Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6979&start_row=21

Rasta trod

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/7/2018 6:07:02 PM

We will have mixed race people, we will also have pure race people, and we will have a new race of people that is arising, something we never argued/reasoned about yet-RASTAFARI

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/7/2018 6:37:21 PM

Lighted up if ya would like, read this story of how some American hippies visited Jamaica and crossed paths with some Rastafari in the bush, this is before Rastafari/reggae was popular mainstream in America and few knew about rastafari outside Jamaica.

http://thankahippie.com/2014/06/19/growing-up-hippie-living-with-the-rastafarians/

lets know history, how did the rastafari people and hippies first interact and view eachother?

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 8/7/2018 7:15:50 PM

I sigh what Black heart is sayin about the whites and the hippie movement, and the other people with their cultural movements. I'm not anti-hippie. Just that if one claims to be rasta and is called a hippie, I can see how that would bother one.
Rastafari not limited to one color of people

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/8/2018 3:58:35 AM

Very wise, Jahcub Onelove.
A Rasta isn't really "anti-" anyone. It's the devil's mentality we fight (and every person stumbles into the devil's mentality from time to time).

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

i&I not really sure what a "hippie" is today, but i'm sure it is as diverse a group of people as the hippies were that i ran with back in the 60s and 70s; many of whom were incredibly talented & intelligent individuals who made wonderful contributions to the world around them. Yes, they believed in Peace & Love and, for the life of me, i&I could never find any fault in that.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I