Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6114&start_row=71

Ancient Esoteric Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/24/2015 8:37:19 AM

The higher and lower self

However, Set or Seth was looked at as important and as needed as Heru, depending on circumstance.

Devil philosophy is childish

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/24/2015 11:45:17 AM

but if ancestors appear as snakes all other creatures of different dimensions might as well. so maybe therefore the snake represents the arrival of demons and satan. maybe christianity warns you from that. i dont know.

maybe thats why someone can be "wise like a serpent". because its like drinking alcohol. you get more sensitive but is it really helpful? so seeing snakes might be a sign of having reached another level of perception but it can also be like poison. and i dont want to doubt the believes about physical snakes as ancestors. maybe a snake is just a symbol for something that comes from another world in general.

i respect the african traditions. but WHEN it comes to the bible. at least i dont want to say that those biblical serpents are something positive.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/24/2015 12:58:40 PM

A snake Whe warn you about a supremacist God-system and introduces you to ital food from a tree which can make you become like a God. Give thankhs for the wise snake, could definately be seen as a positive. The brethren already showed how Bible Jesus told people to be as wise as serpents.

And who says that ancestors are 'from another world' why are you still comparing the african perspective of serpent to devil and demon philosphophy. Not everything is comparable. Eurocentric philosophy has NO place in a discussion about Hola African ideals and concepts ancient and modern...... Unless to burn dem out from our psyche.

FarI

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/24/2015 1:08:20 PM

Some early socalled christians looked at the y d of Abraham Isaac and Jacob as the/a devil

Y do keep wit the "maybe's" when reffrring to supm dealing with AFRICAN cultures then equate it to satan/devil based in biblical ideology

If snakes signify ancestors coming in certain AFRICAN cultureS then thats what it is NO bible idea cant change that to no maybe this or that

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/24/2015 1:26:34 PM

yeah. out of respect i dont want to bring more and more impressions of mine to this thread any longer. ok. its all about african believes. i respect the ancestor thing. sorry but this "different dimension" thing was all i could think of. but as a matter of fact i dont know where these ancestors in form of serpents are coming from. but i respect that idea.

ive dealt with some wild theories, history questions, christianity and the bible in here but everything is just connected with everything, right? so as the bible deals with distorted african stories one thing comes to another sometimes. but i want to leave space for the next things regarding ancient esoteric "rasta" believes instead of connecting things to the bible. but i think its ok to do so. it exposes the heritage of certain stories and helps one to chose what she or he wants to believe.

but theres only one more thing going through my mind regarding all of this...who did those world leaders and main stream celebrities sold their souls if not lucifer? i mean look at the statue of liberty. it came from a certain french society to "enlight" new york and the usa. what kind of light bringer dat? if its just all about symbols then those are the ones who use it for questionable purposes. thats for sure. i agree. sometimes the image of even the christian god is distorted to protect the system. without the believe of heaven and hell many people would take their german lugers and machine guns and show their downpressors what they really think of them. i think the family members of the ones who were killed by satanists dont think that satan is that childish. too much confusion. its a sad world. we cant even trust the ones who deal with spirituality and god (rome).

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/24/2015 5:14:13 PM

Give thanks for di I's reasonings @ Garvey's Africa

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/24/2015 5:23:08 PM

The word Naga

Means "Serpent" in the Vedic Sanskrit. The Hindu Naga Serpent Gods of India are mention in the "Upanishad Texts", Nagini for the feminine. Indian Serpent Ruler, son of Kadru (Kedar in Hebrew means Black). In ancient India , the people with the blackest skins were respected and held to high esteem; original, first or primary. The Nagas ruled India as well as a substantial portion of Asia from Arabia to China and the South Pacific, as well as the Indian Ocean region. There are a few definitions of the Naga but the origin is the Naga serpent, or the Naga's a race of serpent like people from Hindu and Buddhist mythology. The word Naga comes from the Sanskrit and nag is still the word for snake, especially the cobra, in most of the languages of India . The Naga is referring to the people who have full access to the Kundalini energy. Kundalini being a serpentine force, to be honored with being called a Naga is to be wise as the serpent. Matthew 10:16 verse "Be ye therefore wise as Serpents, yet gentle as doves." Note that the Snake (Serpent Spirit) has been a symbol of wisdom since the metaphysical story of Adam and Eve. It's the wise Serpent who offered them the fruit of knowledge. Also attach to the wise Nag serpent is eternal healing, mystery, magical power, and holiness throughout most of the ancient non-western world.

It's the represents the power of life death resurrection. It's used in everything from sex potions to drugs to kill cancer, life and death. .Its poison can kill and used to heal, is shed its skin as a symbol of resurrection. It's a symbol of all the four elements water, air, earth and fire. The wise serpent lives in water and also in the earth, the poison is fire and the movement in "S" form is the same way waves move across air. Its symbol is used today in medicine, and other healing professions in the form of the Caduceus.

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28269

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/24/2015 5:42:33 PM

HAILE SELASSIE AND THE MYSTERY OF THE SERPENT

The Ethiopian/Hindu link is well strong. HIM kept hindu/yogi astrologers in the palace and consulted with them before making major decisions. astrologers also foretold the majesty of HIM as a child. the fact that HE was born a DRAGON was no doubt seen as a positive omen; as almost all emperors of the far east have been Dragons as well. HIM also mastered the yogas with the guide of the naga hindu yogis. ye shall master also.

HAILE SELASSIE I - KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE SERAPHIM

Seraphim in the Book of Enoch

The 2nd-century BC Book of Enoch also mentions the Seraphim, but the term used is the Greek drakones (δράκονες meaning "serpents"). Enoch was never accepted in the Hebrew canon, but it was widely read and quoted by early Christians -- most notably in the Epistle of Jude, which was included in the New Testament canon. From the usage of the word "saraph" in this late text, Christian exegesis identifies as seraphim the snakes responsible for the deaths of the blaspheming Israelites in Numbers chapter 21:"And the LORD sent fiery serpents. And the LORD sent fiery serpents (Sraphim, in hebrew)".

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/24/2015 5:59:25 PM

give thanks!

well maybe HIM used astrologers because HIM knows that astrology is important to the elite of the west and their believes. maybe HIM just accept the traditions.

if you watch certain tablets i think its very fitting that a serpent full of poison represents their craft. but seriously.

in the end...HIM said the message of the bible is important. you can say that HIS teachings arent that important or that the message of the bible HIM was talking about has nothing to do with western interpretations but i think its strange that the old testament is full of stories which are similar to african legends and HIM was a follower of king david but HIM was just very clear when it comes to christ. wihtout christ our life is like a boat without a rudder according to HIM.

so maybe theres another truth to this reptile/ serpent/ annunaki part of the bible while the teachings of yeshua was something HIM appreciated.

personally. as of right now. i make a difference between certain interpretations of the serpents in different cultures and the background of this concepts.

but all of us could be wrong.

to me, the western babylon system is our problem and satan might appear as a snake as well.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/24/2015 11:20:07 PM

Satan is not a snake but is mankind. Satan/devil is de manifestation of evil on man. Satan is anyone who embraces evil conception. Why can't yu just live de snakes alone. Dem have a right to live just like u. Its bn so long u try to incriminate dem. Just bcos in yo confused bible they have bn used to represent de Devil by de confused genesis doesn't mean a snake is Satan. Genesis of de bible is fiction like de movies u watch. In a movie somebody playin de role of Satan doesn't mean he/she is Satan

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I