Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1020&start_row=1

Need Advice Urgently

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/16/2005 7:08:50 PM

I found a baby squirrel a little while ago. He is still nursing and obviously unable to take care o himself. His mother has either abandoned him or died. He is already very attached to me but I don't know what to do with him. He is after all a squirrel. He is healthy and clean and currently sleeping on my shirt.

Should I abandon him due to his species. Should I free him even though he may not live. I don't think the ASPCA will take care of a squirrel. I don't know if keeping a wild animal is humane or even if I want to keep a squirrel.

He is extreamly cute and very hard to not love.

Any advice from the Idren is much appreciated.

Messenger: 1_Kings_10 Sent: 9/16/2005 7:24:17 PM

You can go to the pet store and get one of those really tiny tiny baby bottle and some formula from them.. Keep the little thing warm (possibly under a heat lamp) and keep away from the cat

Jah Guide

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/16/2005 7:43:12 PM

How'd you know I have a cat?

Messenger: travistheone Sent: 9/18/2005 8:26:55 AM

greetings if the I was you then that squirrel would be around forever. squirrels are my favorite animal and if release him now there is no chance of survival. post some pictures for InI

Messenger: 1_Kings_10 Sent: 9/19/2005 6:01:38 PM

it was a joke

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/19/2005 7:11:20 PM

I know :)

Messenger: native root Sent: 9/21/2005 4:38:26 PM

take care of him/her for a few weeks or months then set him/her free in a foresty area.first get him/her used to acorns.

Messenger: Celestial Williams Sent: 10/7/2005 3:29:02 PM

Sister keeping a squirrel is very dangerous they have grems and belong wild and free. find another pet to keep you company.

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 10/8/2005 2:39:03 AM

You should definately consult some expert advice on keeping a squirel. The squirel will probobly not thrive in your care, therefore it is best to let nature take its course and to release the squirel into its native habitat once he is strong enough to fend for himself. Don't forget to observe the seasons. Selassie ~

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I