Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7757&start_row=71

We don't come from evolution but we come from Creation

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/24/2023 2:46:58 PM

WHAT ARE THE FOUR YUGAS (AGES)?
YUGA in Hindu philosophy is name of ‘ERA’ within a cycle of four ages. These are SATYA YUG, TRETA YUG, DVAAPAR YUG and KALI YUG. The detailed information about each ERA is as follows.

[1] SATYA YUG (GOLDEN AGE)
TOTAL AGE OF ERA - 17,28,000 years
AVERAGE HUMAN LIFE SPAN - 100,000 years
HEIGHT OF HUMAN BEINGS - 32 feet (approx.) [21 hands]
BIRTH & DEATH CYCLES - 8
SATYA YUG PILGRIMAGE - Pushkar
PERCENTAGE OF EVIL - 0%
MAIN INCARNATIONS - Matsya, Varah, Narsingh
CURRENCY - All jewels
POTS MADE OF - Gold

[2] TRETA YUG (SILVER AGE)
TOTAL AGE OF ERA - 12,96,000 years
AVERAGE HUMAN LIFE SPAN - 10,000 years
HEIGHT OF HUMAN BEINGS - 21 feet (approx.) [14 hands]
BIRTH & DEATH CYCLES -12
TRETA YUG PILGRIMAGE - naimisharanya
PERCENTAGE OF EVIL- 25%
MAIN INCARNATIONS - Vaaman, Parshuram, Ram
CURRENCY - Gold
POTS MADE OF – Silver

[3] DVAPAR YUG (BRONZE AGE)
TOTAL AGE OF ERA - 8,64 ,000 years
AVERAGE HUMAN LIFE SPAN - 1,000 years
HEIGHT OF HUMAN BEINGS -11 feet (approx.) [7 hands]
BIRTH & DEATH CYCLES - 21
DVAPAR YUG PILGRIMAGE - Kurukshetra
PERCENTAGE OF EVIL- 50%
MAIN INCARNATIONS - Krishna, Buddha
CURRENCY - Silver
POTS MADE OF - Copper

[4] KALI YUG (IRON AGE)
TOTAL AGE OF ERA - 4,32 ,000 years
AVERAGE HUMAN LIFE SPAN - 100 years
HEIGHT OF HUMAN BEINGS - 5.5 feet (approx.) [3.5 hands]
BIRTH & DEATH CYCLES - 42
TRETA YUG PILGRIMAGE - Ganga
PERCENTAGE OF EVIL - 75%
MAIN INCARNATIONS - Kalki will take birth at the end of kali yug
CURRENCY - Iron
POTS MADE OF – Soil

What are the four yugas? - Quora
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-four-yugas

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/24/2023 2:47:48 PM

THE SECOND BOOK OF ESDRAS
CHAPTER 6
40 Then said he unto me, Like as thou canst do none of these things that I have spoken of, even so canst thou not find out my judgment, or in the end the love that I have promised unto my people.
41 And I said, Behold, O Lord, yet art thou nigh unto them that be reserved till the end: and what shall
they do that have been before me, or we that be now, or they that shall come after us?
42 And he said unto me, I will liken my judgment unto a ring: like as there is no slackness of the last, even so there is no swiftness of the first.
43 So I answered and said, Couldest thou not make those that have been made, and be now, and that are for to come, at once; that thou mightiest shew thy judgment the sooner?
44 Then answered he me, and said, The creature may not haste above the maker; neither may the world hold them at once that shall be created therein.
45 And I said, As thou hast said unto thy servant, that thou, which givest life to all, hast given life at once to the creature that thou hast created, and the creature bare it: even so it might now also bear them that now be present at once.
46 And he said unto me, Ask the womb of a woman, and say unto her, If thou bringest forth children, why dost thou it not together, but one after another? pray her therefore to bring forth ten children at once.
47 And I said, She cannot: but must do it by distance of time.
48 Then said he unto me, Even so have I given the womb of the earth to those that be sown in it in their times.
49 For like as a young child may not bring forth the things that belong to the aged, even so have I disposed the world which I created.
50 And I asked, and said, Seeing thou hast now given me the way, I will proceed to speak before thee: for our mother, of whom thou hast told me that she is young, draweth now nigh unto age.
51 He answered me, and said, Ask a woman that beareth children, and she shall tell thee.
52 Say unto her, Wherefore are unto they whom thou hast now brought forth like those that were before, but less of stature?
53 And she shall answer thee, They that be born in the the strength of youth are of one fashion, and they that are born in the time of age, when the womb faileth, are otherwise.
54 Consider thou therefore also, how that ye are less of stature than those that were before you.
55 And so are they that come after you less than ye, as the creatures which now begin to be old, and have passed over the strength of youth.
56 Then said I, Lord, I beseech thee, if I have found favour in thy sight, shew thy servant by whom
thou visitest thy creature.

CHAPTER 6
1 And he said unto me, In the beginning, when the earth was made, before the borders of the world stood, or ever the winds blew,
2 Before it thundered and lightened, or ever the foundations of paradise were laid,
3 Before the fair flowers were seen, or ever the moveable powers were established, before the innumerable multitude of angels were gathered together,
4 Or ever the heights of the air were lifted up, before the measures of the firmament were named, or ever the chimneys in Sion were hot,
5 And ere the present years were sought out, and or ever the inventions of them that now sin were
turned, before they were sealed that have gathered faith for a treasure:
6 Then did I consider these things, and they all were made through me alone, and through none other: by me also they shall be ended, and by none other.
7 Then answered I and said, What shall be the parting asunder of the times? or when shall be the end of the first, and the beginning of it that followeth?
8 And he said unto me, From Abraham unto Isaac, when Jacob and Esau were born of him, Jacob's hand
held first the heel of Esau.
9 For Esau is the end of the world, and Jacob is the beginning of it that followeth.
10 The hand of man is betwixt the heel and the hand: other question, Esdras, ask thou not.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/24/2023 5:14:27 PM

RastafariWork, does the I know or has the I ever seen the teachings that the yugas are cyclical? Or that the yuga cycles are related to our proximity to our solar system's 2nd star, and how our solar system is actually a binary star system and not a single star system? I'm saying this to suggest the possibility that we live in a cyclical existence, not a purely linear existence, not a constantly degrading existence but one where circumstances ebb and flow.

To suggest that our existence is constantly degrading and not evolving is to ignore facts such as: humanity's average height increasing since a couple hundred years ago; the average lifespan increasing since a couple hundred years ago; the advent of new technologies which improve lives; mental progression and spiritual advancement (we no longer are living in the inquisition or the witch trials); just to name a few. As IPX Ninja pointed out, the state of lives which Black Americans live has increased since the times of chattel slavery (even though yes we all know that mental slavery still exists, we cannot deny that it is progress not to have whipping and raping Black people with impunity).

I am definitely for Creation, for intelligent creation. I see enough design in our existence to suggest to me that it was not accidental but by intelligent design. I just think it's intentionally ignoring blatant facts to say that nothing has evolved/gotten better/changed in a physical or mental sense since that time. It is not outside the ability of a Creator to set up a universe in which things can evolve. To say that it is impossible is to put limitations on the Almighty, a divinity which is purported to be unlimited.

So again I say, it can be both.
Be unconvinced if you wish though. It is of no consequence to me whether anyone else believes in creation or evolution or a mix of both.

I am just pointing out that the very logic you use to say our Yuga is devolved from the Satya Yuga is flawed in the sense that yugas are taught to be cyclical.

Rastafari Love
Selah say I

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 3/1/2023 6:15:02 PM

Cycles themselves are a pattern.

All patterns are designs.

Patterns can develop by the behavior of the thing involved and the forces of nature (physics) acting upon that thing.

Let me cite 2 examples.

1. Snow flakes

Will someone argue that every snow flake had to be designed by someone? No. You can watch a snowflake forming.

https://geology.com/articles/snowflakes/

Once you understand how these shapes can form on their own what you see is that they are created by forces... aka... "powers". These powers were called gods by the first priests who studied nature.

So to say they are created by "God" isn't completely false. The problem is that our understanding of what "God" literally means has shifted over time because of corruption.

2. Fibonnaci Sequence

There is nothing not awesome and awe-inspiring about this. But when we demystify something, we're not trying to strip it from its greatness but simply understand how it can be.

The bottom line is that natural forces aren't random. If a force is moving the planet in a pattern and gravity of the moon is pulling the tides... and the sun is moving across the sky so the plants have to be able to position themselves to get that energy... all these things become relevant to the size and shape of everything in nature.

These forces order atoms and molecules. But the attraction or repulsion between positive and negatively charged ions is not the work of a intelligent being but rather the mating habits of matter itself. Yes, the same way that we as humans are attracted to each other because of our genetic differences is the same way that matter on a basic level of existence is attracted. And because its not random, the same attraction happens constantly, creating formations... leading to 3 dimensional shapes. You can grow crystals in your refrigerator to see this happen.

To a scientific mind these things are wonders worth studying and dedicating ones whole life in the pursuit of more knowledge. And that's why we have science. Because the natural world around us is so amazing that we want to understand it. But the more we understand it the more it conflicts with things we assumed were true. And that's okay. We're human. We need to allow ourselves to not know everything so that we can learn more. Design itself isn't magic. It's science.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/17/2023 11:28:32 PM

Today many think they live in the epitome of civilization, science, knowledge, etc, and that we have advances so much. So they reason that prophets such as Noah, and the ark story are false, yet cannot see the truth. Simply because the canal mind cannot reason with higher knowledge. yet they are wrong."

I agree
Even though the last part of the statement is somewhat directed at I, the shoe fit and il wear it but that’s not the reason I site Noah as fairytale, but the initial part of the statement 100%
Knowledge of self is at an all time low and cultural infiltration and amalgamation in play. The Maafa as a whole know themselves less in 2023 than when taken into bondage. Don’t let the spoils of Babylon skew things

Very interesting discussion in here otherwise
Respect

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 3/19/2023 12:41:27 PM

-Psalm 100-
-A Song of Praise for the Lord’s Faithfulness to His People-
-A Psalm of Thanksgiving-

Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness; come before His presence with singing.

Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His Name.

For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 3/19/2023 12:51:04 PM

"Today many think they live in the epitome of civilization, science, knowledge, etc, and that we have advanced so much. So they reason that prophets such as Noah, and the ark story are false, yet cannot see the truth. Simply because the canal mind cannot reason with higher knowledge. yet they are wrong."

"I agree
Even though the last part of the statement is somewhat directed at I, the shoe fit and il wear it but that’s not the reason I site Noah as fairytale, but the initial part of the statement 100%"

The last part of the statement is not directed to any 1 in particular,
but all will be found when the search is over.

Jah never fail I yet

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I