Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6772&start_row=1

New Life

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/9/2017 5:47:50 PM

Has been some time since I've been connected here; thought I'd bring some news and questions to the Rastafari..
The time is coming very soon for I Queen and I to bring in new life. She is nearly 38 weeks right now and could start labor any day.. We are very excited and cannot wait to look into the eyes of our Jah - sent babe! This has been a very rewarding and humbling experience so far and we are putting the last pieces of preparation together.. I just finished carving/sculpting a wooden Ahnk as a baby toy and gift!

I have some questions for ones and ones who have children + anyone with wisdom to share..

1. What are some ancient/timetested practices the father can do to be supportive during the labor process?
2. Does anyone know of African traditions I Queen can practice during labor to ease the pain and deliver smoothly?

We recognize that labor is inescapably difficult but simply want some tips on how the ancients went about the process without modern medical interventions. Anything would be helpful!

Jah willing, our babe will be here safe and soon! Hope to share the experience and maybe link a picture of our family!

Love

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/11/2017 12:44:52 PM

Greetings and love unto di I and family!

I can only speak of my own experiences, as I have brought 3 children into this world, and each was a beautiful experience! Most First World People do not have a man present during the birthing process, as this is viewed as sacred woman business, however I was happy to have their father right there with I. Best thing a father can do is be supportive, strong, patient and loving. Make sure she's comfortable, massage her (if she doesn't mind, some women prefer not to be touched).

Personally, I can't stand hospital vibes, so I had mine in the comfort of my home with a Dula (midwife), reggae music playing, incense burning, and yes, I did "nurse" a spliff during contractions, small small puffs to ease the labor and pain. Ganja tea as well.

The best advise I was given by a Nigerian elder was to do plenty of walking throughput the pregnancy but especially the last week, and JAH KNOW, my labor and birthing time was less then an hour for the first one, 20 minutes for the second, and yes...TEN minutes for the 3rd!!!!! One push and done!!!

Get ready for an unforgettable and sacred time! 😊;

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/12/2017 11:38:38 AM

Greetings RastaGoddess!

Thank you for the advice and personal experience. A 10 minute delivery is crazy! The average -according to our pregnancy class- is like 5 to 8 hours!
The walking we have already noticed; on a walk yesterday she said she could feel the baby lower in her pelvis and was getting light contractions as we walked.. This babe will be here soon and we apprecilove the advice!

JAH Strength and Love

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/12/2017 8:11:56 PM

Well when I say 10 minutes, I mean from the time you are told to push. Of course I had contractions through the night (as with all 3 children), slept through most of them, woke up with them 5-10 minutes apart...then time to birth! LOL

All 3 of mine same way, and all 3 born in the morning.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/2/2017 12:28:01 PM

Early yesterday morning our baby boy was born! His name is Elijah Robert Hemphill and he is beautiful. It is amazing to see new life and hearing his first cry brought tears of my own. Jah is so wonderful and amazing! I and I wife are eternally greatful for this precious gift and responsibility of new life!

Love

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 3/2/2017 1:55:46 PM

Much love and blessings to your family. Selassie I blessings!

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 3/2/2017 6:48:57 PM

okkkk...so now go be a daddy....its going to be a learning experience for the REST of your life...oh and there is no handbook to tell you how to do it...an sometimes decisions are made on the spot.....do what you would want your son to do and become....live life the way you would want him to live....just a statement from my 30 year long experience of raising sons and daughters.....now mind you that my experiences are not yours...hence the reason i am not offering any fatherly advice on how you should raise your children...whatever he learns from now to 15...is on you....dont mess it up...i was going to say dont fuck it up...but that might be a little drastic....so enjoy being a daddy....you will laugh...you will have fear...you will cry...you will worry.....its wonderful...

Messenger: Sister JAH Child Sent: 3/2/2017 10:34:56 PM

Joy and thankhs for the New Life!
Idren and Istren I was just thinking of the I today thinking it would be about time, I was going to send the I an email and see how things are going! Amazed to know the little one has finally arrived.
I wish I had some advice, but I know with love and wiseminds the I and Istren will do great.
Oneness

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/2/2017 10:44:29 PM

Many thanks for the wisdom ras ravin-i!! I am excited, nervous, in love, worried, and much more all packed into one feeling that is somehow naturally soothing. I dont think I can honestly say that I am completely prepared or ready but I am willing and so happy that He is here and healthy! To live the life I want him to live is a lot to think about but very true. This is our first child and we are enjoying every moment!

Again, many thanks!
Love

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/2/2017 10:51:10 PM

Yes I Sister JAH Child! He is healthy and beautiful! We have been very busy with family coming to visit and I only getting one day off of work. Was going to send the I a picture if I can make this email and upload work. We appriciate the positive thoughts and wishes! The amount of love we have for this little one is astounding!

More and More Life!
Love

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I