Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1473&start_row=1

Jah Works

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zionI Sent: 5/17/2006 5:06:25 PM

I have read a lot of very informative iditations on this site and give thanks and Ises for that. There seems to be no lack of deep thought and philosophizing on Ras Tafari "theory"

I would apprecialove reading what the bredrin/sistren are also doing in the field of action. In other words, what is being done by InI Ras Tafari (other than reasoning) which is forwarding humanity.

What actions are being taken to deal with such evils as: poverty, the neglect of chilren and elderly, lack of justice for those with no money, the existence of first class and second class citizens; cruelty to animals; destruction of the environment; warmongering by governments ...and so on.

It would truly be a blessing to hear that some bredrin/sistren known as Ras Tafari are actually doing something to change some of the ills of the times.

Its obvious that many can talk the talk, wear the locks and play the music...but are InI walking the walk in the path of true Nazarites? What ideas can InI share on battling some of these ills?

Give thanks for any thoughts.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/18/2006 12:02:07 AM

Before I reason about some of the works I am doing, I will give an introduction.

Burning spear has a song where he speaks about the image of Marcus Garvey, he says:

----------------
Marcus Mosiah Garvey say: man who cannot get no work, should make work, make work, be creative, be creative
----------------

This message is High whether or not people already have work, because when a person is creative and makes work, they can help many people forward and rise, and they are not under the control of somebody else, but they rule their own movements. One of the many things I have learned from Marcus Garvey and Haile Selassie I is that the way to rise up a people is to come together and work together. Selassie I teach:

Yes, we too are aware that giving alms serves no useful purpose. For there is only one means to solve the poverty problem. work.

Work

I am working on an invention and trodding to get it into production. My purpose for this movement is to make work for people and give people a good wage that is more fitting for the work they do. The people will even be able to work from home, so it will be good for single parents as well. Another purpose is to use some of the profits to help others forward with other works, so that they can build up their own self and those surrounding them.

My works on the invention is part of the reason I don't post as much on the website as I used to.

Another example of works is I trod to show Ones and Ones the things I have seen and help people uplift their Spirit and help them conquor their problems, and to learn the confidence and drive to forward with the things they want to accomplish. All good works are helpful in these times, whether physical actions or the actions of words. Words are like seeds and when the seeds grow and bear fruit, the fruit is the energy for the physical actions, and the seeds spread and multiply and as more fruit grows, more actions follow.

I don't know what your intention was for this question, but when I have heard this question being asked in the past, it usually came with the assumption that most talk and don't perform works, and also the assumption that the people who were being asked this question would have little to say about their actions.

What would be much more beneficial than trying to test people by such questions is to show what works you yourself have done, so people can see the type of example to follow. People would respond better to this and some would be encouraged to talk about works that they do, showing more examples.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/18/2006 8:40:15 AM

One of the most useful comments someone left after one of my posts was to focus on building. The sistren mentioned screening a pail to catch rain water, etc. This productive word instantly transform my think path and I began to lQQk past the source of current despair and see a path of light, fueled with productive energy.

RSK

Messenger: Irey Iditation Sent: 5/18/2006 10:34:54 AM

greetings in the name of RasTafari

In my environment/home, the help given from I is somewhat behind the scenes. Now please dont criticize I because of this. I help others to see the light or begin to see the light in a subtle way. I let them know that the righteous are to be uplifted with Jah spirit, and the unrighteous may very well be on a path leadin to negativity. Here in town, RasTafari bredren an sistren say perks for works. If u work for Jah's rewarding perks, then you will truely be happier inside as a person. If I's ask about what I beleive in, I tell them I beliefs and I way of life of daily livity under Jah. It amazes people. It has the potential to change people for the greater good.

blessed be. Praises to The Most High, JAH RAS TAFARI!!!

selah

Messenger: zionI Sent: 5/18/2006 1:06:53 PM

Ark I

Give many thanks for the I's reply.

The purpose of Iman's question was twofold:

1- As the I correctly surmized it was a question to those who seem to talk alot and do no works. I sight the I's comments on such a question being potentially negative. Duely noted. Give thanks.

2- I am always looking for ways to do Jah works in I own life, so I welcome ideas which I might emulate.

Since the I has asked my works I offer them as examples in all humilty and with the knowledge that all comes from Jah and without Him Iman am nothing:

Iman am a legal aid 'poverty' lawyer. I represent the poor and disenfranchised element of society. In doing so, I try hard to deal with those whom I represent with raspect and righteousness. Although sometimes it seems difficult, Iman try hard to serve those who seem to have been forgotten by society.

I also try, on a daily basis, to honour and serve my parents, who thank Jah are still in this material realm.

I have thought about starting a journal of some sort to create a forum for free thought and discourse. I'm not sure of the effectiveness of that.

I make regular financial donations to various organizations dealing with child poverty and other charities.

I compose and sing songs in the band 'I'Land with which I try to spread what knowledge and overstanding have been revealed to I by the grace of the Almighty.

These are some works which I share with the I in all humility.

Once again, give thanks for the I's comments.

Ras Tafari.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/18/2006 11:22:32 PM

I have also heard of similar saying to perks for works as described by Irey Iditation.

It is true that RasTafarI rewards His people that Live for Jah. But I and I are not to do the works for the reward, otherwise, the works are incomplete.

I and I were created to do the works for Jah RasTafarI, that is how I and I structure was made and is our purpose on Earth, to walk in the Image of Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I.

I know that people that say things like perks for works still do works for Jah. But often a part also does the works for the reward.

When I and I learn the mindset that I and I natural way is to promote Life and I and I make that mindset One with I and I, then I and I will never turn aside.

All of Jah rewards are given with Love and it is natural to rejoice when I and I see the rewards, but often we test ourselves and tempt ourselves and pay too much attention to the reward. Some people over time come to expect a reward for the works they do, and if too much time passes (in their eyes) without sighting a reward, and especially if tribulation comes and takes the place of the rewards; they lose their Faith and lose their Drive to Live by the example of Jah RasTafarI.

But if a Man's or Woman's focus is in One place, on Jah RasTafarI as I and I Natural Livity and Creation, then nothing can change them, because they expect nothing from the outside, nothing from the world, their expectation is only on themself, to Live by the example and Spirit of God. To Love their brothers and sisters, the earth, the heavens and all that is. So whatever the season be, nothing has changed with them because they have learned the full example of Jah RasTafarI.

Jah doesn't expect a reward for anything RasTafarI does. Jah RasTafarI performs all righteousness because Haile Selassie I is Love. No matter how wicked the people and animals of this world have become, Jah still deals with so much Love, daily giving Life and Breath, daily helping all to Grow and Rise to new Heights.

The Image of Jah RasTafarI is complete with Oneness. Mankind will Rise in such Greatness if I and I Trod in the Image and Way of Haile Selassie I Jah RastafarI.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Irey Iditation Sent: 5/19/2006 10:00:02 AM

greetings in the name of H.I.M. Jah RasTafarI

Ark I say:

Jah doesn't expect a reward for anything RasTafarI does. Jah RasTafarI performs all righteousness because Haile Selassie I is Love. No matter how wicked the people and animals of this world have become, Jah still deals with so much Love, daily giving Life and Breath, daily helping all to Grow and Rise to new Heights.

The Image of Jah RasTafarI is complete with Oneness. Mankind will Rise in such Greatness if I and I Trod in the Image and Way of Haile Selassie I Jah RastafarI.

RAS TAFARI. thanks and praises to ark I. I and I no live for a reward. I and I stand for the good of I and I people in I and I environment.

I say perks for works not for the perks I may receive, but Jah truely give perks for works. BUt like the I said, let not thyself work for Jah perks, work to work for the greater good. Blessed be Ark I and Zion I, RSK I, and all other I's. praise and thanks to The Upmost High, Jah RasTafarI

selah

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I