Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1542&start_row=1

jah rastifari

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: penny Sent: 7/5/2006 3:13:37 PM

i grew up in a christian home and i strongly feel that the teachings of christianitys version of christ is false testimony and i really feel lost been feeling lost for a while my grandma introduced me to jah rastifari how ever shes long past away i need to know everything there is to know about jah rastifariii aanarda@yahoo.com is my email address

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 7/5/2006 6:52:42 PM

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/selassie-words/RasTafarI-word.asp

read these speeches by His Majesty Ras Tafari Haile Selassie I and meditate on them. Just do good and look for truth and you will find it.

Messenger: zionI Sent: 7/5/2006 7:18:18 PM

Greetings sister,

Here is a brief summary of my overstanding-

1- Jah Ras Tafari is the One prophesied in John's Revelation who would open the seven seals.The second coming of Christ in His Kingly manifestation.

2- He is Haile Selassie I, Emperor of Ethiopia, direct descendant of King David, through the union of King Solomon (King David's son) and Queen Makeda of Sheba (Ethiopia)- He is the Earth's rightful Ruler.

3- His followers are called Ras Tafari after His name which was Ras (Prince) Tafari Makonnen.

Ras Tafari (or Rastafarians as InI are sometimes called) hold to the principles of Righteousness, Truth, Love, the brotherhood/sisterhood of Humanity under the Rule of Jah (God).

It has been said that some of the aims of Ras Tafari are: to feed the hungry, clothe the poor, protect the children and care for the elderly.

Ras Tafari try to lead a natural and pure life, devoid of all harmful and unnatural elements (for example: InI try to avoid eating dead animals, smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol,polluting the environment; etc.)

Some Ras Tafari refuse to cut our hair and grow it out in 'dread locks'. This is, for most, a part of our covenant with the Creator that we will devote our lives to him- in the Bible ('I'ble) ther is a group called the Nazarites which took similar vows- look in Numbers 6, for example).

Ras Tafari speak Iyaric: a language created to get away from the debilitating and disempowering English used by the current system (referred to as Babylon) and promote a language of Unity (Inity) and Empowerment. ( as an example 'we' becomes 'I and I'; dedication is 'livication'; 'you' is 'the I'; 'Understand' is 'Overstand' and so on).

Aside from any recommendations which other brethren/sistren may give, I would suggest that you give the music of Bob Marley a good listen; I personally learned a lot from his lyrics and music.

Then you can, of course, read Haile Selassie's own words. Which are to be found right here and in many other sites.

Onedrop books has nmany good books on the subject (onedropbooks.com)

Seek and you shall find. Give Thanks and pray for guidance.

Jah has come to you and He will lead you the rest of the way.

Jah Ras Tafari.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/5/2006 11:47:44 PM

Blessed Love Ones and Ones! Heartical Rastafari Greetings!

Just know His Majesty. Know that His Majesty in His presence and in His doings is Ivine. Know the character of Christ, and you will find it in His Majesty I. Christ never tried to prove who He was with messing around with scriptures trying to prove Himself from that perspective, but rather, He asked that His works and spirit be tested and they found Him accusable of nothing. Though they spread malicious rumors it was all false. And so it is with His Majesty, half od the propaganda that still lingers here in the west has even been admitted to be lies BY THE MARXISTS!! So see the Irit of Christ in His Majesty. Thats it. Maybe its just I opinion but, I don't feel the need to make a mess of scriptures to prove my point. I just hail Haile Selassie I the First and thats all. Ones don't overstand it, but I am not worshipping His Majesty's body or image or figure, I'm worshiping that Irit of Truth, Rights, Love, Justice, Non-Parialtism.... These are the complete make up of what His Majesty is, His flesh only contains those things. that is why wherever truth and rights, justice love and equality amongst the INI, you will find His Majesty there, He is the Spirit of Right in Flesh, The Embodyment of Righteousness and Love.

Give Ises,

Kedamawi Kedamawi Kedamawi Haile Selassie I Rastafari!

Messenger: zrnman Sent: 7/21/2006 5:55:25 PM

I am new to this whole thing. I have never had a belief. I had a friend give me an old best of Bob Marley Tape. I never listend to it. He used to drive around all the time with Reggae. I could never understand it. One day I went home put the tape in the player. I her three little Birds. I fell in love with the music. I found self respect in the words of what was being said. I now want to understand Rastafari more. Can any of you here help me understand more about it. I belive in peace and self respect. I am open. Thanks. My email address is tim@timpate.com

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I