Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7630&start_row=1

HIM Haile Selassie I Say

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Cedric Sent: 2/24/2022 1:10:12 PM

Blessed Love Idren

- As a result of man's technological and scientific advancement, our world has undergone tremendous and unprecedented change. Distant worlds have been brought closer and mysteries have been unfolded. All these achievements should have brought satisfaction to mankind. However, man among other things, has used these great achievements to evil ends by producing and accumulating weapons of mass destruction which are already in the possession of a number of countries. The desire of states to impose their social and economic systems on others had resulted in the ever-increasing stockpile of deadly weapons. But happily the realization that such a state of affairs is incompatible with the needs of our time has led, of late, all leaders and all men of goodwill to determine to live in peace and to coexist in spite of the ideological, social, and economic differences existing in the world.
In turn this situation has greatly relieved the anxiety of the world from the fear of the disaster that would otherwise have befallen mankind as a result of a nuclear warfare. It is, therefore, the sacred duty of all to take advantage of the present general detente and to strive to bring about enduring peace so that we may spare ourselves the condemnation of posterity and history. The basic needs of men everywhere are the same. There is no one anywhere in the world who does not cherish the hope of having his standard of living raised. Likewise, it is the fervent desire of most governments to satisfy the material needs and to elevate the standard of living of their people. For any state or individual to limit its endeavors to satisfy its selfish desire, in this age of interdependence, is to live outside the realm of reality. The era of such isolated existence is long past. Instead men have started to think in terms of their fellow men, their country and the world community. All must strive unceasingly to further these simple and yet fundamental principles and ideals so that there shall be a better tomorrow for generations to come. -
HIM Haile Selassie I, December 6th, 1966

Selah

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 2/25/2022 11:30:02 AM

Blessed Love

- Educated for war you must strive to preserve peace. Warfare never had made and can never make an affirmative contribution to the welfare of mankind; good cannot grow out of evil. Ethiopia has, during the lifetime of almost all here present, been visited by the horrors of modern warfare, and the memories and scars which it left upon Our country are vivid and visible for all to see. But, as terrible as the war was, many hundredfold worse would be warfare at this time; indeed warfare today would threaten the very existence of mankind.
Were it possible effectively to outlaw war, no right­ thinking person would hesitate even for a moment in doing so. If it is not possible to do so today, it is only because mankind, despite the lessons of history, has not yet learned to settle disputes among peoples and nations by peaceful means. This also must be your task and your goal in your future careers. -
HIM Haile Selassie I, October 3rd, 1960

Selah

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 2/27/2022 12:57:20 PM

Blessed Love Idren

- At this crucial moment, when the spark of any local conflict can be borne on the wind to light a world holocaust capable of destroying the lives and hopes of millions upon millions of innocent men and women, the efforts of each one of us must be redoubled to guard against such a catastrophe. -
HIM Haile Selassie I, October 12th, 1965

Selah

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/14/2022 12:01:02 PM

Blessed Love Idren

-We repeat that non­-alignment is in no way anti­-Eastern or anti­-Western, any more than it is anti-­Northern or anti­-Southern. It is neither anti­- nor pro­- in any absolute fashion. It is largely affirmative, not negative. It is for peace and freedom. It is for a decent standard of living for all men. It is for the right of the people of any nation to adopt that economic and political system which the majority of them freely elect to follow. It is for the right of men and nations freely to take their stand on the great issues of the day, as their consciences and their sense of right and justice – and these alone – dictate.-
HIM Haile Selassie I, July 21st, 1964

Selah

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/16/2022 4:09:14 AM

So what do you say about this?

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/16/2022 9:59:56 AM

Its not about what I man say, its about what HIM Haile Selassie I says

If I man were to comment I would say read the words of HIM Haile Selassie I and live right

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I