Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1185&start_row=1

Walking Dead Fathers

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/28/2005 12:16:23 AM

Joseph Hill of the reggae group Culture says,

If you hungry, you is a boy
If you and your woman hungry, you is a dumb boy
If you, your woman and your pickney is hungry, you is a piece of sh--

I would go farther and say,

If you don't provide for yourself, you is a boy
If you don't provide for you or your woman, you is a dumb boy
If you don't provide for you, your woman and your pickney, you is a piece of sh--

Walking dead fathers are those that don't provide for their future generations, but live in selfishness and greed, fruits of the devil.

Many of the dead fathers will say "my pickney is taken care of" The problem is, that their pickney are not taken care of by them, they are taken care of by the mother, her parents, and in some cases, the dead father's parents.

The child's mother and the others that take care of the child are Jah people, but the dead father is the child of satan.

Whenever a father doesn't do his part, it puts off the balance and causes others to give more then they were meant to give to fill the void of the dead father. And what is even worse, many times the dead father sucks more life from the woman or from the parents to feed his death, so that he can linger in death a little longer. This causes more imbalance so they don't have to just fill the void, but they have to refill what is taken by the dead heathen.

Fire burn all walking dead fathers. Jah see and know.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 12/28/2005 10:11:37 AM

Wow,, that is well said, rasta far I
Hail up to the I, Ras Ark I...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/31/2006 10:38:47 PM

I have a reasoning I made before that speaks about the relationship between man and woman as I see it. It ties in to this topic and also Nefertiti's comment.

-----------------------------------
I don't accept that a woman has no say, and should just do whatever a man say. Many men out there are not good examples of Jah livity, and all they will do is teach a woman foolishness. And a woman shouldn't go against God, because a man tell her to do it.

And also, I sight that the men who don't consider the instruction and opinion of their wife will be weak. I will never refuse good instruction, or correction, no matter who brings it to I. I don't have any desire to continue in foolishness because I am too stubborn to deal with what a woman say.

A man and woman come together as One, and Jah should be their guide and light. A woman often times will think of things that a man doesn't, and a man will often times think of things that a woman doesn't. So as One, I and I should rise and come closer to Jah, as One mind.

Livity
-----------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nyah Nicholas Sent: 12/3/2009 6:52:57 PM

YES IYAH!! RasTafarI!!!

Crucial teachings....Ises...

Selassie I Liveth!!!

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 12/3/2009 7:34:37 PM

Bless I, i'm just getting myself together at the group home, i probably need to wake up early so i dont sleep too much when i meet with my wife, ''awake from your sleep and slumber ,to bring your days luck in number''

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/10/2011 9:36:43 PM

From another blessed song from Culture.

"Do Something For Yourself"

This is what I can't understand, woman having children for lazy man.
I wonder how the pickney them a go nyam

Rise up and do something for yourself

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2014 1:17:35 AM

We live in a society which is designed for the destruction of the family unit. Especially when the family involves a Rastafari, or anyone of native expression. While I agree with everything said. I also am aware of the sincere effort of many Rastafari fathers, which have been demeaned and restricted by the inners working of Babylon. It's not always the case of a 'greedy' ignorant man. Sometimes the blame is as much on the ideology of the mother too.

I am not disagreeing with what has been said however. As always, I aim to achieve the voice of balance within the reasoning.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/21/2014 1:39:17 AM

I fixed the YouTube link for the I, it was because of line breaks in the code the I posted.

I agree with the I and it is not those who I am speaking about.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 1/21/2014 3:44:45 PM

ArkI, that’s so funny. GA I see what you are saying but sometimes in reality, it’s a shame, but the perception of an actual or theoretical disadvantage can give more power to the oppression and allow the breakdown of the family. Babylon is never going to be pro Rasta, pro sustaining families, not above collecting taxes. Victim mentality leads to more victimisation, and maintaining the feeling that life owes you personally can lead to robbing even ones own child of the support they genuinely need. Family is intimate though and all kinds of history is played out with those closest.
What did you mean by ‘blame is as much on the ideology of the mother’? You mean her intentions, her low mindedness in her approach to family / life?

Peace

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2014 9:19:57 PM

Joseph Hill of the reggae group Culture says,

If you hungry, you is a boy
If you and your woman hungry, you is a dumb boy
If you, your woman and your pickney is hungry, you is a piece of sh--

I would go farther and say,

If you don't provide for yourself, you is a boy
If you don't provide for you or your woman, you is a dumb boy
If you don't provide for you, your woman and your pickney, you is a piece of sh--

- I think the Effort to do these things is the important factor. Whether or not one can achieve this is something different. Again, I wouldn't demonise those who can't provide. I think this - and the thread itself - is made for ones who have no intention of providing for their family.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I