Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7570&start_row=1

SPEAKING IN TONGUES

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: King Jam Sent: 8/27/2021 3:02:23 PM

FIRST OF, HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A RASTA CLAIMING/SPEAKING IN TONGUES

YOU GET ALOT OF SELF ACLAIMED CHRISTIANS SPEAKING SOME GIBAA JABBA
BUT THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY SAY,
AND THEY SAY THEY SPEAK IN TONGUES.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 8/27/2021 9:53:14 PM

Jerome butler on selah media on YouTube but I think he is a dread who considers himself Christian

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/27/2021 10:36:34 PM

I grew up in the christian church, so I don't know if this is my own upbringing causing a phenomenon. But I accidentally spoke in tongues like two strongs ago. I was driving home from a particularly joyous occasion and I had been feeling on the brink of something for a couple hours. I looked inside myself and asked what was I feeling, and tears came, I was too happy and I started crying and then soon after I was saying things in a language I don't know. I just take it as a spiritual language or something, or who knows, maybe I was having a stroke haha. All I knew is that I was thinking "give thankhs I am alive", "I'm so high on life and I'm sober but feel high" and "I better stop bawling my eyes out while I'm driving." This is not the first time this kind of thing has happened, but the most recent one. I have no explanation. I am not a christian beyond the point of embodying christ consciousness, which I don't even really focus on, it's just a peripheral aspect of spirituality that I see has some truth to it. So like I said, maybe it is a remnant from some childhood lesson that my subconscious mind is pulling out. Maybe it's a spirit language that people speak when they reach a high vibration. But yeah that happened. Make of it what the I will!

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 8/28/2021 3:20:46 AM

the bible says. in acts. the first speaking in tongues was the 12 apostles/disciples, but it clearly states when they spoke in tongues it was other languages so that they could speak the word to the people there. and all the people from other countries were amazed because these gallians were speaking there language.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/28/2021 11:22:49 AM

Seen Idren. That has happened once to my brother when he was a little boy, he spoke perfectly in Spanish to an old lady. Anyways yeah, I am not a bible person so it doesn't really matter to me what it says! My experience is what I'm going off of. There is a man called Andrew Bartzis who talks sometimes about a spiritual language also, so this phenomenon happens outside the christian church as well. Either way this is really not a big issue to me. It happens occasionally, I have no explanation for it, so it is what it is. More important things for me to think about because it doesn't happen more than once a year or less. Why people in the church do it, I don't know, in their case it may be for the appearance of it, while these events always happen for me in private. Also I want to point out that just because we do not overstand the language, that doesn't mean it is not a real language. The Iniverse is very big and dimensions within dimensions exist, we don't know all the beings or languages that exist, and it is possible that spirits or other non physical beings are listening and can overstand us when we speak so called gibber jabber. It's a spontaneous event for I, I never try to do it and I have to just allow it to happen when those feelings of overflowing energy come up. So for whatever reason it is just something that happens and there may be a reason for it that I&I dont overstand yet. Either way bredren I wouldnt be bothered too much about other people doing it, just ignore them if it's not what the I think is right. It's not really harming anyone, unlike some other things that happen in the church, so I would just let it go. Plenty of things in other religions that don't make sense to us, that's why we are not a part of that religion.

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 8/28/2021 3:18:29 PM

blessed sister. i know what your saying,
one time, out of no where, i was on a high vibration and words came out my mouth sounding like some african dilect.

but when i see it in the churches it is something different,
almost forced, like they want people to see it and think they are truly "holy"

the other day i was in this "prayer" group, ive been looking for some kind of community and seeing what is going on around me,
this prayer group was 250 people praying for a women whome is in hospital atm.

the group was then split up into little groups of 5's
i see this women praying and nearly everytime after she prays she starts saying all this stuff that no one can interpret.
its just seems so odd.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/29/2021 10:27:33 AM

Yes I, that is exactly the type of phenomenon I experience. Sometimes I think I am speaking Ge'ez or something because I notice similarities in the sounds. But I don't know what it is really.

That kind of group, I probably wouldn't be a part of, it sounds very much on the christian end of things and I imagine they are praying to Jesus. Is that so?

At the same time I overstand looking for a community, sometimes finding other Ras nearby is hard. Still we can focus on internal meditation instead of engaging in groups outside our faith or our culture.

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 8/29/2021 10:57:17 AM

yes the church prays to jesus/Almighty God.
but i have to remember that Selassie always promoted Christianity
and was crowned the defender of faith by the church, and set up churches in Jamaica.

There is even a speech where H.I.M speaks about his Faith In Jesus Christ and how the Christian Religion Sustained him in many instances.

But i think the problem is still that these Christians still think jesus as a white man, and dont know much about history of the sabbath and rome changing around with the religion.

yeah community is hard here, and its been along time since i had a righteous queen in my life. so i hope that maybe i can find someone who is like minded, and interested in the roots of it all.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/29/2021 4:09:35 PM

Yes bredren this is one of the same reasonings that makes people claim "Christafari" or rather to convert to Tewahedo. Which if that is their choice, fine for them. For I, I will keep in my mystic ancient ways which transcend bible and jesus.

As Haile Selassie I says, "While the different religions in their historic forms bind us to limited groups and militate against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have already stood for the fellowship of humanity in harmony with the spirit of the mystics of ages gone by."

So despite His Majesty championing the Christian faith, he also makes it very clear that all faiths are valid, and at their core where the deepest of spirituality enters into the soul itself, there is no religion, there is only energy.

To find a righteous womban or man, to find a righteous mate, it is not easy! I wish the I well in that endeavor. There is nothing in life like the bonding of two souls.

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 8/29/2021 4:23:44 PM

yes sister,

The root of religion is to grow us spiritually.

that is a reword of a speech of his majesty.
i overstand where ya a come from,
do you acknowledge christ then?
it is really the history of the ethiopian othodox and the bloodline of david and solomon which really strengthens me in the truth of christ. Selassie was no fool, he knew spirituality is the root of it all, but would he claim to follow something which wasnt so?

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I