Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7533&start_row=1

Rasta in Babylon, new and need advice

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: KingIsaac Sent: 7/7/2021 12:53:19 PM

greetings,

I am a newly converted rasta living in Babylon. Babylon is really hectic, people judge each other all the time based whatever they can think of.
i was a Christian before but i had this gut feeling that something was not totally right, and then i read about rastafari livity and so on, and I knew i have found my home in Rastafari. however, Babylon is very stressfull.
So a few questions:
-In prayer, how do we recognize Jah’s voice? to me, i hear him as a very loving and caring father, saying things like ”everything is going to be ok”
-i’ve been ashamed of myself pretty much my whole life but rastafari changed me, i am PROUD of myself and a PROUD rasta. any advice on how to become proud in your own nature?

bless all of you

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/8/2021 10:46:02 AM

Hail up brother King Isaac
First thing I notice reading your questions is that it seems you are looking outside yourself for confirmation of your worth. Focus on self love and self fulfillment to redirect the way you find value in yourself. There are some self love affirmations on youtube that I found really helpful in rediscovering my internal voice saying yes, I am good enough. It's not so much about pride, but about firm grounding in our unshakable innate value.
Everyone has a different viewpoint on the identity of the Most High. Some people see Haile Selassie I as God, separate from the self, one to be worshipped just like Christians see Jesus. Others see the unity in all of existence, that we all stem from one source, and take Haile Selassie I and Empress Menen I as the examples of our potential to embody that source, that they fulfilled their godship on earth by living righteously and uprightly with a clean heart and taking responsibility for the wellbeing of their human family, which we all can attain, and that they are not separate from us. In this sense there is no voice to hear but our own voice. It's a matter of cleaning the mind and deprogramming from the propaganda we've been fed to hear the true message. Just like the things I said about finding self worth from within, we can also find intuition and guidance from our own self which is eternally connected to the source of our consciousness. It doesn't mean you have to hear a man's voice in your head, other than your own internal dialogue. I mean definitely if you're trying to hear the voice of Haile Selassie I speaking to you, it would be in a very thick accent, because that is how his earthly voice sounds in English. But where did Haile Selassie's ideas come from? The source of consciousness that he is able to draw wisdom and inspiration from, that source is accessible to us all. We just have to tune our minds to the high vibration that lifts our consciousness above the mundane and into the divine eternal.
I hope that answered your questions in a helpful way!
Guidance and Love
Sis Ama, JAH CHILD

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 7/9/2021 4:56:17 AM

babylon is rough, stressful and suicidal.

IT is up to you to decide how you live your life,
Haile Selassie Is merciful and great.

find what brings you happiness in these times, and hold on to them.
yeah people judge people, but to walk down the street and know that nonmatter what they judge you. You are still loved by the most high,
is the greatest feeling. remember selassie loves the truth,
so be true to yourself.

Strength and power in this time. remember them that came and overcame in the power of GOD>.

Marcus Garvey
Martin L King,
BOB marley,
AnD MANY MORE>.

With JAH we can overcome. Stay strong.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I