Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7629&start_row=11

Prayer for Peace

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/16/2022 8:32:21 PM

MELCHEZIDEK, why do you keep assuming and putting words in I mouth? I never said that I think I live in a democracy.

Are you referring to the speech about non-alignment in the HIM Haile Selassie I Says post? That one says “It is for the right of the people of any nation to adopt that economic and political system which the majority of them freely elect to follow.” Sounds like democracy to me.

I quoted those speeches to show that HIM Haile Selassie I says InI should work in Inity and cooperation and solve InI problems nonviolently.

I don’t understand why you say InI should not follow HIM Haile Selassie I Isample?

And if InI arent supposed to vote, how do you propose InI solve problems nonviolently? I man really would like to hear reasoning on this.

By the way, I didn’t say HIM Haile Selassie I said those things, the Ethiopian Ministry of Information says Haile Selassie I said those things. The Emperor himself allowed the book “Selected Speeches of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I” to be published to show InI truth. I man happy to post page numbers from that book of any of the excerpts I man posted if any I is interested.

HIM Haile Selassie I Love

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/18/2022 2:51:13 PM

So for those that voted for the politrick, you vote to be ruled. Why vote for someone to be on top of you? Jah say you must reach a higher! So why vote for babylon to be on top of you and rule you? Why vote to be lower than Babylon? Politricks is trickery. Don't be tricked. I and I are kings and queens. I and I don't need a babylon to rule over I.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 3/24/2022 2:06:46 PM

It seems like nearly every post I've made today has been to call out the agent for his white supremacist agenda. In another post, I already stated that the goal for the agents was this...

Mel: Why vote for someone to be on top of you?

This.

I have both Jamaican and African American ancestry. My father (rip) was Jamaican, believed in education, and immigrated to the US, I think sometime during the 70s. My mother was born in Alabama.

African Americans still have living relatives that remember segregation and having to drink from different water fountains and use different bathrooms. They still recall the struggles, protesting, and standing up for equal rights. Changes didn't happen because of the consciousness of white America. And the black community knew that we could never be equal in the US without the right to vote. We had to fight for that right.

So we still have elders who fought for the right to vote; elders who understood that it was important to have influence and say in who it was who ruled over you. Democracy allows "the people" to pick their representatives. And it is ONLY because those representatives are selected by their constituents, that they work for their constituents.

Mel: I and I are kings and queens. I and I don't need a babylon to rule over I.

So what fabled lands do you hail from? The arctic? You don't pay taxes? What manner of madness are you suggesting? That you're a king? No, you are simply trying to cloak your agenda in what you think Rastafarians sound like. And you try extra hard to sound like it when you are most attempting to manipulate the speak in order to manipulate the people who speak it. I don't try to do that out of RESPECT for my Jamaican roots. But you do it because you want Rastas to respect YOU and you imitate them, not for flattery, but to TRICK THEM INTO YOUR POLITICS.

You know they're not going to vote your way so you simply would rather us not vote.

However, your allies are taking various other tactics to suppress voter turnout in the black community as well as disqualify as many votes as possible. You all do this and go to these lengths because you understand that black people do have the power to swing an election. But if they don't use that power then your side is more likely to win. It's that simple. I wish it was more complicated but it's not.

Black people being Kings and Queens is not something I fully agree with but I understand it. It's not about being some kind of sovereign citizen who doesn't have a government over them. It's about love and respect for our own culture and self-worth. We have been cast in the white narrative as poor slaves. Whites don't even want to talk about black kings or show modern cities in Africa. So this is something we say to help keep our culture in a more positive light against the darkness of those who have stolen our history.

And part of our history is how our parents and grandparents fought for our right to participate in government. Participation means you have earned the right to complain. Non-participation is giving up. I understand why people do it. They believe both sides are the same, usually. But this is an oversimplification that is true and false at the same time. It doesn't matter if both sides are the same. It matters which side can be influenced to represent your interests. And it's better when they are afraid of you. Right now, both parties are afraid of black voters. But one party is afraid that we won't vote and the other is afraid that we will. The side that is afraid we won't is the only side showing that we can work with them. I will vote purely to defeat the agenda of the other side because if they don't want us to vote at all then they have no designs to work in favor of our interests.

By now, every black person in America should understand that whether they play in the game or not, they still have to live with the results. So just because you warm the bench doesn't mean you're a winner. And if you're warming the bench then you're not helping your side win. White supremacists have always been on the opposite team, even back when the majority of black people were Republicans. They were democrats. So why aren't they democrats now? Because party affiliation was never the point. They have simply always been against us.

So let this agent serve as an example. This is what the opposition wants. There are black people who never experienced the struggle and are so far removed from it that they don't understand that white supremacy uses dirty tactics to keep us from being counted. Let this agent serve as an education to the certainty that white supremacy exists as more than a coincidence. It is an agenda and there are many people who work for that agenda. And if that means pretending to be us to do it, they will.

And if you want to give white supremacy what it wants? Then by all means... do what this agent is telling/manipulating you to do. Don't vote. If you want white supremacy to win by default and you don't care that your enemy is smiling in your face and talking about peace and love while hoping that you catch covid and die, then go ahead and listen to the agent's advice. But if the presence of your enemy keeps you conscious that there is still a war going on that needs to be fought, and if you don't want your ancestors to have bled and died for nothing, then pick up their sword, pick up their shield, and keep fighting. Because if their efforts and our efforts weren't already working...? If our efforts were totally ineffective, this agent would not be here because there would not be a need.

My love and respect for Haile Selassie is 100% based on his opposition to European control of Africa. My love and respect for Marcus Garvey is 100% based on his understanding and preaching of black empowerment, especially in education and building wealth, understanding that the building wealth is also building power. Why would it EVER make sense to betray his memory by doing NOTHING to stop white supremacy???? Kings and queens are identifiable by their wealth and power and their ability to USE it. So how does it make sense NOT to use whatever wealth and power we have in order to create more? I will not betray my ancestors by playing some kind of pacifist dreamer on the sidelines of reality. I will use whatever means at my disposal and I suggest everyone else do the same.

We have work to do.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/30/2022 6:54:49 PM

- We have sought to remain faithful to the principles of respect for the rights of others, and the right of each people to an independent existence.
We, like you, are profoundly opposed to the un­-Christian use of force and are, as you, attached to a concept of the pacific settlement of disputes. -
HIM Haile Selassie I, May 26th, 1954 Page 115 Selected Speeches of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I

Selah

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/31/2022 4:33:41 AM

For those who reside in majority White former slavemaster countries:

Rastafari dont trust any of Babylon politics. we may or may not enter into it, but trust it? None at all

Haile Selassie put his trust in the Geneva council and they still allowed Italy to try and invade braking all promises between council members.

Repatriation and reparation over assimilation.

I personally have no interest in voting in corrupt oppressive racist systems

For the I dem who reside in black countries it can (and not always) be different. However i know on this forum most of the I dem live in Europe and Merimakkka. Jesse Jender had a riddim called Stop Yuh Coming and Come (only available via Tidal online) which explains this part further but il leave tbis here for now

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/31/2022 7:38:00 AM

A recent reading from a High Priest re: voting in Jamaica - with its all African government however is still under the authority of the Queen.. Now you can extrapolate his sentiments and imagine the thought behind if he was discussing from the vantage of voting in AMERICA or Britain.

From the article...

Four years later, the two political parties are still at loggerheads about putting the matter to a referendum, with the PNP now vowing again to make good on its promise if elected to Government come September 3.

Priest Dermot Fagan of the Rastafarian School of Vision in St Andrew, however, isn't buying it.

“Whether we vote Labour or PNP we still would be under the governor general. When we say Independence, it means 'set free'. We cannot see ourselves being free while there is a retention of a governor general who still gives a Throne Speech on an annual basis. These are some of the reasons why we as Rastafarians don't hold Independence as being authentic.

“That is why we don't hold the PNP or JLP status because we see that as undermining our cause,” Fagan told the Jamaica Observer in an interview on Friday.

The Rastafarian priest insisted further that for the majority of those in the community, supporting either of the two major political parties would be inconsistent with their faith and hope of repatriation to Africa.

“Apart from some members of the community, I don't know of the Nyabinghi, or the Twelve Tribe, or the School of Vision that I am responsible for, seeing the need to vote. We all don't see the need to vote because we want to go back home eventually.

“I don't see how any Rastafarian would want to be amalgamated with either the JLP or the PNP, and I don't see either a PNP or JLP Government facilitating a repatriation of Rastafarians to Africa,” Fagan insisted, adding that currently, there are about 15 different sects that comprise the Rastafarian community in Jamaica.

“You have some that vote and you have some who are against voting whether for Labour or PNP because we hold our position of repatriation back to Africa,” Fagan stated.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 3/31/2022 12:23:54 PM

Whether someone chooses to vote or not is their choice.

That being said...

If my ultimate goal is to make video games for a living, should I have no other jobs until then?

There's nothing wrong with wanting something. But if you don't put in the work to get it, then what good is all your wanting?

The example of Rastafari is H.I.M. Who was a king, a ruler, a political figure, a well-educated man, someone who had both allies and enemies, who had both domestic and foreign policy, diplomacy, etc.

https://thehaileselassie.com/Haile_Selassie_And_The_United_States/#:~:text=During%20the%201950s%20and%20the,gave%2C%20it%20was%20never%20enough.

This is either true or not true.

If it's true then we should consider that not everything is simple.

According to this, Selassie counted on the United States for assistance and it provided both economic and military assistance. The US trained and equipped Ethiopia's army. The US's support helped rid Ethiopia of the British. The US also aided Ethiopia in annexing Eritrea. Selassie made numerous visits to the US to meet with US presidents.

So we can play the "US is the beast game" but if that's the case then Selassie was working with the beast.

Foreign aid from the US to Ethiopia has decline since 2008 (as it should) but in 2008 it was almost a billion dollars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopia%E2%80%93United_States_relations

What's my point? My point is who's example should Rasta follow? The example of those who stay in the hills and never want anything to do with politics, technology, or other nations? Or the example of H.I.M, who I have nothing but respect for, who didn't have the luxury of isolation, and who worked with allies in order to do what was best for Ethiopia?

And he offered African Americans the opportunity to settle in Ethiopia and some actually did go. And some of them played a role in modernizing the country.

The US was one of only five countries, according to Haile Selassie himself, which refused to recognize the Italian attempted conquest.

There was a mutually beneficial relationship there.

This doesn't mean that Haile Selassie trusted Richard Nixon or any of the others at all. That's my point. But he USED them and made deals with them and he participated in the mutual benefit which is what good business is all about.

1934, under British control, Barack Obama Sr. was born in Kenya. And you can see where I'm going with this. His son Barack Obama Jr became president of the United States. This wouldn't have happened if he didn't try, didn't believe it was possible, didn't participate, or if he allow himself to feel defeated.

You can change the world but you need power to do it. Haile Selassie I understood power and the need for it. He had no problems seeking help and alliances in order to leverage the power he needed for his people. So therefore I, bearing the full weight of history, the History of Jamaica and the History of America, having ancestors who were around during the civil rights era, knowing all they did to gain the right to vote, and also seeing everything white supremacy has done and is doing to take that vote away from us as much as possible, even on this forum, I have no problem using the voice they gave me in order to leverage the power I need to benefit my community and my people.

Do I trust the politicians? No. THAT IS WHY I VOTE.

The ones I want out, I vote to replace them.

The ones who represent what I want, I vote to keep them.

Selassie I understood that the US needed him; needed him in the region and needed Kagnew Station. He had something they wanted. They had some things that he wanted. The same thing is true today. And if I'm not willing to work with people they will find someone else to work with. But to control politicians they need to need your vote and they need to believe you're willing to vote for someone else. That is what we can learn from H.I.M, not some kind of isolationist strategy said in his name because he never advocated for such a strategy. That's like people saying "I'm rasta, I mon nuh learn babylon science". Meanwhile, Haile Selassie I is inviting educated African Americans to settle in Eithiopia so they can bring their modern knowledge and skills with them. There is NO GOVERNMENT IN THE WORLD that wants refugees they have to take care of and give land to and get nothing in return. They want a trade. They want people who can improve their survival and socio-economic conditions.

And I'm not trying to disrespect anyone. I'm just being real. The land grant by the emperor in 1948 wasn't aimed at repatriation alone. It's more like what Marcus Garvey said. I believe the expectation was never to "take everyone" but to have the option open for immigration to those who could benefit Ethiopia. For everyone who wants to go, what are you bringing to the table?

Many Christians who follow Jesus say his name constantly but don't live anything like him. By the same token many people worship Haile Selassie I, but let's be honest. How many people are actually choosing to live, as much as possible, like he lived?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/31/2022 10:10:33 PM

The same US who paid Zimbabwe to keep Mengistu alive and safe

You cant tell I the US or any other Western Country had Haile Selassie I and Ethiopias interests at heart or displayed any form of loyalty as previous promised. InI lack of trust for such countries is not unfounded I can show you more deception especially from MeriMakka. How them treat Garvey etc Dem a recognised Liad.

People free to vote I only offering the general consensus on voting and politicians among the Rastafari community. Some do, most dont. Most want Revolution when it comes to the system and not change, if not nothing to do with it all together. If two or three parties have their agenda, often InI dont feel ANY SIDE represents what InI want. And there lies the issue

Haile Selassie I Jah

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/31/2022 11:36:21 PM

Bless Up

jessep86 also posted on another reasoning a link to that page:
https://thehaileselassie.com/Haile_Selassie_And_The_United_States/

I didnt say anything at the time but when I read it and got to the part "Selassie knew that the US needed Ethiopia's cooperation to stabilize the Horn of Africa. However much aide the United States gave, it was never enough." I was like wow, way to add in an opinion piece who wrote this anyways? Then I looked up the author.

I get that some dont want to vote in the shytstem and thats fair, I man not trying to make everyone vote. What I man dont like is repeated marketing type strategies of what seem to be attempts to persuade casual observers. To what aim? Who benefits in the persuading of getting people NOT to vote? The shytstem, usually. And yes, as IPXninja briefly mentioned, right now in amerikkka it is pretty bad. And VERY divided. So I man see that he and I may bring a hyper sensitive approach to the subject of voting, and that may be InI amerikkkan perspective showing thru, but InI can find evidence of HIM Haile Selassie I supporting aspects of democracy as a system of making decisions on common issues. This is separate from the argument that for a democracy to work, it is essential to have equal representation for all the people involved.

Revolution instead of change is of course an option but that often gets messy. I man open to hearing reasoning about ways it can be done nonviolently. But again, given the situation in amerikkka at the moment, the ones calling loudest for revolution right now arent the ones that want it peacefully, or for Rastafari to even be seated at the table. So theres that.

I sight the I states revolution or nothing to do with it altogether - but that gets problematic a little for I man too, because to I its a little bit like waiting on a savior. If HIM Haile Selassie I arrived on the scene and gave InI the authority to create InI destiny, how can InI achieve that by sitting and waiting to be brought somewhere?

But truly I man not saying I dont overstand why someone would be fed up with the shytstem and not want to vote. I definitely get that. The problem I have is when anyone trys to push their agenda onto others with strange market strategy type repetitive propaganda. That makes it seem like they have a goal, and when I see someone is trying to work towards a goal I like to investigate who might benefit if that goal is achieved.

And funny that all this democracy chat got put on this prayer for peace post, like InI sitting here praying for our troops or ready to fund another 30 year war for "democracy". Not so.

HIM Haile Selassie I InI King for Life

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/1/2022 12:00:36 AM

I dont overs any Rastafari who wants to stay in America. And vote. Repatriation especially from somewhere like America is a must. This is i personal belief. It nuh good for Rastafari to stay in a white man country too long.

Re: Revolution. They are commonly bloody and something that would not deter I. Some of the greatest revolutions in History were attained through violence. 'We will FIGHT" for good over evil if necessary.

But for the I dem situated, with no plans of exodus, or to revolute. Then voting may be for you. I get it. I also get the ones dem in the world but not of the world. The i dem who may live in a country but have very little interaction with its societal stucture, living off the grid wholly doing for self. Theres many variations. I father lived much of his Life this latter way,as did some others on this website proclaim such as Ras Raza/Razor if i remember right

But to settle in America or British society and assimilate is not apart of I upbringing in the trod, quite opposite

For purposes of this reason ones should also state whether they identify as Rastafari and are speaking from that perspective or not? I remember some of the I dem here previously stating they are not Rastafari in livity or identity. Especially with all the agent talk it should be noted whether ones speak from personal opinion or as a voice of others? As a Rastafari sympathizer? Or as a practicing Rastafari? I know Cedric ah Ras....Im sure brother IPX has previously denied to identity as such. Apologies if i am wrong

Selah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I