that their claim was wrong.... he did not say that he was not the Son of David. He never said that. And he never said that the Messiah couldn't be the Son of David, because he, like wee too knew that fact from scriptures.
He just asked a question... a question of Overstanding like a true Wise man would do. Because amongst the scholars there was confusion... they awaited JUST a son of David... meaning just another King to free them from the romans. But this question of Christ made them think.... Christ was not JUST a son of David.... he was David's son through the flesh "but here is one bigger than David!". He was JAH by Spirit, but David by Flesh.
That is why the Scriptures call him Son of David, and David still called him his Lord coz he is JAH.

I think, would it be just a translation mistake, Christ wouldn't have put so much importance in it. By the way, we do not know how the translation back then was.

Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/22/2007 3:46:24 PM

True true
Christ came in the flesh, through the flesh but wasnt born of the flesh
King David Greater Son

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I