Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6114&start_row=31

Ancient Esoteric Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/19/2015 2:47:07 PM

yeah. i guess why people believe in god is because their values tell them to as well.

you see that some people who deal with signs and symbols are all about power.

liar or not...the snake was about to "mislead" them both. he wanted to gave them power under his very own conditions without respect for god.
but personally, i dont know what to think about this story. why do they have to eat an apple? revelation deals with an image of "the word of god" as white horse which name is unknown to mankind. maybe no religion and no cult can show us the way by simply following them without thinking. the different religions are like "different crowns". but i dont want to claim that i know what revelation is really all about.

I believe in god. I know that we cant trust the bible blindly. I respect the one their called jesus BUT IM very careful about certain interpretations and especially religions.

I even believe that those traditions regarding serpant symbols are older than te bible and that there are certain powers but all i say is i try to be careful to connect it with the bible. all i know is that the way some people use certain symbols and the way some people use the bible is evil.

respect! i think the story of adam and eve is very complicated. makes me think of the tree of life too. this thing babylonians believed in. its the same when it comes to kaballah. its always about a snake and a tree of course. but i dont know if the similarities of the different cultures are an evidence of the fakeness of the bible and all religions. but i dont trust western societies. i dont trust western christians. i believe in JAH and in HIM and we have to stick to our values.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/19/2015 5:25:32 PM

Give thanks VoodooRuutz! I appreciLOVE di I's vibez.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/19/2015 6:55:15 PM

Bless Up Sistren!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/19/2015 7:28:43 PM

VoodooRuutz, you left out a very key aspect in trying to make your point: praising the serpent...

Romans 5:12
"Therefore just as sin entered the world through one man, and DEATH through sin, and in this way DEATH came to all men, because all sinned."

Genesis 2:16
And the Lord God commanded the man, you are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.

Genesis 3:4
The serpent said to the woman, You surely will not die!

Genesis 3:19
"until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

Genesis 3:22
The man has now become like one of us, knowing both good and evil. HE MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO REACH OUT HIS HAND AND TAKE ALSO FROM THE TREE OF LIFE AND EAT, AND LIVE FOREVER.

2 Corinthians 11:3
But I am afraid that just as Eve was DECEIVED BY THE SERPENTS CUNNING, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

A one can argue just exactly what the 'fruit' is, but a one cannot argue that the serpent of Genesis is a liar and deceiver.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/19/2015 8:55:48 PM

Greetinz Jah Child,

Yes, I believe they are one and the same. Below is a clip of Ashra Kwesi speaking on the Seshat and the Afrikan Origins of "Adam and Eve" I'm still having trouble understanding how to post a Youtube video..but here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxilks2HNQ8&list=PL2BEAE5C8300DFA95

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/19/2015 9:01:57 PM

If the serpent is a liar and deceiver...then why did "Jesus" say "Be as wise as serpents"

We can pontificate different bible scriptures all day long, especially considering that there are COUNTLESS of CON-tradictions in it, not to mention PERVERSIONS of InI original texts.

This thread however, is intended to build on the esoteric Rasta and ancient Afrikan spiritual systems.

NEGUS NEGAST

The title for serpent king and solidified the fact that H.I.M was taught Egyptian Mysteries. The Serpent Kings are the same 7 serpents around Buddha, 7 Cobras of Goddess Lakshmi, the dragons in front of Shaolin Temples, the snakes st. Patrick chased out of Ireland and the Garden of Eden�;;;s serpent. Negas were Africans enlightened by the serpentine fire or kundalini energy. This is the same serpent pharaohs had on their crowns.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/19/2015 9:15:02 PM

What da key point is?

I wouldnt use HELLenistic thought to define more ancient Hebraic writings, certainly not Paul's (Pauls writings were directed at Europeans/Asians NOT Africans and he scorned IN THE BIBLE by REAL apostles for some of his teachings and was rejcted by a multitude of Hebrews and some Asia minor peoples)

If ur talking bout the live forever part i left it out purposely, i didnt forget about it

Why was there a tree of LIFE which can make man live forever if he wasnt already destined to or atleast able to die? Or did god created the tree of life AFTER their UJAT (EYE) was open

Why would god not want man to live forever then offer eternal life in Christ??

But back to the Serpent u still never showed where what the Serpent said didnt come true

They didnt surely die the day ate the fruit as the Serpent said now u can use your own interpretation of day other than "THE EVENING AND THE MORNING"

BLESS

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/19/2015 10:03:31 PM

Longtime Garveys Africa a ites up the serpent in the Garden. Him teach I how to become like a God, and not bow to a jealous and selfish God. Ites up the tree too, maybe it's Pando.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/19/2015 10:50:44 PM

De story of de tree of life is a myth so mi can't overs why it has even infiltrated dis ilahful thread. Mortality is just part of life & it was created purposefuly by Almighty creator. Snakes are some of Amighty s' creation objects just like we & other creatures. Almighty Creator manifest in all creartion objects including snakes. Snakes are symbolical in Black spirituality. Ancestral spirits do come as snake to relay some massages to us. Black spirituality is not satanism. Burn Jesus & bible

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/19/2015 11:35:15 PM

Black spirituality is de ancient religion way fo Black man & womb, so it is de real roots of Rasta livity, not de Jesus ideology. Satanists did copy & use some aspects of Black spirituality fo dem evil purposes but dat doesn't make Black spirituiality to be satanism. Ones & Ones haffe overs who realy is de devil & de difference btween good & evil. One Black Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I