Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1071&start_row=1

a dumb question

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: nanahooter Sent: 11/7/2005 1:58:41 AM

I am sorry if this question seems stupid but i dont understand much of the rasta movement, as i live in hawaii where most of the rastas i have met are only considering themselves rastas because it is a fad to them...
anyway, simply put can white people be Rastas?
everywhere i look it talks about how it is considered a "black social and political movement". as stated in this article link to article
in no way is this ment to be a racist post it is just a simple question

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 11/8/2005 3:42:31 AM

a person can be rastafarI if he/she seriously wants to be. how come some say skin-color is a reason for not to love your god, who is Ithiopian Emperor Haile Sellassie I Ras TafarI ?

don't listen to babylon shit talkers! everyone can be rastafarI, but much people do not realize.

amen! thank you SELLASSIE I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/8/2005 3:47:23 AM

Give HIM your heart and He will give you a mansion in His Kingdom. Rastafari is the International God, not just Ethiopian, but worldwide the One God for all mankind. Yes He is King of the Jews, but is He not also the King of the Geniles?

Messenger: nanahooter Sent: 11/8/2005 4:13:35 AM

thank you very much for youre insight, i am very interested in the teachings of Haile Selassie I and will be reading up on this sight and seeking those who are rastas in my community (the true ones not the ones that just wear the clothes and claim to be) for guidance. again i thank you for the hasty response to my previous post

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/8/2005 11:23:04 AM

Rasta is Rasta from creation. It is not a choice (at least for me it wasn't). I didn't find out about Rasta and become Rasta. I knew I was in sinc with Jah and not babylon and then find out that those who believe what I believe and strive to live by the teachings of HIM is Rasta. Those who will follow Jah are already Rasta no matter what babylon call the I.

Also do know and iverstand that the same creator made us all.

RSK

Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 11/12/2007 7:05:56 PM

actually,Rasta was founded on quarrels with,and the disliking of white men.It was only when they were drivin out of the hills and into the ghettos of kingston and trenchtown that they decided to invite all into rastafarianism,and turn it into love all.So I would say a wolf could be rasta now,but not then,but that would be extremely rare to see a white man wanting rasts in his life in the thirties and forties.once someone truley understands the rasta way,and actually has the knowledge under their belt,it would halft to be a closed minded person not to let rasta in,no matter the rastaman then or what they represent now!

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 11/13/2007 3:39:31 PM

dirty d
I WOULDNT SAY RASTA IS FOUNDED ON QUARREL OR DISLIKING..
THE FOUNDATION OF RASTAFARI WOULD TAKE THIS WHOLE PAGE ...
NYABINGHI "DEATH TO BLACK AND WHITE OPPRESORS"
BOBO SHANTY "E.A.B.I.C" TRUE CHURCH OF SALVATION IN BLACK SUPREMECY EVEN HAS WHITE PRIESTS AND PROPHETS ...
ITS TRUE IN JAMAICA IN EARLY YEARS THERE WASNT SUCH A MIXED MULTITUDE OF PEOPLE HAILIN THE KING AND PRAISIN HIM ...
IN THIS TIME READ ISAIAH 2 V2
AND 56 V6
THIS WILL CLEAR UP QUESTIONS ON RACE AND NATIONS IN RASTAFARI MOVEMENTS

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I