Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1128&start_row=1

Live after death..heaven or nothing..

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: White dread Sent: 12/13/2005 4:27:08 PM

I've heard many rasta's say that there is nothing after death..
but many claim that there is a heaven..
Personaly I believe in a heaven..

Jah blessings

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 12/13/2005 4:46:35 PM

What these Rastas were probably saying, bredren, is that the righteous never die. They forward on to Zion (heaven).

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/13/2005 4:48:54 PM

It depends on what you believe. If you believe in Heaven and/or Hell then you'll probably end up at one of those places. But I personally believe that you keep comming here until you get it right and which point you elevate to the next level, and so on and so on, well asuming that you are human. Angels however have a job to do, the job in which they were created and until it is done an angel just continues to take orders from the Most High.
Good question.

Messenger: White dread Sent: 12/13/2005 4:50:05 PM

seen
righteousness will never die

Jah is the only way

Messenger: White dread Sent: 12/13/2005 4:52:30 PM

reincarnation...I like that idee
I to believe there is a task or goal for everyone to achieve
One thing I know for sure..
Life isn't the end

Let Jah Lead the way

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/13/2005 5:28:48 PM

Psalms 6:4-5

"Turn, O Lord, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.
NO ONE REMEBERS YOU WHEN HE IS DEAD.
WHO PRAISES YOU FROM THE GRAVE?"

First off you have to stop asking "rastas". Seek what His Majesty spoke about the subject. His Majesty is the Christ who comes with the Promise of the Kingdom of Heaven, which we as Rastafarian faith is Ethiopia. Read the book of Revelations brother, you will see that a bride is being prepared for the King of kings, and that is Zion. Rastafari is re-establishing His Order on Earth and He will rule foriver Itinually with InI.

Seek you the Kingdom of Heaven,

Ethiopia Zion, Africa where the gods love to be.

Blessed

Death

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

Now, however, it has become your fate to obey the order of the great and merciful Lord, a lot that befalls each and everyone of us in our turn.

As it were, after you had accomplished what was within your bounds, you have slept, but although you depart from us physically, your works and your name will always remain among us.

On the death of Prince Makonnen:

Mortality is man's inevitable course. We must patiently accept God's resolution in giving us Makonnen, the one whom he gave us to be the ornament of our life, and recalling him.

Death changes everything, sweeps everything away. Even mistakes.

On the death of the Empress (April 3rd 1930)

"In accordance with the Proclamation which our Creator, abiding in His people, and electing us, did cause to be made, we have lived without breach of our Covenant as mother and son. Now, in that by the law and commandment of God, none that is human may avoid return to earth, Her Majesty the Empress, after a few days of sickness, has departed this life. The passing of Her Majesty the Empress is grievous for myself and for the whole of the empire. Since it is the long-standing custom that when a King, the Shepherd of his people, shall die, a King replaces him, I being upon the seat of David, to which I was betrothed, will by God's charity watch over you. Trader, trade! Farmer, plough! I shall govern you by the law and ordinance that has come, handed down from my fathers."

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/13/2005 5:41:37 PM

Actually if you read the Bible with an open mind you will come to the realization that Heaven is spoken of as a planet, not some alternate reality. Although the word heaven is also used to refer to the sky as well as in "the heavens". Opressors have often manipulated this fact into a place of salvation after death, but Jesus the Christ didn't refer to Heaven as a place only reachable by death, but rather a place one could ascend to in the flesh. In fact if you check those who entered the Kingdom of Heaven weren't actually dead when they did it. Often this ascention happened after a resurrection. Jesus the Christ stated that he was not of this planet but that he was a king of Heaven. Now everlasting paradise, I don't really know for sure if Heaven or some other place is this paradise.

Messenger: White dread Sent: 12/13/2005 5:43:16 PM

Thanx for teaching I
I've seen the light just two years ago when I was 16
With every day my strenght grows..my belief grows..
I want to thank InI for teaching me

Jah is the only way

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 12/13/2005 6:08:43 PM

As this is one of my favorite subjects to reason, I'm just gonna keep going until I finish my thinking. :-D
Personally I believe that Earth is only one plane of existance and through my research I have come to believe that it is the only physical plane, which is why angels look like humans. I believe that humans have been placed here to learn the lessons of physicality.
And although I do believe in "aliens" I don't buy a lot of the etherial crap that UFO enthusiast preach. I believe that everybody has to "graduate" Earth at some point. I have a feeling that this is the lowest plane of existance and that the flesh is ultimatly a vehicle used to navigate this plane. For instance, the human optical system is designed exactly like a camera. The human brain functions exactly like a super computer, in fact you cannot see what your brain can't analize. So in essence even though your eyes record any light particles between a certain wavelength you don't actually see anything until your brain decides what it is, which is why optical illusions work.
An interesting fact is that a hallucination is defined as anything that you see that no one else does, not an imaginary image.
For instance if you recall when Jesus the Christ was ressurected some people couldn't see him. Why you ask, because he wasn't supposed to be there. Although Jesus the Christ was not the first person to be resurrected he is still given this credit, why? Because before Jesus the Christ did it no one had resurrected themselves, there was always an angel present. However Jesus the Christ was an angel, born of a human womb (although Mary's humanity has never been question so that is only speculation).
In addition every prophet that ever was has stated that the Almighty God, the Creator of all things, cannot be seen. Now humans tend to have a limited field of understanding so they continue to praise a living God. More over no prophet ever has agreed to call themselves THE God, but rather a child of God. And if you really think about it, if THE God is in the flesh, whose watching the universe? Every major culture throughout history has actually been monotheist. They have all had one Great Spirit, followed by lesser gods. However, Islam is still regaurded as the first religion to praise one God.
Hence my insisance that we are all one, but not neccessarily equal. So as I don't have a problem with a living God, I believe we are all a part of that living God. Am I saying that His Majesty is not God, of course not. Only that He is king of Heaven, which in my opinion is the highest attainable level. And because of that, the God of man, but the God of the universe is not a man or for that matter living because in order to live you must also die.
I realize I will probably catch fyah for this but I don't mind. I'm going Heaven after I leave here. My job is finally comming to an end and it has been longer than you can possibly imagine.

Messenger: White dread Sent: 12/13/2005 7:02:49 PM

I like your thoughts..
I also think that selassie I is not god..
more as a new Jesus...teacher and leader of the people
He is devine..but not god..

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I