Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7482&start_row=1

Nyabinghi: Death to all oppressors?

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 1/20/2021 11:09:21 AM

Wah Gwaan Rasta

I was wondering why the Nyabinghi order chants the phrase: "death to all oppressors"

Do you refer to judgement day?
Why wish death to anyone at all?
Do you wish death to Trump?
Death to the police man who killed Floyd?

What is the meaning behind it.

I want to go deeper fi overstand. I do not come from a Rastafari family my self. But I have been chanting for 2 years now.

Bless and love

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 1/20/2021 1:29:42 PM

Death to all downpressors

It is chanted to rid the world of the wicked people. And InI say downpressor, as these people try and press InI down, so InI can't rise up, stand up, and live up. They want to press InI down, beneath them, though they shall never be above InI. They want InI to slave for them, though InI are free.

Oppressor has the word sound of someone that will press InI up, to lift InI up. However that is not what they do, no and know that they are downpressors.

Word Sound Power
RastafarI

Messenger: Arma Gideon Sent: 1/20/2021 3:00:04 PM

Hail I
You phrased your question like an officer of the law making an inquiry, not like someone who is FarI.
"do YOU" ? After walking 2 years you still in the mindset of "you" ? the correct wording is " death to all BLACK & WHITE" oppressors , for the Father holds all judgement in his hands irregardless of stature or rank as well as color .

NYAHBINGHY CHANT :

HIM HAVE TO MOVE

Him have to move, Him have to move.

Him haf fe move, Him haf fe move

When Rastafari get ready, him have to move.

Pope Paul have to move, Him have to move

(Elizabeth, Satan, Babylon Downpressor, Apartheid)

Him haf fe move, Him haf fe move.

Him could a Black, Him could a White

Him could a rich, Him could a poor

The Almighty HIMself bestowed death as a wage to those who work sin , so its not why anyone would wish death on another when they bringing it down on themselves.

JAH Bless , Haile I

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 1/21/2021 12:24:15 PM

Correct yourself first Arma Gideon: death to all black and white "downpressors".

Raspect

Messenger: Arma Gideon Sent: 1/21/2021 1:08:26 PM

Don't we all Jahcub

Highly High InI

Raspect & Honor to Queen Nyabinghi, Alkebulanian, Queen of Queens, the Locked-Lioness

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 1/21/2021 11:45:04 PM

Back weh with your fool fool talk arma gideon. A high man say raspect all black women. Raspect all black people and if you can't find love in your heart any moment you're heart full a filth

Nobody in this life was born with locks but grew them through stages in life's journey. Your style of honoring only the dreadlock don't fit in my book, especially when the dreadlock was brought up in proper manners by a baldhead woman. Go to hell devil as I would say. You might be black but your soul is white.

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 1/28/2021 8:45:56 AM

Thank you for your answers. Sometimes I just like to put questions to sub-topics. Like the dilemma between ganja smoke and health

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 2/12/2021 9:13:02 AM

Another interesting question: How do you see judgment day?

Do you see it in life or after death?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wATBX_tNyUw&ab_channel=SofienNahdi

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 2/12/2021 3:36:32 PM

Bless Up Idren

I see judgement day as every day. When I investigate and decide an action to do, I am living judgement day. The results of those actions and the interaction of those actions with the rest of creation leads to another living judgement. Judgement carries forward Itinually, creating creation as InI live.

I like to think the soul living in I body faces a judgement day after the physical body it resides in at this time expires. I feel it is unimportant to concern Iself with pondering that question, so it becomes more of a sci-fi pondering which is fun for I to think of from time to time, but I see it more as an exercise in day dreaming than as something that is necessary to know to plan I daily life or actions.

Basically I dont need the fear of a judgement day to see the beneficial actions I do are worthwhile.

If InI make the effort to judge InI actions as good and act as such, InI can see living, beneficial results from those good actions.

InI can use science to help judge the effectiveness of a "good" act.

Let InI remember science is a process, not an authority in itself.

I think it is InI responsibility to investigate and judge I own actions as good.

HIM HAILE SELASSIE I BLESS

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/2/2021 10:21:45 AM

Well put brother.

I man first see your reasoning now. The reason I was confused was because of the idea of ​;​;rasta and imagination in the same booth. That was hard for I to be taken seriously.

But when you explain the sci fi dream as a spiritual teaching for the soul, it makes much better sense.

INI GIVE THANKS

HAILE I
SELASSIE I
RASTAFARI

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I