Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1025&start_row=21

Old testament versus old.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/21/2005 9:21:58 PM

"Was Yeshuah and Israelite or a Christian?"

Neither
He disapproved of the current religion and Christianity hadn't been invented yet.
He was whatever God is, which isn't a religion at all.
Religions promote the whorshiping of false idols, statues, symbols, preists, etc.
They also collect monies in the name of God that they do not give to God.
They promote the theory that God can be contained in a building and therefore must be visited there in order for the whorshiper to be heard.
Not to mention the theory that a conduit is needed to recieve the word of God.

Religions are more often busnisses than paths to God.
The Vatican is a city. It has it's own flag.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/21/2005 9:29:47 PM

He disapproved of the current religion and Christianity hadn't been invented yet.

yes I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/22/2005 2:50:44 AM

Messenger: Ras Levi Seraya Sent: 10/21/2005 10:54:03 AM

he didnt disprove the Law of the Old, he disproved the self rightous governing bodies, Pharisees and Sauducees who seen it better to profit in the flesh than in the spirit, the he disproved the oppresive nature of man made structures. if Yeshua wasn't a Hebrew-Israelite, he wouldn't have parcticipated in the passover, and baptism wouldnt have been seen important, but Yeshua was baptized,

Ras LevI
Holy Emmanuel I
Selassie I
Jah RastafarI

Messenger: Ras Levi Seraya Sent: 10/21/2005 11:20:05 AM

the book of Revelation is New Testament and that is being fulfilled today, and this is also what the old school Rastas use to ligitimize Ras Tafari, dont mean to irritate you bredren but any man who takes off or adds anything to word of God is condemned. Enoch belived in the Messiah, many times he made reference to the "Holy Lamb of God" and Psalms is full of prophecies of the new covenant man is to have with God, be careful of what you say blasphemy is unforgivable by Jah

i dont think the NT is false however bredren it has been seriously mistranslated, on purpose and out of ignorance of the original Arhmaic text, search for other versions of the translation and there you will find truth.

and Selassie used the bible thouroughly not just parts, read what H.I.M. has to say about the bible in his speeches on this very website

its funny how we call ourselves this and that, but deviate so far from the essence of what we claim to be. this is when one is engulfed by isms and schisms

Ras LevI
Holy Emmanuel I
Selassie I
Jah RastafarI

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/24/2005 11:41:47 AM

Give thanks, Ras Levi,

Yes I give thanks for the word sound my lord!

The original Aramaic is so important that without it one can easliy be led astray as we see before us today. For example,

The Roman Catholic church always refers to themselves as Peters desendents because Christ said, "You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church." Catholics have neglected to look at the original text and its aramaic meaning. The word Peter is greek petra, which means rock. So in Christs aramaic, He makes a play on peters name and says,

"You are kephas(rock), and upon this kephas(rock) I will build my church."

Because prior to this quote Christ asked Peter if he thought that Christ was the Messiah, and Peter said yes. Christ was excited becuase Peter didn't believe because of flesh, but rather was filled with faith. So he said that he was rock for that reason and that on that rock would be the building of His church.

Christ was the true and only fullfiller of the law. There was never anything wrong with the law, just the way it was being interpreted.

Ras Zion Isis

Messenger: Ras Levi Seraya Sent: 10/24/2005 1:32:41 PM

Jah Bless bredren,

People try to classify Yeshua and to me this is funny, because by his time, his land had already been switched around because of wars, trade, etc.therefore "race" is a very abstract way to classify Yeshua, but Jesus spoke Arhmaic as well as Hebrew, remember he grew up in Egypt in His early years, and Hebrew itself is a stem of Arhmaic, and Arhmaic is a stem of ancient African languages. another thing, the word Israelites signifies the people of God not a religion. So because Yeshua was sanctified unto God he was a Hebrew-Israelite

Ras LevI Seraya
Holy Emmaunuel I
Selassie I
Jah RastafarI

Messenger: Universal Sent: 10/24/2005 1:44:59 PM

Many books in the Bible and Koran were copied from the tombs and the Hieraglyphs(Medu Neter) the original knowledge of God, Jah, El Eloheem, Allah, or whatever you call God. We must open our mind to a new way of thinking like our ancestors once did. We traveled all around the world before slavery was even thought of. We discovered what the most high layed out first before . The first world was called the black world because by Jah's permission he gave us dominion over the earth. At some time in Hue-man history we (some of us deviated) from true essence of our devine law. We must search in depth anything we read or study/or what we believe in and or what the facts are. peace and blessings.

Hotep,Peace,Sholom Alaakum

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I