Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7812&start_row=1

"Ouroboros Steak" aka self cannibalism

Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/7/2023 1:56:52 PM

Greetings beloveds

I just came across this randomly and I am in shock, has anyone heard of this? Is this a real thing? It seems to be from what I am reading...

Ouroboros is the ancient imagery of a snake eating itself. This is where the name comes from. Yep, steak made from your own cells.

"Ouroborous Steak by Ouroborous

The idea is the brainchild of Andrew Pelling, Grace Knight, and Orkan Telhan. It first appeared at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Human cell-based meat is meant to be a critique on the environmental protection arguments of the broader cell-based meat industry.

Cell-based/cultivated/lab-grown/in vitro/clean meat has been screaming to the peak of the alt-meat market. Its creation was quick, monumental and well-documented. And it's not impossible to understand why you're not destroying an animal practically, and, apparently, it's far safer for the climate.

According to a Metro report, The Ouroborous Steak is named after the Egyptian symbol of a snake swallowing its own tail.

The "human steak" was created based on the experts' study to ask the cultured meat industry a query that has long relied on a liquid known as fetal bovine serum (FBS), which is a protein-rich growth liquid used for cell cultures and obtained from calf fetus blood.

Since slaughtering their pregnant mothers for the meat industry, FBS is acquired from the fetuses, and it can cost up to more than $900 per liter.

For a long time, the cultured meat sector has been in a tense position, with several academics criticizing it for apparently encouraging environmentally destructive industries, with critics pointing to their usage of FBS.

A Frontiers study indicated it could be more climate-friendly. But before making any predictions regarding the longer-term consequences, there is a long way to go.

The Debate Around Lab-Grown Meat

Andrew Pelling, a scientist and creator of the Ouroboros Steak, said in an interview with Dezeen that fetal bovine serum costs significant amounts of money and animals' lives. Although some lab-grown meat companies claim to have solved this problem, no independent, peer-reviewed, scientific studies have validated these claims to our knowledge.

The Ouroboros Steak may be grown from the cells within your cheeks that are scraped. But the ones on the show are created from tissues purchased from the American Tissue Culture Stock, then fed with a serum made from old donated blood-growing without needing FBS.

"Growing yourself ensures that you and your loved ones always know the origin of your food, how it has been raised and that its cells were acquired ethically and consensually," a website for the imagined product states.

The human steak is a thought-provoking piece of art discovered at present in the showcase of the Beazley Designs of the Year. But it is also true beef that can be consumed.

Your Human DIY Steak Soon

Soon enough, the people behind the project want the public to engage in growing their own Ouroboros steak with a DIY pack, with tissue they can take from their own cheek, and then creating them using mushroom mycelium scaffolds. According to the guidelines for producing these human steaks, they need to be kept in a warm position for three months until they can be completely developed and ready for consumption.

So if you eat anything that's made up of your own body and dried human food, is it cannibalism? Many would believe so, but it's not, obviously. Grace Knight, an architectural designer who helped with the project, said the project is legally not cannibalism. Expired human blood is healthier and more economical than FBS, but less tolerated as it is known in the medical system to be waste material.

Lab-grown meats are not licensed for human consumption as of yet."

Source: Is This Lab-Made Ouroboros Steak Ethical To Eat? Experts Says Yes- Tiziana Celine Nov 20, 2020

Being that this article is over 2 years old, and no more recent news has come out about it, I am guessing this has not come to the public YET, probably because there was huge public disgust, but just the existence of this at all is just nauseating.

What really gets me is that people want to bring this up as an alternative to eating animal meat or lab-created animal meat. The clear alternative to eating animal meat is TO EAT PLANTS. The suggestion to eat human cell grown meat seems like something much different, it's like another encouragement along that cannibalism road.

I think I posted several years ago about the museum exhibit about cannibalism, showing like which parts of the human are analogous to which meat cuttings, it was a whole advertisement I saw in an airport, I never went to the museum about it.

Then there's the whole "spirit cooking" thing and the parties celebrities have where they eat cakes shaped like humans (I am guessing they "sneak" some human ingredients in there too and probably lie about it).

It seems to me that the cannibalism movement is just trying to gain some traction.
Why?
To further the spiritual degradation of humanity?
That seems like the only reason to me.

Ital is vital! Everytime

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I