Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1061&start_row=1

Women nah wear swimsuits

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black Cinderella Sent: 10/25/2005 12:45:22 PM

I've noticed that a lot of rasta women try to maintain their modesty which us great, but what about that sunny day when you want to go to the beach, what do you wear then?

Messenger: Ras Levi Seraya Sent: 10/25/2005 4:37:08 PM

Great question sista

if you observe alot of times people's belief depends on their situation, just remain true to Jah, he knows your intentions, let Holiness be your path, just remember in this society of Babylon, people react to what is seen,

Jah bless
Ras Levi Seraya

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/26/2005 11:29:08 AM

1Thes.5
[22] Abstain from all appearance of evil.

This is how I decide what to wear, how to behave, etc.

RSK

Messenger: MsRastaRules Sent: 11/2/2005 3:47:49 PM

I personally wear my bathing suit. If it is a private swim, I don't cover up. If it is a public place I put on a large T-shirt over my bathing suit. This is all okay with I King-man.

Messenger: Sistren Mentewab Sent: 11/23/2005 8:54:01 AM

Greetings! fe In'I me Sistren- a Rastawoman should cover up her body at all time, whether tis a sunny day or a cold day. Me nah compromise. A woman should show respect even when sleeping.

Kedemawe Haile Slassie!

Messenger: erbalisse Sent: 11/23/2005 7:42:02 PM

My impression was always that it was improper to be exposed in public. I did not realize it would be disrespectful to GOD to not be covered in private. I always see it as the most natural state.

Does anyone have any readings to recommend to me about this please?

Bless

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I