Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7357&start_row=1

Monrovia Bloc

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 6/11/2020 4:02:29 PM

I had an argument with certain panAfrikanists who said HIM sell out at the Monrovia Bloc by saying African unity be attained gradually while Nkrumah was saying USA now.

Whats the I opinion?

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 6/12/2020 11:12:07 AM

Blessed Love Idren

I would like to reason on this but I do not know much on the subject. I am away from I books for a few more days so I am limited in I education.

I want to refrain from speaking like I know what I am talking about on the subject, but a few things come to mind. As many of us know, HIM Haile Selassie I was very cautious to avoid advocating for interference in other country's decisions. As the leader of the only independent African Kingdom, I think there was a fine line HIM had to walk to speak the truth and advocate for worldwide African freedom, while also maintaining Ithiopia's independence and avoiding interference from outside countries. I don't know much about Nkrumah, but it sounds as if he may have had more ties to Russia and communism than to England or US or capitalism, especially later in his time as Prime Minister. As many of us know, in the political climate of the cold war, this could have led to increased interference from the west, from spies or economic pressure, etc. This "choosing of sides" so to speak, could have emboldened his decision to speak out against the internal affairs of the US, wile also proving to be disastrous for remaining independent.

We all know that US policy on human rights was terrible at the time that HIM Haile Selassie I and Nkrumah were leaders of their country, but speaking out on that subject could have led to consequences that are beyond what a normal citizen of any country would face. I know this doesn't necessarily make it correct or righteous to stay quiet, but this could possibly be the reasoning.

I will try to educate myself further on the subject and look forward to learning from any of the Is that are more knowledgeable on the subject than I

Give Thanks Idren Zion Mountain for the reasoning subject
JAH BLESS

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/18/2020 9:12:11 AM

Good topic, it's been a minute since I read up on this, and it prompted some research. I'm linking a lengthy but really interesting site that gives a thorough account of the Ethiopian foreign minister's experience during the creation of the OAU. Obviously, the foreign minister's side of the story is his own, but it seems honest and he owns his biases, without disparaging the standpoints of any of the Casablanca bloc nations' views. Stating that Ethiopia tried to maintain a relatively neutral standpoint at first, but ultimately rallied for the Monrovia bloc, "based on a pragmatic approach rather than an ideological stand."

http://www.oau-creation.com/Part%20One.htm

There are 5 parts, each with a link to the following at the bottom of the page.

ZM, was "Nkrumah was saying USA now." a typo of sorts? It's my understanding the Nkrumah held strong anti American views, being vocal about the USA's involvement in neo-colonialism.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/18/2020 9:23:29 AM

Casablanca ideaologi resonate more with I. Nkrumahs revolutionary mindset. Yet and still, HIM the undisputed Leader and only Sovereign member of the proposed USA.

Haile Selassie I

I stray a likkle from the og argument but that last point deh tell I say Haile Selassie I the Almighty more than any Bible verse.

Give thanks for the upsight ZionMt bredda

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/18/2020 9:55:49 AM

my bad, USA= United States of Africa

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 6/19/2020 7:37:37 PM

Yes Idren

Give thanks SunofMan for posting more information for InI. It gives some insight into some of the many numerous and varied issues Haile Selassie I encountered as a statesman.

Further into the article I like how it mentions that Ketema Yifru, Ithiopia’s foreign minister was given full autonomy in his efforts. Directly contradicting babylon script that HIM was some sort of ruthless dictator. Also that HIM was responsible for overriding the conservative aristocracy in Ithiopia that almost denied the country's ability to work towards African Unity.

Yes I Garveys Africa, InI can sight evidence in even the smallest details that shows Haile Selassie I is the Almighty.

My ignorance on this topic comes to light when it shows I misunderstood the original question. I read USA and mistook it from its proper use of United States of Africa. Guess I should check more for babylon sneak attacks. Give thanks for the clarification and reasoning.

Blessed Love

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I