Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7552&start_row=1

Books on livity

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 8/10/2021 11:43:09 AM

can anyone recommend books on rastafari livity. I love to read and have been doing African studies on my own . But it would be nice to have a book on our livity rather than using the bible. Folks say that his majesty said to read the bible to find your own truth but when and where did he say this. Also was he unaesre that the bible was the slave masters tool ?

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 8/10/2021 12:30:30 PM

BLESS UP BONGO MECA

If you don't want to read the Bible, it's your choice, but the original word in the Bible is NOT the white mans word. It's African. Check for yourself where the original Israel was located, what the original hebrews looked like and so on.

In many cases, when the Bible was used as an instrument to keep Africans under slavery, it was not even the ordinary Bible. It was a so-called slavery bible where all the stories of revolution were taken out. The story of Moses leading the Israelites out of slavery was gone ... It is very easy to take a few words from the Bible and turn them into a justification for slavery. However, many of the slavery stories are also prisoners paying for their punishment.
When Moses, for example, talks to God on the mountain, I do not interpret it as him talking to a man in heaven, but that he sits and meditates and has contact with the spiritual creator so that he and JAH can find the answer - The I&I. So yes.. Read the bible and find the truth for yourself Selassie I said. Remember that the linage of Selassie can be traced back to David, Sheba, Solomon, Menelik, etc. as mentioned in the Bible.
Rome took the african word and translated it, but the word remains the same...

But you asked about other books so let me see

1. 'My Life and Ethiopia's Progress: The Autobiography of Emperor Haile Selassie I' - (I would add it as the most important. One cannot bear the king's name without knowing HIM. I would call it a liverty book cuz everthing Haile Selassie I did is an inspiration for InI liverty)

2. Kebra Negast

3. Selected Writings and Speeches of Marcus Garvey

Black Supremacy in Righteousness of Salvation - King Emmanuel I

Give thanks and praises

Menen I
Haile I Selassie I
RasTafarI

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 8/11/2021 9:59:47 PM

Bless Up Idren

Bongo meca, I don’t think Haile Selassie I said exactly look to the Bible and find your own truth, I could be wrong about that. HIM Haile Selassie I did say that everyone has their own right to the Almighty, meaning everyone one has complete religious and spiritual freedom to choose whatever path to righteousness they will. If I man was to relate that to the Bible, I would say that is similar to how Yeshua of the Christ told the Jewish people that none of their laws and requirements mattered and the only law was love your neighbor as you love yourself.

HIM Haile Selassie I did promote the Bible for InI to read and Iditate and reason about. Its also important to note that Ithiopia uses a more complete Bible than the western bible. The Kebra Nagast as Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth mentioned tells the story of the child born from Queen Makeda and King Solomon and how the Ark of the Covenant resides in Ithiopia, and also the Book of Enoch, which tells a different revelation story where InI will live through the destruction of Armageddon and build heaven on this earth like the garden of Eden where InI can live in peace and harmony for Iternity. This Holy book is important to I man because it speaks to InI realeyesing InI power as the Living JAH to create and sustain and protect and live in righteousness.

I man sure there are good books about Rastafari Livity somewhere, but I man was never interested in reading another I’s perspective about Rastafari, I man wanted to learn all I could about the Foundation of Rastafari and sight for I self what Rastafari Livity was about. The books that I used to build I foundation are:

Selected Speeches of HIM Haile Selassie I

Important Utterances of HIM Haile Selassie I

Kebra Nagast

The Book of Enoch

Philosophy and Opinions of Marcus Garvey

The Bible

--- May HIM Haile Selassie I Guide I to the right books for I overstanding

Bless Up Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth, I give thanks for the great Rasponse. I like the I’s interpretation of Moses speaking with the Almighty. I sight it the same.

HIM Haile Selassie I Love

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/12/2021 10:47:31 PM

Hail Sister Bongo. I'm glad the I clarified the I is female because I was wondering why the I keep coming asking questions about womban issues. What I want to impress upon the I womban to womban is stand on your intentions and have a clean heart, be an honest person, love JAH and love yourself. As a womban there are no rules you have to follow, just clean your heart and everything else will fall into place.

Books that have been formative for I, besides the ones listed:
+Chanting Down Babylon
+Itations of Jamaica and JAH Rastafari
+Biography of Empress Menen by Anjahli Parnell
+Medu Neter by Ra Un Nefer Amen
+Sacred Symbols of the Dogon by Laird Scranton
+They Came Before Columbus by Ivan Van Sertima
+Book of Coming Forth By Day by Muata Ashby

These are not books on "livity" persay. They are books that hold sacred knowledge and allow one to decide for themselves how to apply the information. Fulljoy the reading... JAH says "It is Education that heals Africa," and "Justice is a product of education."
Selah

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/13/2021 1:20:22 AM

Healing of the Nations by Dennis Forsythe

Messenger: Ras RunMan Sent: 8/20/2021 9:38:34 AM

I also wanna buy Kebra Nagast
But what is the best one?

Glory of the kings?
or The lost bible of rastafarian wisdom?

BLESS UP

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/20/2021 12:54:33 PM

Ras RunMan, the literal translation of Kebra Negast from amharic into english is Glory of Kings. I don't know what the other one is, but the first one seems to be a translation into english of the original text. The version available on this website for free is also a translation.
Ites up, JAH Love

Messenger: Ras RunMan Sent: 8/20/2021 2:20:32 PM

Give Thanks

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/20/2021 10:51:35 PM

Kebra Negast. I have the Cosimo Classics version translated/edited by A.E.W. Budge...There is a great historic preface and introduction as well as ancient Ethiopian illustrations and side notes.

There is also a Kebra Nagast that Ziggy Marley wrote a introduction in: The Book of Rastafri Wisdom. Edited/translated by Gerald Hausman. I haven't read this one. Yet.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 9/2/2021 12:28:43 PM

Blessed Love,

Here is a link to a RastafarI book publication website. There are books about livity and books about ones and Incient ones trodding RastafarI livity:
http://wisemindpublications.com/product-category/books/

Another good book website is: https://frontlinebookpublishing.com/

I've been reading "Man Heal Thyself: Journey To Optimal Wellness" by Queen Afua. This is a great book for men. From what I've read and seen, I sight that one can learn much from the knowledge of Queen Afua's books and teachings and improve their livity. Each one teach one. Queens Afua has books and classes for womben also. Check out "Sacred Woman: A Guide to Healing the Feminine Body, Mind, and Spirit.

JAH Love and Guidance
RastafarI

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I