Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7222&start_row=11

What are your views on homosexuality?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 87
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Cedric Sent: 7/16/2021 4:10:56 AM

Blessed Love Idren

Trans people say they are born that way, so they are born that way. InI going to doubt an I's perspective? Based off what, an unfit mind? Not buying it. I don't think being trans is a mind condition. I think souls are gendered and how they wind up in the wrong body is anyone's guess. A necessary experience for a soul to learn? Karma for a sin in another life? A sick joke? Maybe straight people that commit hate crimes on homosexuals are born trans when their soul travels to the next body. InI want to know all the secrets of the Iniverse already?

HazelWell, what part of IPXninja's post was deeply worrying? I think maybe the I misunderstood the meaning of the word fear. Can I be an ally but still be disgusted by homosexuality? I think bisexual people make a mistake in thinking that just because they are attracted to the opposite sex, they know what it feels like to think or feel like a straight person. Maybe InI experience the world more different than InI might think, and maybe the struggle is to learn how to work together regardless.

I overstand there has been atrocities done and continuing atrocities committed towards LGBTQ people and I am sorry for that. I have friends and family that are LGBTQ and straight and I love InI all based off the integrity of that person. I am completely comfortable in I sexuality and as a straight person who loves anyone, I still think homosexual things are gross. I don't think that will change. As the I says, JAH will do the judging.

Rastafari people first awoke in Jamaica. Jamaica has a culture of violence towards LGBTQ people. Unfortunately a lot of rich white homosexual (males) did some terrible and non consensual things to people (and children) in Jamaica and the Caribbean. Does that make hatred of LGBTQ people justified? No. But did the I think the entire RASTAFARI community was pure from the influences of local culture?

Rastafari is a Black Liberation movement. HIM Haile Selassie I stands for the complete destruction of racism and the babylon concept of race. These are things that babylon perpetuates based off of visual perceptions ALONE. Has racism ended? Has the western world repaid all the atrocities it has committed towards Black people and people of color? Are InI done with that battle? Can the I not see how it could be considered self-centered to put one's own ability to express ones gender or sexual identity in front of the battle HIM Haile Selassie I began for InI but has not been completed? I think that is what IPXninja was referring to when referring to what ones do in private. I am not saying LGBTQ people deserve the treatment they get or that they should have to hide their identity. But the fact of the matter is, it is way easier to hide someones LGBTQ status than it is to hide someone's race. Maybe if InI complete one battle first InI can turn to the next important battle after that. Or are InI expected to fight all fronts at once?

Jessep, does the I see any type of sin as worse than another? I may disagree with the I's statement that sin is sin. I man see a sin that affects oneself as less of a sin than a sin that affects another I.

HIM HAILE SELASSIE I EMPRESS MENEN I LOVE

Messenger: HazelWell Sent: 7/16/2021 7:56:10 AMHidden
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 7/16/2021 1:44:45 PM

Bless and love to all

When this topic has been discussed so much back and forth I think we really need to debate this topic thoroughly so we can arrive at a result in the gay issue of Rastafari reasoning.

HazelWell Since when has Rastafari ever preached violence against gays? The only rasta I have heard preaching violence against gays in music is Sizzla. Buju Banton has too, but it was in his youth (Before his locks grew out)

Rastafari don't preach violence, but many don't believe in that lifestyle. Why is it so hateful not to believe in homosexuality?

Since I was very young I have grown up with many gays around me. My big brother had a lot of gay friends. My mom's best friends and colleagues are gays. We had my mom's best friend and his husband for dinner as late as yesterday. We talked, we ate, we laughed and had fun. But does that mean my opinion has changed on homosexuality for that reason? NO. I can agree to disagree with a persons behavior without discriminating against him/her. Male cannot give birth. We are not created for that. We have a waste passage to get rid of body waste not sex, The female is the one who give birth and have the organs for this so for these reasons I cannot agree with this lifestyle, But for those who live this way it is their right to because we all have the freedom of choice as long as they don't try an impose their choice on me. When I speak out on this subject, I'm talking about LGBT as a cultural imperialist superpower. I distance myself from the environment and I certainly do not support the promotion, media focus and glorification of gay culture that trends in Western pop culture and the idea of this as being normal. We see it everywhere. In Pop music where Lil Nas X shakes his batty off the devil. gay anime on television. In the pride month where a lot of half-naked gays shake their bodies throughout the cities. LGBT classes given to children and so on. Can't we also have a 'Free Africa, Stop White Supremacy' Month where all the shops are closed down?

No studies has proved a homosexual by birth. No biological gene code or anything. There have been some studies to suggest genes which can affect sexual behavior, but not preference
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02585-6
According to studies of child development (Freud, Kinsey), babies are born A-sexual. There is no such thing as a gay baby. Let us, as another example, look at the renowned psychologist Dr. Umar Johnson. He has done therapy on hundreds of gays, and 95% of all his gay clients have been sexually abused in their childhood and they tell him directly that this is what got their lifestyle started. He also mentions examples of women who have grown up with violent men in the home and therefore have developed a fear of being with a man. He mentions a boy who has grown up with a mother and two sisters and has constantly been told that he is not like other boys and from there get exposed to the lgbt movement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBpu_MWxYtM

We also have people who have changed their lifestyle from gay to heterosexual. In this video some Christians talk about their past in childhood that led them to dehumanized time in their lives where they practiced homosexuality. They tell of how, through spiritual strength, they changed to become heterosexual naturally. (I know this video is very American Christian biased. But whether the name is Jesus or something else is not crucial. The crucial thing is that they have changed their lifestyle and they are happy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--BuHXVA70

If you search further, you will also find articles and documentaries about trans people who want their original gender back now that they have become older.

As I can see in many places, things can happen in childhood that lead people into this lifestyle. Therefore, it's a huge disrespect to send drag queens to school to talk to children about gay style. What kind of place does Lgbt have in primary school? A lot of children get confused.
Rastafari people will always hold on to its dignity of truth, no matter how politically incorrect it is in modern times.

In some countries, gender reassignment for children is already legal. Children can get strong hormones that give them breasts, etc. before they turn 18 without parents being allowed to interfere. These hormones can lead to cancer, stroke and more. Is that fair? That these drugs can legally just be given to your children who have a certain feeling without you being able to interfere? Imagine we have people today who don't even wanna be labeled as he or she and they will even turn that into a campaign. We have so many real problems in this world. White supremacy, Poverty, racism, medical oppression, corruption and so on. You can't change who you are. You are not born a girl. You are still born as a boy who feel like a girl. That is just a fact.

So many people call you a 'homophobic peace of shit' and compare you to being a racist as soon as you speak out against these issues. That is also discrimination. To compare a sexual struggle with a racial struggle is very racist if you ask me. Cuz I sight that as a huge disrespect to the history and victims of racism. If you are black and gay you will first be seen as black by the police.

This is my thoughts...

Rastafari Haile I

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/16/2021 10:24:50 PM

It is never natural to have breast or generals mutilated and removed. Nor to have hormone 'therapy'. I dont hate nobody, I just hate sin and confusion. To say The Allmighty told me to bleach my skin or have a sex change...INI will never buy it.

I hate sin. If you identify with a behavior that is such,(and there is a multitude I'm not going list here) I forgive you for that. We all sin in one way or another and to try to escape it and live sanctified and do good is nobel. To call evil good and good evil is not how we will inherit the Kingdom. Zion is a holy place, and I dont make up the laws or the ways, Haile Selassie does. Love and strength to ALL.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/16/2021 10:59:29 PM

I personally dont like to get involved just these discussions but all deserve a fair warning. Out of love I dont want to see souls perish and lose their eternal inheritance as children of the Most High.

Look whats going on...The rainbow is a sign of JAHS forgivness and what has the world of babylon done with it?

Noah was called by JAH and separated himself from the world in his time. Noah tried to warn the world of the coming flood and he was despised, laughed at, and mocked for building the ark by people of the world that lacked spiritual discernment. After being called to join JAH people and be saved, the world continued to revel in the imaginations of their own hearts perish. It is the same during the current times as the times of old. People that don’t conform to the ways of the world are mocked to this day.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 7/17/2021 1:41:56 AM

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/17/2021 1:27:29 PM

Cedric, you brought up a good point...I say with my ible which many will disregard, this:

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man or woman doeth is without the body; but they that committeth fornication sinneth against their own body.

Now how cam we love others as ourselves if we dont first love ourself? ...as living temples of the Holy One of Israel

Many will rather listen to words like this " do as thou wilt" of Alester Crowley. But you cant mix this up with Rastafari.

Messenger: HazelWell Sent: 7/18/2021 9:32:07 AMHidden - Wickedness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 7/18/2021 11:10:58 AM

Give thanks and praise for we can have a respectful conversation.

I only love
But I still know where InI stand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5u3amfeuPE&list=RDt5u3amfeuPE&start_radio=1&ab_channel=HDMwas

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 7/18/2021 11:48:46 PM

Bless Up Idren

Yes I - glad InI can have respectful reasoning.

I think there is a hierarchy of sins and punishments range in severity according to the offense.

As described in the Fetha Nagast.

If I were to turn to I Ible I sight ideas such as: Let them without sin cast the first stone.

I sight not all trans people mutilate or remove their genitals or accept hormones implanted into their body. Of course those actions are not natural. I man simply say that empathy for an I that is explaining what the I knows should take importance over broad biblical interpretations.

As the I states, InI are the living temple.

InI are the living JAH. JAH works in mysterious ways. InI should not shy from reasoning about what InI experience in this life.

Relating to the Law, I man tried to start a debate about that with post #9 of "Rastafari in Mainstream"
Towards the end of the first page:

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7374&start_row=1

HIM Haile Selassie I & Empress Menen I Live

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 87

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I