Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7659&start_row=21

The Simulation Hypothesis

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/29/2022 4:56:09 PM

seestem: I don't know about this one Idren, knowledge does not automatically
imply divinity.

Correct. Humans imply divinity. The concept is created and defined by us as a means of showing respect. For us to respect an AI in such a way it would have to acquire power or do great deeds.

seestem: This reminds InI of the Turing Test, Google is indistinguishable from a human and

Yes, the Turing test is currently only applicable to AI in film because right now we only have precursors to real consciousness. You can believe me when I say that ever since I was a young programmer I have always been skeptical that computer intelligence would ever be possible. But now? Now I believe it is inevitable thanks to all these algorithms where they 'output' basically feeds back into the 'input' in a way that allows the program to 'learn'. If it can also sort out what it learns and then decide from that what to learn next... I think that'll be the birth of true AI. Have you ever seen the AI walking simulations? It's getting there. Plus, you have to consider the fact that we're learning based on having 5 senses. Most AI are only really given 1.

seestem: There is only one God and that is Haile Selassie I alongside Empress
Menen I, divine union of Iration, yes I Rastafari is the head creator.

Different people have different understandings of what "God", as a title given by humans, means. For me, "God" is simply the English translation of the Hebrew world 'EL' which means power. And therefore, according to the bible kings and judges were also "gods" because they had power/authority. Howver, when I think of Elohim I think of "Cosmic Energy". So I'm a little more 'primordial' in my definition.

seestem: is it possible to be conscious
without any references (memory, thoughts) not even time (past,
future) can computers reach this level of awareness, simply being,
with no attachments.

Yes, the ability to make memories is a function of the brain. If the brain is damaged a person can lose their memories or struggle to create short term memories or struggle to recall long term memories. I see consciousness as the energy moving aross aa medium, kind of like the way electricity moves through a computer allowing it to take on the functions and ability of the hardware and software it moves through. Energy by itself is just energy. But energy changing its frequency/vibration, becoming matter... that's where the fun begins.

seestem: Can computers truly taste bliss that comes from just being aware?

In my opinion? Yes. Honestly? This is why a lot of people use recreational drugs. Chemistry is part of the programming language of the physical body. The brain processes signals from it. Hormones and chemicals can 100% change your mood. I can aumgent myself to some extent just by drinking a Bang. Honestly not sure if its the creatine or the caffiene. When we experience love and happiness we're basically triggering our hormones to produce chemicals so if you can get those chemicals a different way... then yeah... but it's kind of like hacking a computer. Yes, you can hack your brain. That doesn't mean you should.

seestem: Time is a concept of the mind, to map the states of consciousness/experience, the past is dead and gone, the future is not yet here only now exist, experiencing now. InI minds try to fragment creation because of Ego, time is arbitrary.

yes, time is relative.
seestem: I don't know about this one Idren, knowledge does not automatically
imply divinity.

Correct. Humans imply divinity. The concept is created and defined by us as a means of showing respect. For us to respect an AI in such a way it would have to acquire power or do great deeds.

seestem: This reminds InI of the Turing Test, Google is indistinguishable from a human and

Yes, the Turing test is currently only applicable to AI in film because right now we only have precursors to real consciousness. You can believe me when I say that ever since I was a young programmer I have always been skeptical that computer intelligence would ever be possible. But now? Now I believe it is inevitable thanks to all these algorithms where they 'output' basically feeds back into the 'input' in a way that allows the program to 'learn'. If it can also sort out what it learns and then decide from that what to learn next... I think that'll be the birth of true AI. Have you ever seen the AI walking simulations? It's getting there. Plus, you have to consider the fact that we're learning based on having 5 senses. Most AI are only really given 1.

seestem: There is only one God and that is Haile Selassie I alongside Empress
Menen I, divine union of Iration, yes I Rastafari is the head creator.

Different people have different understandings of what "God", as a title given by humans, means. For me, "God" is simply the English translation of the Hebrew world 'EL' which means power. And therefore, according to the bible kings and judges were also "gods" because they had power/authority. However, when I think of Elohim I think of "Cosmic Energy". So I'm a little more 'primordial' in my definition.

seestem: is it possible to be conscious
without any references (memory, thoughts) not even time (past,
future) can computers reach this level of awareness, simply being,
with no attachments.

Yes, the ability to make memories is a function of the brain. If the brain is damaged a person can lose their memories or struggle to create short-term memories or struggle to recall long-term memories. I see consciousness as the energy moving across a medium, kind of like the way electricity moves through a computer allowing it to take on the functions and ability of the hardware and software it moves through. Energy by itself is just energy. But energy changing its frequency/vibration, becoming matter... that's where the fun begins.

seestem: Can computers truly taste bliss that comes from just being aware?

In my opinion? Yes. Honestly? This is why a lot of people use recreational drugs. Chemistry is part of the programming language of the physical body. The brain processes signals from it. Hormones and chemicals can 100% change your mood. I can augment myself to some extent just by drinking a Bang. Honestly not sure if it's the creatine or the caffeine. When we experience love and happiness we're basically triggering our hormones to produce chemicals so if you can get those chemicals a different way... then yeah... but it's kind of like hacking a computer. Yes, you can hack your brain. That doesn't mean you should.

seestem: Time is a concept of the mind, to map the states of consciousness/experience, the past is dead and gone, the future is not yet here only now exist, experiencing now. InI minds try to fragment creation because of Ego, time is arbitrary.

yes, time is definitely relative.

Messenger: seestem Sent: 4/30/2022 1:45:09 PM

@IPXninja InI giv thanks for digging deeper still! InI will respond to the above post soon, very interesting and subtle stuff.

But check this out, InI feeling pessimistic right now about centralization of the net:

"I love Twitter. Twitter is the closest thing we have to a global consciousness." -- Jack Dorsey, Apr 25, 2022

Messenger: seestem Sent: 4/30/2022 4:18:20 PM

InI would just like to say that @IPXninja @cedric InI wish InI could reason face to face for hours with some good herbs, and let iron sharpen iron. InI have learned much from this thread. RastafarI blessings and love.

"Don't let your consciousness get stuck"

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I