Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7041&start_row=31

Ganja talk

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/24/2019 5:05:53 AM

Nesta I, yes I overstand, give thankhs!

Garvey I, seen that definitely makes sense, that the I was posing the question for others, not necessarily because that is the reason behind the I choice. Give thankhs for making that clear.

And for the record I usually have been a daily ganjah smoker, multiple times daily, for the past 9 years or so. But just in a location right now where herb is difficult and risky to find, so rather than go through the trouble I just choose to leave it. Really don't feel too much difference without it, maybe I just internalized that feeling at this point to where I feel the pretty much the same with or without ganjah. Only some pain management benefits that I am missing sometimes, moontime and those kinda things. But there are plenty other natural herbs and remedies to ease that, and it's good to have a reason to seek out those other options instead of relying only on ganjah.

Does the I feel a big difference since stopping smoking, Garveys Africa?

And to RasTafarIWork, that question was posed very poetically yes but I overstand the point the I is making and I think it is fair to say that something so enjoyable can be hard to unbiasedly judge. Definitely a good point.

Oneness

Messenger: Back to the chalice Sent: 1/24/2019 3:45:44 PM

I have absoloutely no doubt that for me, the Ganja plant holds some kind of spiritual link to feeling and acting in a good way. I found changes in life though and responsibility of raising a family I had to stop. I stopped it for years as I was too wrapped up in the system that, when I smoked I was uncomfortable with my thoughts. It was like, it was pulling me in a different direction away from the daily grind of living in Babylon's system. Been off it maybe a good ten or more years until last 2 weeks ;)

And now, Ive started listening daily again to reggae music and the both of them for me just go hand in hand together. Ive never been much of a heavy smoker can always take it or leave it. I don't know, life is a strange journey it's like I'm revisiting my younger years all over again and it's feeling right. I know one thing though, it's a whole heap stronger than it used to be and I don't know whether that's a good thing or not. I just use less when I smoke until I find some older strains of Landrace as I know them still around. People have been genetically messing with the herb to make it much stronger for profit. It's not natural like the old days - I could easy get some Sensi or Colly seeds and grow my own but where I live that be hard.

Ive never heard of the Ganja killing anyone plus I believe it's harmless in moderation and also very good for me. The plants multi medicinal use is astounding even Babylons pharma companys are finally going to have to accept some of the best medicine grows free out the earth.
Truth.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/24/2019 4:49:09 PM

Never heard of ganja killing anyone is the biggest. Myth around. I personally have witnessed several old Rasta who have lived ital and smoked no cigarette yet have died of lung cancer after 40-60 years of heavy use.

And have provided many studies with thousands of people over a number of years to show it increases the risks of lung cancer, other cancers, and obstructive airway disease. The human body was not designed to consume smoke at high doses over regular periods. One should try combustion vape or steam chalice

Also, i can't speak on the science spiritually. But mentality ganja is a relaxant and helps your brain produce more dopamine messing with the dopamine / serotonin balance. This will lead to you feeling euphoric while smoking but can run the risk of you then having a dependence where you feel low without it or disconnected without it. And then there's the paranoia..... Of course NONE of this may affect you we are not talking in absolutes but in terms of risks over long periods of time

InI can not claim we are natural if we rely on a drug to feel spiritually satiable. A drug in the sense that it changes your body's natural composition and produces a change in mindstate / physiology

Blessed

Messenger: Back to the chalice Sent: 1/24/2019 5:15:03 PM

@GARVEYS AFRICA I should make myself more clearer to the I in the post I make previous. The Rastas the I talks of who died after 40+ years heavy smoking took so much maybe them lungs pack up and stop working properly I should make my point to the I that I think the herb is harmless in moderation. I hear of people who die drinking too much water at once.

To me using herb is safe and not addictive in the way I use it. If I ever felt addiction coming on then I would stop and not make a post like this and stand by the I's reasoning. But it's just not like that for me so all I can do is tell it the way I see it but also take on board the I's side of the debate. True.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/24/2019 11:23:05 PM

Blessed. I hear you. I had 11 to 12 years daily heavy use. Now ganja free 3 years

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/25/2019 3:14:48 AM

Back to the chalice,
Yes, everything we ingest - foods, beverages, air pollution, smoke from the cooking fire, pharmaceuticals -- "changes your body's natural composition and produces a change in mindstate / physiology". Enjoy ganja as much as you like and don't let anyone guilt you into believing that it's some kind of vice (especially not old, ex-ganja heads who've already had their fun & enlightenment with the herb like G.A. or me).

i have a mother-in-law who's probably dying of lung cancer. She never smoked cigarettes in her life, but has spent a lifetime cooking for her family over wood fires out of necessity. Wonderful women. She might as well have been smoking some herb along the way. Go figure.

[i wonder if any of those old Rastas who've been "studied" got a lifetime of cooking fire smoke in their lungs along with that ganja. The friends i stayed with in Jamaica so many times cooked over a wood fire every day. i can't help but be reminded how raspy mama's voice was from doing that...]

Messenger: Seshat Sent: 1/25/2019 3:29:54 AM

https://youtu.be/1thtdcJ9umE

Messenger: Seshat Sent: 1/25/2019 3:30:41 AM

Greetings one and ones. Omega love. Selassie i first lives.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/25/2019 5:23:48 AM

Yes, everything we ingest - foods, beverages, air pollution, smoke from the cooking fire, pharmaceuticals -- "changes your body's natural composition and produces a change in mindstate / physiology"

This isn't 100% correct. What I gave was the definition of a drug. Being somerhing that measurably changes ones physiology. If I drink water, there is no change in physiology. There is a homeostasis. When a drug is consumed that homeostasis is negatively affected. This causes a physiological effect which can be measured. The difference is subtle but the difference is there. Everything is not a drug although there are many drugs

I also mentioned mindtate. Which leans more toward the definition of a narcotic... Which ganja definitely is. Maybe this is the word I should have used.

If we are using the none opioid definition of narcotics then ganja would meet the criteria for narcotics on the two limbs of being i) addictive and ii) having an immediate effect on mood and mindstate.

Hence being a Narcotic. And a Drug. A narcotic drug. Something we can't really say about "food. beverages. Air pollution" not as a blanket statement at least

There is no escaping the truth

I can estimate nobody cares about these definitions we seem to disagree on other than InI involved in science. But I do remember asking myself at 1 point is everything a drug?

RASTAFARI

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/25/2019 5:47:08 AM

"If I drink water, there is no change in physiology." We need to be careful with those semantics here. That all depends on the definitions we're using.
But while we can argue uselessly about whether a food is a "drug" or not, i think we all can agree that everything you ingest has an effect on your body, and, hence, on your mind as well. Semantics aren't really the point though. The point is that we cannot avoid ingesting all kinds of substances both voluntarily and involuntarily. If we find a natural, exogenously-produced substance (say ganja, for example) that we deem to be beneficial for our lives and most would concur that it is of no acute or substantial toxicity, then why not pursue enjoyment of that substance (in moderation most of the time, of course!)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I