Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7655&start_row=1

The Slap

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/1/2022 5:02:07 PM

We probably shouldn't talk about this but it is hard to resist.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/2/2022 1:19:41 AM

It hard to see such a prominent black man in pain. Mek him reach the therapeutic process he needs Jah

Haile Selassie I I Salvation I Mental Strength and I Confidence.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 4/4/2022 6:13:04 AM

This man is funny he can stand surely tolerate other people sleeping with his wife but he can't stand someone joking about her? The problem with baldheads

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/4/2022 9:51:20 AM

Let me preface this by saying I am not blaming anyone.

A lot of people are using Jada sleeping with August as some kind of red herring in this debate but Will and Jada were separated at the time. Understandably, a lot of people who haven't been in this position may not understand the rules and relationship parameters in play. But in their Red Table talk, Will and Jada talked about her "entanglement" and they both agreed that they had no secrets and that he believed their relationship was over and done with. There is always a chance that a couple that is separated can get back together. However, many couples who separate either get divorced or stay separated in order to avoid the cost and penalties of a legal divorce. So the point is that Will and Jada BOTH had other sexual relationships during that period of time because they were not actually together.

and BCIF, since I know you are a man of the bible, which I respect about you, you know that the biblical standard of divorce is "putting the wife away". In other words, biblically speaking the separation IS the divorce. And Yeshua was against the way in which men were exploiting the law and putting away their wives after they got older and upgrading to younger prettier models. In his government, he was toying with the idea that divorce wouldn't be allowed. Now, at the same time, BCIF, you also know that men in these times were allowed to have multiple wives. And according to law, if you added a wife it could not come at the cost of previous wives; at least in terms of household economics. So what these men were doing was having multiple wives but exploiting the law to "separate" from wives they no longer wanted while adding new ones; like a trading card game.

I think we can all agree that this is wrong.

Will has said that his divorce from his first wife was the "worst thing to happen in his adult life". So it is understandable that they would separate first. During the now-infamous red table talk, the couple talked about where they were in their marriage and how they were able to heal during their separation. So even though many other people seem to have a problem with Jada's relationship with someone else, Will Smith did not have a problem with it because they had already agreed to separate and figure out how to make themselves happy during that period.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 4/4/2022 2:06:52 PM

Jesus says whoever puts his wife away has commited adultery. So the prophets who came before Jesus had this wisdom, they did not unlawfully put away their wives but held fast to kingciples and order precepts in the household. The prophets were the ones who usually warned people of adulteries and death traps, like when Nathan warned King David after robbing his captain's wife

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/4/2022 5:01:53 PM

Well, yes, it was the prophets' job to guide the people back on the path of righteousness and they weren't blind to the way people were exploiting the law. We have to keep in mind that this was a religious society; meaning the real power resided with the religious leaders more so than the king. If David was corrupt he was not the highest authority because ultimately the prophet could come along and pick someone else. That's exactly what happened to Saul. And we see how the power went to Saul's head. It is a very corrupting influence. It also went to David's head.

Note: I think it might be a good practice for us to meditate on being kings and try to imagine ways in which we would be tempted to use/abuse our power. Just as a thought experiment.

But I do want to make sure we're not taking Yeshua's words out of context. Because...

Matthew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

When he said this... (and keep in mind that adding the verse numbers was not how the bible was originally written) he wasn't saying that lusting after ANY woman is adultery. It is only adultery if you lust after someone's wife/fiance OR if you are already married.

Matthew 5:32
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Note, Yeshua does give a person a valid reason to divorce and that's fornication. But this isn't what men were doing. Their women were faithful. But their heads were getting turned by younger women. Keep in mind it was common for much older men to marry girls in their early to late teens or basically make a deal with their parents around that age so that she is then "promised" or "engaged" and then maybe when she's a little older that's when the man would take her into his house and consummate the marriage.

But at the moment the man looked at a young girl, to want her, if he was already married, then Yeshua is saying that the adultery has already happened and the man is going to play the rest out because that's what he intended to do. So even if he lies and says "she cheated" Yeshua is saying that he should not be trusted if he already has his eye on someone else. Feel me?

But again, in this situation with Will and Jada, both of them have told the public that they have no secrets from each other and there was never any cheating. And that basically means that anything that happened was with the other's consent. People often judge Jada but she comes from a family that has different "customs" and "traditions" when it comes to marriage and this opens the door to open marriage.

And just like heterosexuals are often "triggered" by homosexuals even though their life doesn't change ours, traditional marriage, as we know it today, is mainly influenced by Europeans. In the bible, multiple wives and concubines were not illegal or abnormal among those of greater wealth. But the idea that Jada had sex with another man is just intolerable to many people. And I get it. I sympathize. I have been cheated on before too. But once I was separated I no longer saw it as cheating because at that point we were not together. And that's why Will didn't see it as cheating.

So unless Jada had some other entanglement we don't know about that caused Will to want to separate from her PRIOR to her meeting August, then I would have to say she's innocent. But that is an IF that is between her and Will. But that's not why Chris Rock got slapped.

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 4/4/2022 5:29:12 PM

first of all. why is this babylon Bullshit even relevant on this forum.

secondly. will smith is a icon of babylon society.
babylon breeds and breaths folly and bad humor.
something will smiith is no stranger to.

It is all one big smelly shit.

Who cares,
this guy seems to be above the law.
WHo can smack/slap physically assault someone in front of millions.
And get away with it.

yeah chris rock? didnt want to file sue.

why?
How one man has so much power that the whole world stops and talks about 1 action he did.. EVEN on this RASTA forum. still somehow it is relevant?

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 4/5/2022 1:35:22 AM

Babylon dem confused. Whole heap a confusion.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/5/2022 5:39:46 AM

Will Smith, the fresh prince, as the brand, is and will always be a hero figure and role model to young black males of a certain generation, globally.

You can say babylon was behind that or is behind that etc but the fact remains for I.

This ting only filled I with sadness.
Sadness I

(iPx is right. Chris deserved a box for making white people run nigga joke around him like ah nuttn, from longtime)🔥;

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 4/5/2022 10:39:17 AM

If you watched the video carefully, Will Smith also laughed when Chris Rock joked, Jada was openly offended but Will Smith caught in on the pain quite later, when he stood up to go and defend his wife. What made him react like this?

Was it the sight of his wife's agony that disturbed him and caused his erratic behaviour? The fact is that Will Smith also laughed at the joke and there are only two possibilities here.

1. Will Smith knew it was a joke and laughed along but didn't quite realise how much his wife was hurt until he saw that Jada was not laughing along but had quite a different reaction and it stressed/pained him.

2. Will Smith did not know catch in on the joke until quite later, when it weighed upon him that it was a roast.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I