Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7244&start_row=1

beard

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 11/28/2019 12:32:27 AM

Hi

Do you shave your beard?

if you do

why do you shave your beard and not your locs?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/28/2019 2:09:45 PM

the locks have stronger cultural connotations from Inciency to recency. More so than a beard for example.
But I always taught that shave and trim or shave and style is something Rastafari NUH fi do. But to take all off every now and then to start new growth a nuh nuttn to I.

Many a great great Rastaman I did site with beard locks who years later have just a general beard no locks or shave face restart process

If a African man keeps away from razor and comb....he will dread. Naturally.

If a African man keeps away from ah shave him beard.... It's not necessary going to form a big beard or locks beard. Many of the black race naturally never grow long beards or anything more than stubble.

For I it's the LOCKS which hold the cultural expression and spiritual connection.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/6/2019 9:43:03 AM

beards, hair, to shave or not to shave--it's personal as faith is

"its not a dreadlocks thing, it's divine conception of the heart"- Morgan Heritage, Don't haffa Dread

Many Rastafari people don't have locks and look more like King Selassie who never rocked locked long hair. HIM was sometimes shaved and sometimes bearded, yet the same either way- RIGHTEOUS AND SOVEREIGN

It comes down to a simple, fundamental truth, we cannot judge by appearances but must discern the spirits

Messenger: Rakamau Na Ras Sent: 12/8/2019 5:16:36 AM

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I