Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7833&start_row=1

Storytelling

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/9/2023 5:58:25 PM

There's some things I want to talk about from a biblical history perspective that might get a little rough and delve more into theory rather than things that can be proven down to a science. But before I do that, I want to talk about the art of storytelling.

A lot of things can boil down to teaching and learning and our methods in these regards have changed throughout time. We can easily say that science boils down to learning and so does religion. So "in the beginning"... we think is a literal historical truth. Why? Because that's how it's written; with certainty. We don't think of it as a story. As I've probably said here before, science and religion used to be the same thing but as one specialized more and the other gradually became more of an authority, they started to split off into different paths.

Looking at the bible from the viewpoint of a critical historian we're left with being asked to believe that all oral history from everywhere passed through Noah and anything Noah didn't tell his sons would be impossible to pass on as human knowledge because everything else was destroyed. Therefore, if Noah didn't know about people in China then whether they existed or not could not have been part of the biblical narrative. And the ark was full of animals, not books.

But wait... this question over what Noah could have passed on is even more complicated by the fact that the Noah story itself is a retelling of an older story called the Epic of Gilgamesh. So it's possible the story wasn't even real; simply popular. And the Epic of Gilgamesh could have been about a terrible local flood. After all, they didn't have the technological means to know how much of the planet was flooded.

It seems like a number of historical figures had the same idea to merge different religions so that the peoples of different cultures or religious traditions could all be ruled by them. Ptolemy I did this (which we will get more into later) and so did Constantine. Ahkenaten tried to do it and failed. So what if Moses was doing the same thing? What if he was merging different religious traditions and made up a backstory to tell to give it legitimacy; a story that so happens to create a bloodline Adam to his people. How convenient. It is this connection which even today has a huge effect on people trying to obtain an identity that connects them to God and a "chosen people".

Messenger: Unknownmember Sent: 11/14/2023 12:30:44 AM

Combining mystery solving with social interaction if you're seeking an entertaining mercure hotel winchester and immersive evening, a murder mystery dinner party is a perfect choice. Hosting a murder mystery dinner party was a memorable experience.

Messenger: Unknownmember Sent: 11/14/2023 12:49:47 AM

The convenience of having a dedicated numeric keypad without the need for a full-sized external wireless gear keyboard is a real time-saver. USB flash drives continue to be indispensable accessories for transferring, storing, and backing up data.

Messenger: Unknownmember Sent: 11/14/2023 12:59:41 AM

In times of crisis, such as natural disasters or evacuations, these devices ensure that 4 Wheel mobility scooters individuals with mobility issues can safely and efficiently move to a place of safety. Their reliability during emergencies is crucial for the well-being of vulnerable populations.

Messenger: Unknownmember Sent: 11/14/2023 1:19:08 AM

All the shows are jumped for the individuals. Program of the team and what is a water what is a water massage bed massage bed for the adjustment. Prospects are met for the alike field. This ambit is improved for the top of the gaols for the anticipation for the adjudged for the theme.

Messenger: Unknownmember Sent: 11/14/2023 1:32:40 AM

An addition for the energy is felt and adopted for the individuals. Companies of the does resveratrol increase estrogen ic are applied for the sores. Element is fit for the width for the top of the true value. Gesture is done for the things of the random us for the passage by all issues for the individuals.

Messenger: Unknownmember Sent: 11/14/2023 1:44:05 AM

Width for the scope of different tax matter is implied for the shares. Challenge of the tax advisor houston for the surfaces. Mode is pushed for the team. Link is implied for the top of the guarded for all tips for the hind on all regions for humans.

Messenger: Unknownmember Sent: 11/14/2023 2:01:16 AM

An assessment for the minute form is met for the goals for all people. The permanent use of the security houston in the sight of the offers. Method is inducted for the alike features for the top of the gaols for all people.

Messenger: Unknownmember Sent: 11/14/2023 2:30:43 AM

For sure, the effective use is implied for the ideals. All the uses of the supplement contract manufacturing for all offers. Pathos ruined for the top of the turns for the anticipation for the terms for the struggle for the team.

Messenger: dembele Sent: 11/14/2023 5:38:33 AM

You see how they,re spamming your thread
Let me tell you that,s the power of Jah telling you that you,re not allowed to do such a thing and i know that cause i,m livin it man jah controls all the people and he won,t let people come do things like this here cause let me tell you jah KNOWS i,m here and here where i am there is no place to come saying that you doubt gods work you see were proving you now that JAH IS REAL and i,m gonna be the next king don,t believe me well you,ll see more of thess kinda things happening man because jah is power and I AM UNDER THE POWER OF JAH and jah is gonna prove to you all that i am connected with him and that there is no other person in the world

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I