Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7573&start_row=1

Salt is one of the most natural sources. Why is it not Ital?

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 9/2/2021 6:16:42 AM

Bless Up RasTafarI

Too much salt is hugely unhealthy and that's just a fact, but I do not overstand why many of the I's subscribe to not having any salt at all.

Salt is one of the most natural things on earth. Sea salt is formed in the sea. In the Himalayan mountains you will find salt stones. My mother rides horses and the horse she rides has a Himalayan salt stone that it licks.

As I have read, we as humans need to use a little salt. Our urine is salted. our tears are salted. Our sweat is salted. If I stick my tongue on my arm it is a little salty. When it's really hot outside we need water and salt. It helps to regulate the body's fluid balance and stabilize the nervous system.

Why not just use salt with balance like everything else?

Give Thanks

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/2/2021 10:31:50 AM

Bredren it doesn't refer to the natural unprocessed salts. The sodium chloride is the thing that is not natural or healthy. Iodized salt too is unhealthy, not because iodine is unhealthy but because of the synthetic iodine used and because the salt is sodium chloride. It's true that humans need sodium in small amounts. We can get both the sodium and iodine that we need from sea vegetables like dulse. But personally I use Himalayan salt also. It has beneficial minerals besides sodium.

When I first started this trod I didn't use any salt at all. I was going by the rules I would hear, and like you I was misunderstanding them. But we all have to make our own way and choose for ourselves. I still see some elders sometimes eat chicken. In fact the first Rastaman who ever went to go live in Shashemene, he eats chicken too, and many of the 12 tribes elders eat chicken, goat, fish. These things I have seen in Shashemene with my own eyes. I still say plant food is the best, but how can I impose that choice on a 80 year old man? That's not right. So if our elders in the promised land are nyamin up the flesh, no one can say you are wrong for eating himalayan salt. As I said we all have to make our own choices with an educated mind and intuition.

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 9/3/2021 11:11:17 PM

everyone has their own levity , some say meat too is not ital but cook with salt. a diet of fresh vegetables is best but I would like to know what others consider ital levity

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 9/4/2021 11:07:29 PM

Don't know about "ital", but when you're elderly it's definitely more healthy to have some meat in your diet, than to not have it. Especially since the health risks of eating meat take a long time to develop, so if you just started when you're 70 you should be fine. Speaking strictly from a health perspective.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 9/5/2021 12:47:13 PM

It is definitely NOT healthy to eat meat as an elderly person. In fact the elderly who do eliminate meat from what they eat, gain more health and vitality, reversing many of the health issues and diseases that they suffer from do to eating meat such as: heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer, constipation, diabetes, erectile dysfunction, premature death, and more.

Speaking strictly from a health perspective ;)

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/5/2021 2:01:49 PM

Yes I brother Jahcub the I is right, even Haile Selassie I in his higher ages mentioned how eating more vegetarian had reversed some health problems. And CarterBlunt please note, none of those elders I mentioned in Shashemene were just starting to eat meat, no, they all had been doing so the whole time, they never did stop. Most of them died in their 70s, the first Rastaman who moved to Shashe, he developed blood cancer in his 70s. His wife, an Ethiopian, was experiencing high blood pressure in her 50s. So yes the effects of them eating meat was evident and it was not good.

This is why we say "Ital is Vital", Ital is not just a book of random rules, vitality is what we are aiming for. Look at Dr Sebi, before they killed him in the jail cell. Look at Queen Afua. Look at Aris Latham. Look at Prof I. These are the elders who eat plant foods strictly and they are experiencing high vitality into their 70s. So strictly from a health perspective is strictly from an Ital perspective.

Bongo Meca I, glad the I know that ones n ones have to live their own livity and their own version of what is right, as far as each one should reason and deem within themselves. Even though I personally see things this way, that plant food and unadulturated and non gmo is the best way to eat, I realize not everyone agrees. Their own health consequences will be their judge, I don't need to judge them. And my own health consequences will be mine if it turns out I was wrong and it was better to eat meat. I do eat cooked plant foods. Rice sometimes, injera, beans, hummus. I make Indian foods like wadas or dosa which is like dumplings or injera made from lentils and rice instead of wheat and teff. So I eat grains and cooked vegetables unlike a lot of the master teachers in health and I do admit I think I am somewhat wrong to do that. I know I feel much better when I eat totally raw food. It is just hard to maintain for a long period of time for me. Because of convenience I think. I cook a lot of food and then freeze it and reheat. Which I know is not Ital and not pranic if you follow what Hindus believe about prana in food. And I admit when I eat cooked food I feel less energy than when I eat raw food. So I think pranic food is real and I think the masters like Aris and Keidi Awos are right when they say raw/LIVING plant food is best. And I am striving more to live that way. But please realize that this is because I personally want to feel great and live very long with high amounts of energy and health. This is not because of any one else's rules or anyone's judgement. I just think it is the best way to feel great and since I want to feel great, I should do it.

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 9/6/2021 10:03:23 PM

Actually I have no idea why I assumed that, you are correct. I think I just heard an argument somewhere that children are better off with meat in their diet, and mistakenly extrapolated that to the elderly. I don't think kids necessarily need it either though... I guess it's safer if the parents don't know much about vegan nutrition.

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 9/7/2021 4:16:06 PM

the meat is only classed as healthy if the animal is fed on healthy foods... and still the animals eats a vegan diet normally...

the animal gets its nutrition from the earth, and so why eat the meat when you could do like the animal and eat the direct nutrients from the earth, via veg/fruits/seeds.

that saying, i do sometimes eat abit of chicken/fish here and there.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 9/9/2021 11:45:50 PM

Rasta Youth,

The I asked, "Why not just use salt with balance like everything else?"

I sight that it is difficult to find the balance with salt, as their is a lot of sodium in salt. Sodium is also naturally, in much of the foods we eat. So it is very easy to get too much sodium once you start adding salt to your food that alread has sodium in it.

Too much sodium is bad for the heart, and as RastafarI, InI want good and strong hearts. If sodium is already in our foods naturally, why add more sodium in the form of salt? Too much sodium can cause: Enlarged heart muscle, headaches, kidney disease, osteoporosis, stroke, heart failure, high blood pressure, kidney stones, stomach cancer. Excess levels of sodium can cause increased water retention which can cause puffiness, bloating, and weight gain.

No salt
A good alternative is sea veggies/ greens
Ital is Vital

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 9/10/2021 12:07:29 AM

Celery is another good alternative to salt. One can add foods/herbs that are higher in sodium to get that savory/salty flavor, rather than adding salt.

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I