Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1188&start_row=1

TIME

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/29/2005 5:27:55 PM

Selassie I link about his history from the point of view of TIME

peace.salam

Messenger: ras shem tafari Sent: 12/29/2005 10:41:08 PM

ras elijah,
greetings in H.I.M. name.

I had explored this site quite some time ago. It does provide a large amount of objective information. That's all well and good to some, but these articles occupy a Babylonian standpoint. This site portrays His Majesty in a more positive light, yet I&I still read some criticism. To base on examples:

1. I found your link earlier this year on the TIMEEurope article concerning the elaborately arranged "funeral" of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I.

2. There is another article archived from September 8, 1975("The Lion is Freed"): reporting on the supposed downfall, old age, and death of Selassie-I during the Marxist revolution.

I find it amusing that regards to RasTafari("a minority negro cult") are more strong in articles about Nesta Robert Marley and his 60th birthday; that outsiders identify I&I more strongly with Bob than with our actual core.

And yet, the TIME magazine's history with His Majesty has always seemed respectful(note their Man of the Year title before WWII). This has little in difference, and your site is still worth a look.

guidance & protection
ras shem tafari.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/30/2005 2:54:57 AM

In the movie called Lion of Judah, the spokesman who is the narator says that His Majesty is "practically the embodyment of the worlds history"

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I