Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6271&start_row=41

DEJAZMACH "KEEPER OF THE DOOR

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 47
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/29/2015 8:07:29 PM

king haile selassie i the first is god in flesh yet still he took comfort in the bible

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/29/2015 8:36:42 PM

My reasoning is that HIM was baptized according to Ethiopian tradition, 40 days after birth for male child. From I sightings INFANTS are usaually not dipped but poured/sprinkled on sometimes water poured on the cross before falling on the infant. It seem more plausible to be done this way with an infant versus dipping with a adolescent or adult!

Just I thoughts!

Bless!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/29/2015 8:53:48 PM

From what I have seen, Ethiopian Christian Orthodox and Christian Orthodox in general don't business about whether it is a baby or not, they get dipped, and typically start screaming an crying afterward. It has only been the last few decades where western influence has softened some in that regard.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/29/2015 10:31:45 PM

D I may be correct

I initial point to John I.S was that the EOTC also sprinkles or pours as they do I then assumed it may be customary to do infants that way and that HIM being an infant was done this way also.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/29/2015 11:25:46 PM

In ancient Kush/Kemet, "in keeping with the nine inseparable parts of the human soul", a child is not given a name (Ren) until a spiritual ceremony was performed, now called "Baptism" in the Euro-Christian religion.

In Kemetic practice, purification takes two forms, "magical" and physical. The former is done by declaring that you are fit to contact the netjer. 

"I, [name,] am a child of Ra. I am a child of the Lord of Life, I am created from the tears of the Eye of Ra. As Ra bathes in the waters of the Lake , so now do I bathe in the waters of the Lake. As Ra I am purified and cleansed. As Ra I am renewed and rejuvenated…

...that I may kiss the earth so great is his majesty, that I may endow his image with life. I am pure. I am purified.”

Picture of Baptism in Kemet

Young Tafari was baptized on the fortieth day of His life according to traditional Ethiopian custom. He would later claim to have gained knowledge through the experience.

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 12/1/2015 4:14:46 AM

www.ethiopianorthodox.org/english/dogma/sacrabaptism.html says:
CHAPTER 1
The Sacrament of
Baptism
I. Definition
Baptism is the sacrament
through which a person is
born again and accepted into
the membership of the church
after being dipped into water
three times in the name of