Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7744&start_row=1

Goodbye to a dear brother

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/22/2022 10:34:30 PM

In extreme grief I write to let everyone who knew him here on the forum as Ras Nazir know that our brother has departed this life.

I think all who knew him would say he was truly a beautiful soul who loved people and loved learning, who loved nature and had a lot to teach us all, and we wish he had not gone so soon.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/29/2022 2:46:01 AM

Blessed Love and Streng to Mumma Nazir and his family. I did enjoy reasoning with the bredda...them time when the forum had a chatroom. We did reason over matters of ital, herb,self sustainable living family matters and so A well balanced conscious positive ibration in the physical plane

Sad news
Yet and still nothing really ever dies

Haile I

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/31/2022 5:07:02 PM

Yes Iyah

I am confused why my original post about I Idren disappeared.

It's true though nothing ever really dies and give thankhs for all the memories of great reasonings, great times, of I bredren teaching I so many things. Tearful smile when I think about Ras Nazir because truly the memories are so good I just wish I could have more time and hear his voice again.

So while nothing ever really dies and he is not really gone, it does feel like a loss still.

But I think his spirit is pushing me to keep driving on and find happiness, I think that is really what he wants, so maybe it is better not to mourn him but to remember him fondly.

JAH Love Garveys Africa, give Ises for the reply
Selah

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/6/2022 3:55:47 PM

The Blessed Lord said: While speaking learned words, you are mourning for what is not worthy of grief. Those who are wise lament neither for the living nor the dead. - Bhagavad Gita

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/9/2022 5:54:22 PM

Greetings and Love Eleazar Iyah
Are these words of Krishna?
I can see in the "no attachment" line of thought why that would be true, to mourn neither the dead or the living.
Yet, if we look at the impact that it makes on people who lose a person they love, especially in an unexpected way, anyone with compassion will see that their grief is valid, and instead of simply saying "don't grieve", will try to help them move through the grief and into healing. In as much as possible. Because of course no one can solve anyone else's problems.
I think it's true we can't grieve forever, yet going through the process of grief is normal and has to be worked through, like slogging through a thick marsh, knee-high in mud, it's something you have to trudge through and just make it to the other side alive.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I