Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1185&start_row=11

Walking Dead Fathers

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/21/2014 9:47:00 PM

Yes I Garveys Africa, I was just about to post this and I saw your Reasoning. I already spent the time writing it so I might as well post it.

Nothing in I Reasoning is about people who don't get paid enough to provide, as long as they provide what they are able. Some people can't find work, but some don't want to work. And for those that can't find work, they must remember that Marcus Garvey say, man who cannot get no work, should make work, be creative.

Parents are supposed to make sacrifices for their children, but some have enough to eat, a place to live and money for their personal entertainment, but are not willing to sacrifice any of that for their children. The reason I put in the word provide, is because a man's child may not be hungry, because the woman and/or her parents provide for them, but if they are able but don't provide, they are a walking dead father. A person's child is the future of their Life, it is important to tilt the balance of energy toward them, because it will improve their Life for upcoming generations.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 1/22/2014 12:28:56 AM

I was writing generally, but in my community the issues are the same, apart from dying of hunger. What the man says is harsh in fact, a judgement which could be far off true for some, I recognised the unwillingness to put the child above the ego where gangsterism is concerned, that gave I heart and so I responded to that. When i mention victimism I mean when seeing oneself as a victim, in that role, or even a survivor as identity, it puts I on the back foot. Survival is a must and strength can be reaped from adversity, it is true, as long as conciousness is on a level to see it and not identfy with the oppression. Claiming right to victim isnt empowering. Recognising the shear strength it takes to overcome, is. Womens instinct to provide may be more natural than man's, who's instinct to protect probably leads him to engage in the struggle differently. I speak as a woman so correct me if you see it differently. No judgment, we need to work together for the family to flourish.
Ises.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/22/2014 12:38:20 AM

If I see it differently I wouldn't say its a correction Sister. I have no disagreement with anything you just said. That reasoning showed the full balance of Ma'at.

Give thanks and praise

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/16/2016 1:54:44 PM

Forwarding this one again as a reminder to the walking dead.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I