Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6790&start_row=11

Reggae Music

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2017 6:14:02 AM

Music is entertainment Iah
Also a form of meditation into consciousness and conscious thought provocation

Why one cant play some music, meditate and then go to a convening meeting for african liberation in your mind I dont know. It doesnt have to be one or the other... people can and do often do both you know.

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/14/2017 9:30:23 AM

I don't have time for entertainment.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2017 11:19:09 AM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2017 11:20:16 AM

you have time for internet though interesting

you dont have time for meditation? music is a part of meditation for many maybe not you but many. If you dont pree it then thats fine nobody can judge you for that....

but we werent talking about what YOU prefer or what YOU have time for dont jump and skip around.... You said reggae was never a part of black culture and then tried to imply it was destructive to black liberation. Lets just leave that there

Messenger: Jahohanahn Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/14/2017 12:37:50 PM

I have time for gaining more knowledge. I use internet solely for education, and not entertainment. All this knowledge was stolen from Africa. It's fair enough that I grasp as much of it as I can. And my meditation never stops. I am constantly meditating, until I rest at night. When I awake, the meditation continues.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2017 8:54:40 PM

Thats you

Music has always been a part of ancient black culture and Reggae a part of more contemporary but still historical black culture, directly descended from traditional african drumsound and chanting

Messenger: Jahohanahn Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/14/2017 9:24:41 PM

Maybe reggae was part of your culture ; it wasn't part of mine. Africa is a continent of numerous peoples with a wide range of diverse cultures.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2017 9:52:43 PM

Exactly

Reggae has been a part of millions on millions of Africans culture. Just not yours

Let thr reason continue

Messenger: ASoulLiberated Sent: 6/18/2017 2:20:50 AM

I love all of the marleys especially Stephen, but I've been listening to more and more of Chronixx music lately. He's a very humble person, and I'm starting to get interested in jah9, I still love the older music(bob Marley, tosh, barrington levy)

Messenger: John MAU MAU Sent: 6/26/2017 9:57:32 AM

Reggae is Satanism.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I