Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1528&start_row=1

Justification of Rasta Faith

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Rasteca Sent: 6/28/2006 1:43:31 AM

As a Rasta who is of Mexican descent, I come across downpressors, who because of ignorance, take my belief as a joke. I know that the cradle of humanity and civilization is Ethiopia, so at heart, we are all Africans. And being human, I cant help but take the criticism personally. The debate over dreadlocks and the place of a "non-African" in Rastafari is a common one for me. I would like to hear the opinions of bretheren and sistren out there on this topic.

Messenger: Ras Luke Hickey Sent: 6/28/2006 6:10:53 AM

I a Rasta of Irish descent, I too come across people in my country who reject and try to diminish my place in Rasta as I a white person.
I say to them Rasta isnt a question of what race can be what, its i for man or woman who seeks truth and knowledge not only through the scriptures but through recognizing the truth in what the world's government is doing. You cannot be Rasta though if you dont recognize the principales the Movement started such as Black Unity and Freedom, the Theme of Repartriation by Marcus Garvey.

H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Jah Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 6/28/2006 8:40:49 AM

Love I

Only justification I n I need is HIM words. Check it and use it to burn them ignorance. bless

Selah

Messenger: Ras Luke Hickey Sent: 6/28/2006 12:09:42 PM

"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God"

H.I.M Emperor Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 6/28/2006 1:42:53 PM

I'll tel the I like it is.

InI are Rastafari, we Hail Haile Selassie I the First and thats it. I don't need to go make a mess of scriptures and prophecy and try have them meet my needs. Theres no ponit. Just hail Him, thats it.
Africa is natural, praising a Black God is natural.

Christ never said, "Oh but I have to be the Christ because Isiah 67:4 says...." He basically said, check His Irit, if He speaketh one yet walketh another, then you have found Him guilty. But Christ fullfill in His works so InI hail Him. Thats it. I don't need all this other outside proof and this and that. Just love and faith.

The book that was sealed is open! Haile Selassie I the First!

Messenger: Irey Iditation Sent: 6/28/2006 3:08:49 PM

greetings

I am of English decent. I get criticism. Alot of Idren do. but one thing I and I can do is just like one brethren say, have Love and Jah Faith. Thats truly what I and I need. Let the fiya of Jah burn dat Babylon!
I and I and Jah shall arise. blessed be brethren and sistren.

Irey Iditation
RasTafarI
Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: Irey Iditation Sent: 6/28/2006 3:13:04 PM

one more thing, I and I are not gonna let downpressors effect I and I. I and I not gonna let some rubbish like that break I and I Iditation of Heart. Fiya Burn ALL dat rubbish. One Love!

Messenger: zionI Sent: 6/28/2006 6:40:42 PM

GREAT IDEALS KNOW NO NATIONALITY

"All intelligent people know that one's nationality has nothing to do with great ideals and great principles. If because I am a Jamaican the Negro should not accept the principle of race rights and liberty, or the ideal of a free and independent race; then you may well say that beacuse Jesus was a Nazarene the outside world should not accept His Doctrine of Christianity, because He was an "alien".

Because Martin Luther was born in Germany, the world should not accept the doctrine of Protestantism.

Because Alexander Hamilton and Lafayette were not born in America, Americans should not accept and appreciate the benefits bestowed upon the nation.

Because Marconi was an Italian, we of the new world should make use of wireless telegraphy. Again I say, great principles, great ideals know no nationality." Marcus Mosiah Garvey

If Iman may humbly add, the only One who must accept the I is Jah- the One who called the I to Rasta. Live up; never let the weakhearts cold you up.

Messenger: Rasteca Sent: 6/29/2006 1:41:49 AM

I want to give thanks for the words of wisdom. I asked for light and Jah provided thru the love, support and encouragement of Rasta people.

Give thanks and praise to
H.I.M Halie Selassie I
Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Irey Iditation Sent: 7/14/2006 8:27:12 AM

greetings

I posted this message so hopefully another brethren or another of I sistren enjoy this small reasoning as I have for the fact that it is so suportive to everyone involved. It just makes I happy. Im glad it was one of the first things i read in this fine and fabulous morning.

One Blessed Love.

Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I