Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7063&start_row=91

May White Men Be Rastafari?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/5/2019 8:54:40 AM

Right. All people can move to Africa should they choose? IGNORING the fact His Majesty had immigration law.

And a claim pacifism because His Majesty was about peace. IGNORING the fact His Majesty had a military, went to War in defence of his Country and ordained the training of other Countries armies.

And a claim His Majesty didn't believe in identity labels because His Majesty didn't like racial injustice. IGNORING the fact His Majesty called himself and others "Africans" and made mention of "Foreigners" sighting an obvious distinction of identity and advocating for AFRICANS to govern African affairs.

And a claim that it is InI who ignore Jah?

I will call out such behaviour. I don't like to watch and study people movements so but a so it go yah now

Haile I

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 3/5/2019 9:45:14 AM

“Let Us say, first of all, that Ethiopia considers herself a member of ONE GROUP ONLY - the AFRICAN group. We will join in any deliberations, we will consider any plan, we will debate any proposal anywhere, and at any time, provided that it contributes to the maintenance of world peace, the development of Africa's human and material resources, and the protection of this continent's legitimate interests."
Haile Selassie - 1961
(Selected Speeches 215)

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/5/2019 10:37:34 AM

“Me personally, me can’t be prejudiced, me can’t, me not think of Life that way because if you’re prejudice that mean you have a hate. If you have a hate inside of you, you cannot be righteous……What I really want is that the people come together.” – Bob Marley

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 3/5/2019 11:38:59 AM

Nesta1, I overs your plight when 1s & 1s strife with the I for Zion.
Black Supremacy, Repartriation, Self Determination are some of the things central to RasTafarI. These things partain to the plight of the indegineous african people. A distinct people. A people who had their original way of life, their autonomy and natural resources. Their culture, land and freedom. Just like the people of Israel. Good News; The Salvation brought by Jesus Christ was first for the Jew and then for the gentile, and The Redemtion brought by HIM Haile Selassie I was first for the Indegenous African then for the people of the world.
The restoration of such these things is the mission. All humanity is invited, every1 has a role, to neglect or oblige, Welcome brother, for your heart is black.
Like Marcus said better the american with a black heart than an african with a white heart. e.g kennedy & obama.
Repartriation is a must.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/5/2019 12:27:05 PM

Truth, brother. I know where I'll be once that Zion train comes...repatriation is a must.

"Black supremacy" is a poison terminology that must be ditched. It's a juxtaposition of words that reeks of bigotry and racial intolerance. If it really ISN'T a racist doctrine (& that's hard to tell for sure because despite the denials of some of its proponents, their racist attitudes & resentments bubble right to the surface when pressed); then a clearer, different terminology that eliminates the skin color allusion (which even H.I.M. denounced) should be embraced to describe it which rids the terminology of any divisive language that sows the seeds of discord (e.g., 'supremacy' is a tainted term also in that 98% of people hearing the term supremacy in this context immediately associate it with "white supremacy" and the ugliness of that doctrine). RastafarI H.I.M.self was vocally against the bigotry of racial divisiveness, prejudice & discrimination, and sought to see it eliminated, so those who practice these willfully defy the Most High. Haile Selassie articulated His clear vision for how people needed to change their mentality in order for the world to ever achieve “the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality”, and, importantly, for the African continent to finally know peace. Among the ways people’s mentality needed to change, H.I.M. said that we need to see that "the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes". I can't buy the duplicity of a person who says to me that "black" has nothing to do with skin color, and then turns right around and disparages me based solely upon my lighter skin pigmentation and his own prejudice.

Anyway, that ridiculous source of discord (which should have been long gone by now) can be ignored in the interest of keeping the trod a positive striving toward His Majesty's vision in accordance with His Teachings.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We know where we're going. We know where we're from. We're leaving Babylon. We're going to our father's land."

JAH LOVE & INITY

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 3/5/2019 12:39:28 PM

Nesta1 I beg to disagree, Black Supemacy isnt racist at all. Perception depends on the spectacles 1 wares.
There are generations of people in a plight of their Identity and Destiny, whether aware or not, and he who knows it feels it.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/5/2019 12:48:41 PM

It may not be a racist doctrine (so far the ones who have been the most vocal about it to me have not been good spokespeople in that respect), but if we're using a term that 98% of the world HEARS as racist, why not change that to better clarify that that IS NOT what we mean. The overwhelming majority of people who hear a term like "black supremacy" hear it as racist. Is that a perception that we want them to have??? If not, then we change it. Look how many terms have been changed in modern times to better communicate their true meanings, especially in the area of race relations. This just seems like a no brainer unless we derive some covet pleasure out of watching people writhe in their misunderstanding. It really comes down to the perception that we want to communicate: angry and racist or tolerant and inclusive.
If Haile Selassie thought we can get along without using the words "black" and "white" in this kind of context then I'm sure He was correct.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 3/5/2019 12:53:58 PM

"but if we're using a term that 98% of the world HEARS as racist, why not change that to better clarify that that IS NOT what we mean."
Black Supremacy cannot be rebranded to comply with or be justified to the people of the world. Black Supremacy is a calling. Black Supremacy is not a request, Black Supremacy is a must.
Self Determination isnt fundamentalism or racism, otherwise allfamilies, institutions and governments stand accused.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/5/2019 1:26:57 PM

Let me try this another way.

First of all: I am among the most sympathetic people on earth when it comes to issue of African racial injustice as I am a RastafarI. That said, I find that people espousing Black Supremacy have a very difficult time articulating it to me without is coming perilously close to making it sound like a doctrine based upon resentment, disdain and getting even. Now if I'm a sympathetic listener and it can't be clearly communicated to me, then the proponents of this are failing to communicate its meaning clearly (or it's possible it really does contain racist elements).

Second, we RastafarI are not a big or influential movement. People aren't going to bend over backwards to understand us. If we want to be heard and understood then we have to speak in terms that people (including other RastafarI) can clearly understand.

Third, like Donald Trump claiming that he's not a racist: If he's fanning the flames of racial discord and racial intolerance then he'd might as well be a racist because the result is the same. Well, that goes for everybody else too. If we're using provocative terminology that quite clearly will trigger emotional responses and racist connotations in people's minds, and/or create more racial discord and misunderstanding, then the nobility of our cause is a moot point --we're making matters worse. That means that it becomes incumbent upon us (not them) to make ourselves clear. The "well, if you don't understand it then that's YOUR problem" attitude doesn't really cut in any arena (except for maybe a hermit in the desert).

I really do like this quote from Haile Selassie because I think it is important to recognize that no matter how pure or noble we think our intentions are, we are human:

"Let us not recoil in hatred against those who, even while protecting their freedom from bias and prejudice, reveal by their actions that the poison of racial discrimination has left its lasting effects, and by this reaction reveal that we, no less than they are prey to unreasoning emotion, that we, no less than they are susceptible to that virus which is called intolerance." -Haile Selassie

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/5/2019 1:41:14 PM

RastafariWork you show me where Garvey said Americans with black hearts are to repatriate with the Africans on the black star liner to Africa

AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS AT HOME AND ABROAD

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I