Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6871&start_row=1

"Theological ignorance of Trinitarian Mystery"

Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 10/20/2017 9:40:40 AM

Found this Reasoning in My facebook feed today. Reasoning by "Tekle Selassie"

Theological ignorance of trinitarian mystery often brings brethren and elders to state that Haile Selassie I is the Father, while Jesus is the Son. A deep study of Ethiopian Trinity (Selassie), first of the five columns of Ethiopian Faith (Hamistu Aemad) is precondition to ovastand the same Nature of the King, whose Name is "Power of the Trinity".

Psalm 110 make us able to explain with authority such reality.

"The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." (Verse 1)

Here we have two Lords, which are two persons of the Divinity of equal honor: The Lord Father, and the Lord Son. The Father represents the Absolute Trascendence of God (Thought of God), therefore He Rules and Sets the Divine Plan, He sends the Son to take the flesh of man and the Holy Spirit to dwell in the hearts of man.

The Son, Who is also said "the Word of God", manifests and reveals historically the Will of the Father, assuming the flesh like thought becoming material sound in spoken words. Hence, it was written about them:

"No man hath seen God (Father) at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." (John 1, 18)

"Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me." (John 12, 44-45)

When the Father says, therefore, "Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool", He is sending the Son to acquire the exaltation of Christ, both in Priesthood (First Coming) and in Royalty (Second Coming); the psalm says in fact about the Son:

"The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek." (Verse 4)

and

"The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies." (Verse 2)

In fact, "the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword" (Hebrew 4), so these are the two-edges of Christ as Alpha and Omega, Priest and King, First and Second coming, Divinity and Humanity, Wisdom and Power of the Trinity through Whom Jah creates and judges everything.

To make even more clear that the Bible is talking about His Majesty as the Son, the Verse 3 (in ge'ez ethiopic version, while western interpretations are generally very incorrect) reveals the precise Names of the King and His Sonship:

"With you QEDAMAWI (The First) in the Day of HAYL (Power)"

and

"I generated you from the bosom since before the Morning Star".

That is the same concept expressed in Psalm 2, 6-7: "Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."

At the verse 5 we find another Lord at the right:

"The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath." (Verse 5)

At the right hand of Lord Father, we find Lord the Son; and at the Right Hand of Lord the Son another Lord again, that is the Third Divine Person of the Holy Spirit of Truth, Paraqletos or "Comforter", Breath of God, Who sanctifies creation and fills it, inspiring the hearts of the prophets to defend the Faith with Tongues of Fyah.

When we speak of His Majesty as the Father or the Comforter, thus, even if this meditation can be true in mystic, they are incorrect in the basic theological ovastanding and should not be repeated.

What are the I dem thoughts on this?

Blessed Love To One & All, Happy Blessed Sabbath Universally & Internationally, JAH IS LOVE LET US ALL LOVE

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I