Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6791&start_row=1

Fabric fibers stuck in dreadlocks

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/1/2017 5:47:16 PM

Greetings Ras Tafari!

I have noticed that dreadlocks are like magnets for little fibers of fabric. I see them after wearing a hat, after using a towel, and basically all the time. Most of the time I just see them on the surface not woven in and can pinch it off. Other times I notice that the fibers have woven into the lock with no real way to get them out without pulling out hair with them.. I tend to let those stay in.. I have seen them in some of my newest locking formations and wonder if these non-hair fibers help the locking process along.. Or if its a reflection of environment? Like living surrounded by babylon and seeing fibers of the contact..
Does anyone else notice this or have thoughts?

Love

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/2/2017 8:02:51 PM

Haha yes Idren Hemphill, this happens to I as well. Everyday.
I just pluck the fuzzies out if I can, as the I said sometimes I cant and then it just has to stay. I dont think the fuzz is necessarily an aid to the locking process tho. Plenty strands lock up without any help from the lint.
Not sure how to prevent this except not using towels, not even sure if that would help.
Natty Ites
More Love

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 4/8/2017 6:32:46 PM

Doesn't this mainly happen for non-afrikan dreadlocks? Or at least more so for those not being black with the ORIginal curly hair?

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/11/2017 12:21:58 PM

Well im not entirely sure Black Christ Salvation.. I am not Black but my Empress is and she gets the fuzzy fibers in her dreadlocks too.. Maybe not quite as much as I do but still there.. In the opening post I mentioned that it could be a product/reflection of environment. We live in Kansas surrounded by babylon and while we limit the contact as much as possible, it is still there.. I would say that those who live in more natural settings with less babylon, this contact is less visible.. Really tho, I don't think this is a big issue. Its just something I go through and wanted other peoples take on it.

Love

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 4/17/2017 8:55:46 PM

it happens to all types of hair meh son,,,,,dont be under any illusion that lint only sticks to non African hair....

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/7/2017 5:59:11 AM

I sleep with my turban on, so no blanket fibres stick in my locks.
As for towels, hair strands only stick on it if you rub the towel vigorously upon the head,but if you dab your head with the towel and gently squeeze the water out of your locks with the towel spread over and between the fingers on the hand, you won't loose any hair.

Messenger: MARDUK DAMBALLA Sent: 7/22/2017 9:52:00 PM

DON'T USE SOAP ON HAIR. IT'S NUMBER ONE CAUSE FOR HAIR LOSS.

Messenger: MARDUK DAMBALLA Sent: 7/23/2017 6:19:19 AM

I AM ABOUT THREE MONTHS STRONG, WITH NO SOAP ON MY FLESH. AND MY HAIR IS TOUGH. I DON'T EVEN WRAP IT UP.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I