Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=641&start_row=11

a passage from the so called prophet, Marcus Garvey

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/21/2005 1:55:01 AM

Negusnagas,

RasTafarI didn't fight and run away, He went to gather armies to help Ethiopia defeat Mussolini. He knew that the weapons that Ethiopia had couldn't compete with the more modern weapons the aggressor had, especially considering how wicked the people behind these weapons were. They used poison to kill many people, and didn't have any consideration for Life. So Selassie I Itinued the fight and accomplished what he set out to do. He gathered the armies to defeat Mussolini. Garvey said some things against Selassie I because he didn't Iverstand the purpose of everything that Selassie I did. He didn't Iverstand that Selassie I was gathering armies to fight against Mussolini. And Selassie I accomplished his goal and defeated Mussolini. Selassie I didn't come to bow, but to conquer.

Negusnagas, you said,
----------------
sounds like what people been doing for years when it came to defending their faith, which is glorify the positive and reproach the negative.
----------------

Of course that is what we do. RasTafarI people are people of righteousness, so we reject all wickedness, and we glorify all righteousness.

I have learned many things from Garvey's words, but just because I agree with many things, doesn't mean I agree with everything. Only fools agree with everything a person says, especially if it is not justified within themself.

RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I taught I and I

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

Belgrade Conference

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/21/2005 1:13:36 PM

No bredren, he is not John the Baptist. As a matter of fact he didn't like that view, he and Alexander Bedward, preffered to be reffered to as Moses and Aaron. I don't know how accurate that is either. What I do know is that Marcus Garvey is amazing, and his contributions to the liberation of black people both physically and spiritually, are still celebrated today. He was also an amazing poet. I give thanks for his life.

Give thanks for the liberationists and revolutinaries. They did not live in vain, there word still break down babylon, even in this time.

Ras Zion I

Also I don't know if the I's have heard but there is a marcus garvey movie coming out. In theatre.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/21/2005 2:16:02 PM

what a blessing to find such deep reasoning bredren

I prefer to refer to I beliefs as a belief system as opposed to a RE-LIGION

I is perfection in unity luv truth completeness oneness in JAH

RE-again, LIGION-alegiance, (sounds like rounding up people 4 brainwashing) or a club or organization

I overstanding of religion is that rituals and repetition attempt to imitate the true spiritual nature of I

perhaps this should be another topic, but rasta was referenced as a religion

we can be religious about anything

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/21/2005 10:21:43 PM

so we are on the same page TEF

luv and blessings, RSK

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I